Anonymous Login

smokie36

I noticed my login had the asterisk beside my name and see I am logged in anonymously with offline private beside my profile.

Thing is I logged out and back in again without clicking the box for anonymity yet I am still invisible....what is going on....anyone? blink.png

This issue was just brought up in the mods forum and their appears to be an issue with the Android Thaivisa app and that if you log in with it it logs you in anonymous by default. I noticed the asterisk next to my name for a few days but didn't understand what it meant. I saw it shortly after I used my tablet to login and after that it shows the asterisk using a standard browser. Logged out and back in and the asterisk is gone which means my anonymous login was cleared.

Did you use the Thaivisa app on a phone or tablet recently? Trying to pin this issue down.

This issue was just brought up in the mods forum and their appears to be an issue with the Android Thaivisa app and that if you log in with it it logs you in anonymous by default. I noticed the asterisk next to my name for a few days but didn't understand what it meant. I saw it shortly after I used my tablet to login and after that it shows the asterisk using a standard browser. Logged out and back in and the asterisk is gone which means my anonymous login was cleared.

Did you use the Thaivisa app on a phone or tablet recently? Trying to pin this issue down.

I logged in using the new app a couple of days ago. Yet I have logged out and back in using my laptop today and the asterisk is still there.

I logged in using the new app a couple of days ago. Yet I have logged out and back in using my laptop today and the asterisk is still there.

Please verify that you have the latest version.

Please verify that you have the latest version.

UsingThaivisa Connect Version 2.4.4.6

The asterisk has reappeared without me logging out or back in at all.

One thing I noticed on my tablet (JB 4.1.1) and it appears that the Thaivisa app runs as both an application and a service. Even after I close the app later I can get an Event popup on the tablet saying I have a PM. That suggests that possibly the tablet service is reconnecting and logging in to get the push PM. Right now just guessing as it is strange.

The asterisk has reappeared without me logging out or back in at all.

One thing I noticed on my tablet (JB 4.1.1) and it appears that the Thaivisa app runs as both an application and a service. Even after I close the app later I can get an Event popup on the tablet saying I have a PM. That suggests that possibly the tablet service is reconnecting and logging in to get the push PM. Right now just guessing as it is strange.

Yes, I get the same thing on my phone sometimes.

• 2 months later...

Its still happening.

I am the invisible smokie. sad.png

Me too.

... but not smokie ...

... actually, just signed out and back in (first time in a while), and I'm not invisible anymore. I had tried that before and it hadn't worked.

Edited by whybother

Its still happening.

I am the invisible smokie. sad.png

Me too.

... but not smokie ...

... actually, just signed out and back in (first time in a while), and I'm not invisible anymore. I had tried that before and it hadn't worked.

Yes I did that too and it works. The problem has something to do with the Android App. When I use that I become invisible again.