Thaksin Announces House Dissolution, New Election

george

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good new!! Now all you anti Toxin people get out there and help educate those rural people!! You know that the election will be won or lost with the village vote....get out there and support your candidate....you do have a candidate to support don't you?

:o

Thailand have no great leader currently except Thaksin. He is the man for Thailand. It will be a stupid idea and a great lost for the Kingdom of Thailand to see this man go away. Make sure to see him win in this snap election.

I don't belong to Thailand but to me he is the best after ex-premiere Suchinda

LONG LIVE THAKSIN :D:D:D

I wonder how much you were paid to write this drivel.

Don't get me wrong. This is my democratic opinion and nothing personel :o:D:D

I am sick of the farangs whose hatred of Thaksin stems from nothing more than them having to pay a few more satang for their visas :D:D:o

Well, how about personally enriching himself / his family holdings using the money of the people? That offense is a bit graver than silly visa rules. Corruption under Thaksin is a bit different - instead of other companies benefitting from corrupt deals with the government and giving him kickoffs he owns the companies, too! How convenient.

Thaksin is bad, but as the Economist put it recently: Who is better? The other parties / politicians would all like to be Thaksin themselves, they are just as corrupt or even more, and on top of it many seem outright stupid, something that Thaksin definitely isn't.

That Thais will vote for him again has more to do with the complete lack of credible alternatives. I don't know Sondhi, I hope he wins a lot of votes with whatever party he runs with so the government doesn't own all the seats.

[/rant]

I am sick of the farangs whose hatred of Thaksin stems from nothing more than them having to pay a few more satang for their visas :D:D:o

Iam a Farang (correct name) and may I apologize for those Farangs that constantly take great delight in shooting their mouths off about somthing that they know diddly squat about.

Their verbosity outshines their viscosity,.

Fulungs do not have any right to comment about how Thailand runs it's affairs,we are guests in your country and should show respect, once again I apologize for those fulungs who know now better.

Breconman

===========================================================

Here you go again "Breconman" I'll thank you very bloody much for not speaking (far less apologizing) on behalf of all us Farangs ! ! !

You have been putting your feet in your mouth for a long while now and I believe (and I am NOT speaking for all Farangs -although- ? !) that many of us Farangs are sick and tired of your arrogant crap !

I mean; where the hel_l do you get off stating something so spectacularly stupid as "Fulungs do not have any right to . . . . ." ? ? ? ? ? ?

:D

Get a life, will you !

breconman does not answer to illfounded comments ,please restructre your posting in a polite manner, one does so hope that this is within your comprehension.

Breconman, why did you spell farang, fulung? Which transliteration system does that spelling come from?

how do you know these are farangs that we are dealing with. I have this feeling we are dealing with muslims here.

Don't get me wrong. This is my democratic opinion and nothing personel :D:D:D

And when might we have the pleasure to read your educated opinion?

I just can't understand why this forum is filled with so many negative people. The admins should step in and delete those negative comment and etc... :D:D:o

Edited by nasa

thaipro -

I think most of us "farangs" simply dont like the idea of corruption on this mans scale. Sure it happens in farangland too but they usually go to jail or at very least are exposed for what they reall;y are.

I well remember pre-Thaksin Thailand and most intelligent thinking people (of all races colour creed etc) thought that Thaksin would bring a little equality to this country. If you recall he was elected under the banner of improving the lot of the poor in Thailand. Things seemed to start well with the introduction of the hospital fees scheme etc but even that failed dismally.

It is now quite clear that his only agenda has been to improve his own (plus family and friends) personal wealth and that doesn't sit comfortably with decent thinking people.

Your racist tones and language shame your country but thank god you are not typical of the vast majority of Thai people who are, after all, why so many of those farang you seem to hate so much choose to live here.

I dislike Thaksin the same I would dislike ANY corrupt person, politician or otherwise - THATS ALL!!

Rurals will somehow vote Thaksin....

Middle class upset, but minor problem for the Prime Minister.. :o

One thing about the countryside vs. city vote, the lines aren't that clearly drawn. It's hardly elite against Thaksin and all the poor for him either.

:D

Don't get me wrong. This is my democratic opinion and nothing personel :D:D:D

And when might we have the pleasure to read your educated opinion?

I just can't understand why this forum is filled with so many negative people. The admins should step in and delete those negative comment and etc... :D:D:D

Mai Pen Pai Krup. :D

Thats the way democratic discussion and interaction works and without the moaning minnies with all their Gloom and Doom negative postings common sense would and could never prevail..so as said..

just gota ask how many here can actually VOTE in the forthcoming election on April 2nd anyway :o

K.W has just been telling me that niece No 3 is now of age and will be performing her duty for the first time and will be embracing......guess.Who.?..thats 5 votes for "im in Samut Prac.(we will be in town)....

Me.... Hey thought yer votes were supposed to be secret?...She they are but our family aint STUPID....TIT :D

A lot of you out there are forgetting to discuss the academics in BKK who oppose the current government and explain the reasons why. And... when you are a "Farang" living in this country for a long time, I believe there is a right to discuss politics. This is standard in many other countries. I understand very well about Suchinda and Thaksin and Chamlong.......... but I bet most of you guys out there on Thai Visa won't enter a conversation with me................................... it's a man's world..................................

In the end it is the Thai people that will decide the direction of their country and the head of their government. Few Farang here, if any, will have a vote or any say in the outcome of the election. As foreigners in Thailand we have to learn that our values are not always the values of our hosts. We have to respect and accept Thai values and their decisions based on them, otherwise we will be lumped together and branded as a bunch of foreign troublemakers, which would do our community no good.

A change in government may or may not be a good thing and sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

In the end it is the Thai people that will decide the direction of their country and the head of their government. Few Farang here, if any, will have a vote or any say in the outcome of the election. As foreigners in Thailand we have to learn that our values are not always the values of our hosts. We have to respect and accept Thai values and their decisions based on them, otherwise we will be lumped together and branded as a bunch of foreign troublemakers, which would do our community no good.

A change in government may or may not be a good thing and sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

well said, lukamar :o

Thailand have no great leader currently except Thaksin. He is the man for Thailand. It will be a stupid idea and a great lost for the Kingdom of Thailand to see this man go away. Make sure to see him win in this snap election.

I don't belong to Thailand but to me he is the best after ex-premiere Suchinda

LONG LIVE THAKSIN :o:D:D

You certainly don't Nasa, and thank the lord that you don't, please try to be a little better informed of the family Shinawatra. A son that cheats his way through university, a sister that accepts "informal favours" for services, and a father that is guilty of just about crime in the book.

This latest move is one so crafty that he might just creep back in, and then heaven help us.

Toxin ranks up there with Marcos for pure greed and dishonesty...

thaipro -

Your racist tones and language shame your country but thank god you are not typical of the vast majority of Thai people who are, after all, why so many of those farang you seem to hate so much choose to live here.

Thaipro is not typical of ANY Thai people. That's because he's an ex used car salesman from midwest America who now runs a bar in Pattaya.

Well, how about personally enriching himself / his family holdings using the money of the people? That offense is a bit graver than silly visa rules. Corruption under Thaksin is a bit different - instead of other companies benefitting from corrupt deals with the government and giving him kickoffs he owns the companies, too! How convenient.

Thaksin is bad, but as the Economist put it recently: Who is better? The other parties / politicians would all like to be Thaksin themselves, they are just as corrupt or even more, and on top of it many seem outright stupid, something that Thaksin definitely isn't.

That Thais will vote for him again has more to do with the complete lack of credible alternatives. I don't know Sondhi, I hope he wins a lot of votes with whatever party he runs with so the government doesn't own all the seats.

[/rant]

Well Blair is adept at enriching himself and so is his wife, publicly! Chirac is a criminal and you could hardly call the Italian PM squeeky clean. However, there is not much in the way of street protests against these people, despite all the press coverage they get as a result. The EU parliament is a 'gravy train' for corrupt politicians like Kinnock and his family who all seem to be involved, and unelected bureaucrats too.

So what's new in Thailand that's not happening in Europe, etc.?

If you have a barrel of bad apples then it's better to stick with what you have until you can find something better. Corrupton will never be eliminated from politics because there are too many vested interests, far too much temptation for the weak willed and those of dubious character will always find a way of putting their snouts in the money trough.

You certainly don't Nasa, and thank the lord that you don't, please try to be a little better informed of the family Shinawatra. A son that cheats his way through university, a sister that accepts "informal favours" for services, and a father that is guilty of just about crime in the book.

This latest move is one so crafty that he might just creep back in, and then heaven help us.

Toxin ranks up there with Marcos for pure greed and dishonesty...

Maybe you should read up on Marcos I think you would not want to swap for him!

wow anon that is some claim

I cannot dispute that Mr Berlusconi is a bit of a shady guy but I see no evidence of Mr Blair being corrupt and definitely not Mr Kinnock and his wife/family.

Sure, corruption goes on everywhere but to compare these people to the billions Mr Thaksin and his cronies are raping from their own countrymen is a bit much.

I am no fan of the people you have mentioned but the fact remains that if they DID things on Thaksins scale they would be in jail now for sure.

I also think you are missing the point about Marcos. He was evil and Thaksin is just a thief but they will both end up the same way - exciled but WITH their millions of dollars

unfotunately

one winner- toxin

one loser- thailand

he's a clever bugger

liar

cheat

criminal

corrupt

he must appeal to the women voters [ with all his good looks and charm ] :o:D

he appeals to the man vote [with his macho he man master of the universe image] :D:D

I just can't understand why this forum is filled with so many negative people.

It makes you wonder doesn't it. It's no wonder the government, no mater who they may be, have not taken the issues of foreigners too seriously. They look at us all as a bunch of chronic complainers wanting to change Thai culture and impose our values, rather than a group that can add significantly to Thailand. Until we can show a united front that is willing to work with the government for mutual change for the betterment of Thailand, rather than a disjointed group that criticizes all things Thai, we will always be conditionally welcomed as long as our money or knowledge base is needed.

If you want to own your own land, have long term visas or a myriad of other benefits, you have to get with the program and change the way you express yourself, at least in public.

Lukamar

You make good points and have a sound background to your argument. However in my opinion the "culture" issue (NOT just in Thailand) often becomes an "excuse" rather than reason. Slavery and racial segregation were part of American "culture" once but it was wrong so it was changed.

I, like you I should think, have trhe utmost respect for Thai "culture" but not when it is used as an excuse to prevent forward movement and change for the better. Granted, it takes time but the voices of ALL are relevant. As a resident here I accept my "guest" status and respect that, but that does not mean I have to kow-tow to everything I see.

It seems to me that many Thais from all walks from life want the benefits of being part of the modern world but many are also prone to hide behind the culture issue when criticised.

Early in this forum it was suggested that all the Go Go and bar owners send their girls home to talk there villages out of voteing for TX . This is really not such a bad idea! But I would suggest that after they explane ,to all their girls, the effect all this will have,and has, on their earnings, send them home to vote! With the number of girls working in Bangkok, Pattaya ,Phuket..etc we are talking hundreds of thousands ,that's a lott of voteing power! And that does not not encluding staff other than dancers! Send them home, they can only vote in their towns or village. So they won't be voting otherwise. All farang bosses w/ Thai employees should send them home to vote and hope they don't run into TX's crew buying votes!

I cannot dispute that Mr Berlusconi is a bit of a shady guy but I see no evidence of Mr Blair being corrupt and definitely not Mr Kinnock and his wife/family.

The present UK goverment reeks of corruption & lies. Honours for money, goverment contracts to contributors to the Labour Party, Mandelson having to resign TWICE and still getting a job as European Commissioner, the suicide of Dr Kelly, the bogus '45 minutes' claim. I wouldn't trust any of them to clean my drains out. :o

The present UK goverment reeks of corruption & lies. Honours for money, goverment contracts to contributors to the Labour Party, Mandelson having to resign TWICE and still getting a job as European Commissioner, the suicide of Dr Kelly, the bogus '45 minutes' claim. I wouldn't trust any of them to clean my drains out. :o

Endure - I agree. I am no lover of this government and what you say stinks. We have never seen "cronyism" on this scale before but to compare it to "corruption" in the sense of doing it for personal gain on Blairs part to the things Thaksin has (allegedly) done is, in my opinion, like comparing chalk and cheese.

However in my opinion the "culture" issue (NOT just in Thailand) often becomes an "excuse" rather than reason.

I, like you I should think, have trhe utmost respect for Thai "culture" but not when it is used as an excuse to prevent forward movement and change for the better.

I know what you are saying but in the end it's the Thai's that will determine the direction they want to take, good or bad. We as foreigners can help with the decisions they take but not by constantly complaining or criticizing every aspect of that choice. We have to be looked at as a group that is helpful and wants a positive changes that are good for Thailand, by being positive we will get positive changes for the foreign community, by being negative we will have status quo if we are lucky.

Endure - I agree. I am no lover of this government and what you say stinks. We have never seen "cronyism" on this scale before but to compare it to "corruption" in the sense of doing it for personal gain on Blairs part to the things Thaksin has (allegedly) done is, in my opinion, like comparing chalk and cheese.

Yes, I don't think that Blair did these things for personal gain (with the exception of the 'flats in Bath' episode) but he and especially his wife are screwing his position for all its worth. But as you say, minscule compared to Toxsin.