New Motorbike Police Stop Today

floridaguy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police road block on both sides of the 340 in Bang Bua Tong this morning, stopping mainly pick-ups & motorcycles. About 10-15 police on each road block.

Got pulled over & the guy spoke English, asked me my name, where I am from and then said have a nice day and waved me off.

Very strange....

The ones I've seen this week were mainly pulling over cars etc. Haven't seen them doing bikes yet.

Unfortunately it's obviously gotten around and the usual roads now have the local motosai riders all trying to quickly squash in the left. sad.png

I said "Look man I'm outdoors you know,

Can I stay with you maybe a couple days?"

He said "Let me go and ask my wife"

He said "I don't know man, ah she kinda funny, you know"

Said "Look man, come down here", he got down there

So what you want?

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer laugh.png

Umm, he drinks alone?

• Like 1

These brown uniform clowns are the worst police and best criminals money can buy.

Shame on them!

Nowt wrong if they are enforcing the law especially regarding riding without a helmet, which most of the BIB seem to be doing in my area of Lad-Krabang now smile.png

There was a major road block a few days ago on Thanon Onnut / Lat Krabang, not too far from Dirt Bike shop. One of the guys (looked like a fairly young chap) was actually in handcuffs - possibly caught with Yaba on him or maybe planted?) The cops were too busy with these group so I didn't even warrant a second look and rode on through. This was about 9 in the evening.

This morning at 10:30 police were stopping motorbikes at Suan Sirikit, coming from Rama 4 towards the Asok junction.

Didn't stop me though :-)

I have seen roadblocks almost every day during the day in Samut Prakan, because the ban on roadblocks was only for BKK, same should go for Nonthaburi, never had a ban.

These brown uniform clowns are the worst police and best criminals money can buy.

Shame on them!

Nowt wrong if they are enforcing the law especially regarding riding without a helmet, which most of the BIB seem to be doing in my area of Lad-Krabang now smile.png

There was a major road block a few days ago on Thanon Onnut / Lat Krabang, not too far from Dirt Bike shop. One of the guys (looked like a fairly young chap) was actually in handcuffs - possibly caught with Yaba on him or maybe planted?) The cops were too busy with these group so I didn't even warrant a second look and rode on through. This was about 9 in the evening.

Always a popular area for the BIB.

Those Prawet boys are nasty!!

But fair play if they have changed their colours and are honestly enforcing the law

Indeed, they are back, and they are back in force. I have been stopped 4 times in the last 2-3 weeks. It has become obvious to me that most motorbikes are staying to the far left again, so I am doing the same. Here are the locations I have been stopped:

1) Asoke-Montri between Sukhumvit and Rama IV (Heading towards Rama IV)

- They were stopping all motorbikes. I was stopped. I spoke in the best Thai I could. I hadn't done anything wrong. While reaching for my wallet, I explained that I was a teacher and had class in 15 minutes. I was told to proceed. I never turned off my motorbike.

2) Rama IV Road - Heading towards Prakhanong (Just before the Bangkok University Intersection)

- This time I was driving in the right lane. I was going quickly to bring my pregnant woman lunch. I knew they were going to nail me, so I handed 100 baht with my license. I got a lecture about driving in the right lane. I was told that mixed babies are beautiful and was sent on my way.

3) Rama IV Road - Heading towards town (Opposite Channel 3 Building)

- No reason. They were stopping everyone. I mentioned my school. I was sent away. The motorbike was never turned off.

4) Prakhanong's Finest (On Nut BTS - heading out of town)

- No reason. The pregnant woman was on the back. She said she had to pee. I was told to go before getting to my wallet. This was yesterday afternoon.

• Like 1

This morning at 10:30 police were stopping motorbikes at Suan Sirikit, coming from Rama 4 towards the Asok junction.

Didn't stop me though :-)

I have seen roadblocks almost every day during the day in Samut Prakan, because the ban on roadblocks was only for BKK, same should go for Nonthaburi, never had a ban.

Bang Yai in Nonthaburi actually experienced an increase in checkpoints when Bangkok stopped having them. Pickups and scoots were being pulled over. A neighbour told me the BIB were searching for drugs as they'd already made a couple of big busts in Bang Yai; shops being used as a front for dealing large amounts.

To miss the Rama 4 stops going into town, take a left the the 7-11 at Bkk University and a right at the t-junction of this small Soi. This will bring you out at the back of Lotus Rama 4

Coming th other way, turn right at Lotus and left immediately after it. This brings you out at the back of BKK university. If you go straight on at the lights here, Thanon Lot Fai, you can do a left into Soi 50, carry on upto soi 62 or even go as far as Imperial in Samat Prakan. Likewise coming the other way.

Rarely see police on these sois, but they do appear to be all over the place at the moment.

Yes, I know all of those back sois, but I haven't needed to use them in a while. I got used to just taking Rama IV. I guess I will go back to At Narong and drive past the slums daily to get to my destination. Or, I can deal with the back sois to bring me out behind Tesco. I work very, very close to there.

Just keep in mind that thanon rot fai is one way for certain periods of the day. In the morning you can only go towards At Narong and between 4 and 7 pm you can only go towards Sanphawut.

Which is what makes it so good to use. No traffic lights and only 2 lanes of traffic means that a bike never stops moving at the tidal times. If you know the whole route, you can get from Bang Na to Sathorn and only meet 3 sets of lights.

That, plus the lack of police is a bonus.

Just keep in mind that thanon rot fai is one way for certain periods of the day. In the morning you can only go towards At Narong and between 4 and 7 pm you can only go towards Sanphawut.

Which is what makes it so good to use. No traffic lights and only 2 lanes of traffic means that a bike never stops moving at the tidal times. If you know the whole route, you can get from Bang Na to Sathorn and only meet 3 sets of lights.

That is not possible. You cannot make it from Bang Na to Sathorn with only 3 lights. The first set will come around the port (At Narong) when you get that far. Then, you have to deal with the one just beyond the slums (The name is beyond me at the moment ... Sunlalakorn or something ... near the customs department) ... Then, you have to deal with the big one at the intersection near the Loxley Building (Rama III meets Asoke Montri). It isn't possible to get to Sathorn from the Loxley Building without encountering at least one traffic light ... Under the expressway ... Yes, you can take a serious detour along back roads, but you are still going to face the massive police presence under the expressway there.

That is not possible. You cannot make it from Bang Na to Sathorn with only 3 lights. The first set will come around the port (At Narong) when you get that far. Then, you have to deal with the one just beyond the slums (The name is beyond me at the moment ... Sunlalakorn or something ... near the customs department) ... Then, you have to deal with the big one at the intersection near the Loxley Building (Rama III meets Asoke Montri). It isn't possible to get to Sathorn from the Loxley Building without encountering at least one traffic light ... Under the expressway ... Yes, you can take a serious detour along back roads, but you are still going to face the massive police presence under the expressway there.

Sorry, but it is possible. I do it 3 times a week, minimum, and have been for the last 8 years or so.

Turn left at the loxley lights and stay to the left of the bridge to Rama 3. Go to the end of the Soi to the left and under the expressway and follow it round parallel to the railway line. At the crossroads at the railway crossing, go straight on. (Do not go right as this takes you to the police at the expressway). This will take you up to Soi Siri Bhumpen. Turn right into Bhumpen at the 7-11, go to the end, Ibis Hotel, and turn left.

From here you can take the first on the right, which is Sathorn Soi 1, or keep going straight on. This takes you through the Civil Aviation Authority where, if you turn right you are at the old immigration building and a few hundred meters from Sathorn.

Not a serious detour and usually quicker than fighting thru the clogged Rama 4 from Klong Thoi.

Try it and add time to your life away from BKK jams.

Edited by Soi Sauce

I work opposite the Loxley Building, so I don't need to go that far. However, the lights at Loxley would be the third set of traffic lights if I am not mistaken! I also do some work at Lumpini Tower at night. I drive around the area often. 3 or 4 lights is not a problem for me. It's good to let others know about these back roads. I just hope they don't end up wandering around the KT Slums in the middle of the night while trying to negotiate a new way by following these instructions! LoL! Cheers! It took me a while to find all of these back ways myself.

Sunthon Kosa perhaps??

I work opposite the Loxley Building, so I don't need to go that far. However, the lights at Loxley would be the third set of traffic lights if I am not mistaken! I also do some work at Lumpini Tower at night. I drive around the area often. 3 or 4 lights is not a problem for me. It's good to let others know about these back roads. I just hope they don't end up wandering around the KT Slums in the middle of the night while trying to negotiate a new way by following these instructions! LoL! Cheers! It took me a while to find all of these back ways myself.

So how don't you know this route and posted that it's not possible??

Not good for me, I need it in the other directions at these times.

English old fart! Haha

Yeah loserlazer im with you on this one ;)

And if I like hiphop so what?!

Anyways when u come from ratchada going to petcheburi theres a lil short cut just after the train track on the right its faster less cars many bikes go this way. The cops were hidding and came out in front of me...i have a nice pakob japaneese bike with no greenbook fake plates and i dont even have a bike driving licence.

So i always refuse to give my id just say no and it usually takes them 5 to 10min to let me go. Its a bit stressfull and i dont wanna be late for work but it works for me....im not waiting for your moral opinions thanks

Or and btw im fluent in thai i read and write too

but i never speak thai to the cops

Shame you aint anywhere near fluent in English.....man !

a moment of desperation caused by hunger and bills passed due date you say cbrer?biggrin.png

Perhaps a gentle reminder to the policy maker that they may not have the complete power they think they have, so play fair with the majority's income activities?

Yeah i have seen them super active on charan sanitwong road.

They were stopping everyone without helmets - even the bikes with pillion riders with no helmet - and they fined a rider just because he stopped at the sidewalk to buy food! Incredible!

They do not even look at me:lol:

I respect them too if they just go hard on riders with no helmet.

They seem to be at Sukhumvit 81 just across from Tesco every other day. Same 2 cops each day. I filmed them taking 100 baht off each of 3 motorbike riders. I continued filming after they noticed me but they stopped flagging bikes down so I left. I don't stop for just two cops ever. They are just doing it for money and almost never write a ticket.

Edited by floridaguy