Cheap Flights On Norwegian ?

Ricardo

Skyscanner just alerted me to flights BKK-LGW-BKK from about GBP525 / B 26k, for September & October, on Norwegian Air Shuttle via Stockholm.

Looking at their website, since I hadn't really heard of them before, they are a major low-cost carrier in Europe, who are about to receive (in April) their first B787s, which will be used long-haul including to Bangkok. Clearly they will be able to transfer on to many places in Europe, using their main fleet of B737s, and at attractive prices.

One caveat, when I created a profile & tried to book, it wouldn't let me. Despite skyscanner having alerted about it ? Perhaps because the planes aren't yet delivered ? Who knows ?

Does anyone else know anything about this airline, and how reliable this pre-alert might be ? Potentially very interesting !

So I only know Norwegian in inter European traffic. Because they will just start there long haul flights. In Europe they offer an outstanding good service to very good prices. Nice planes and great crew. Also internet on board. I really looking forward to there start to Bangkok. But because of the 787 issues I am not sure if they can hold there schedule.

Norwegian plan to start their flights between Stockholm and Bangkok in june.

Thru their homepage (norwegian.se) they already sell tickets.

They have a cheap low fare, about 15 000 baht for return ticket. But that´s without checked luggage (20 kilo) and

without hot meal onboard. For this price you is allowed to take handluggage, max 10 kilo. They will sell snacks and sandwishes.

For about 20 000 baht you also can take luggage up to 20 kilo and get hot meal onboard. Also you can choose your seat in

advance.

This price I find for outbound flight in august and return in september.

Thanks, so it's the old LCC pay-to-choose-a-seat or for hold-luggage ploy, OK that's not necessarily a deal-breaker for some. thumbsup.gif

We do need a low-cost-carrier IMO, flying between Europe and Thailand, to keep the others from running-up their purchased-well-in-advance low/shoulder-season prices too much. And Air Asia didn't last too long, before abandoning routes to Europe.

And after the food on my last several flights (Jet-Airways & previously EgyptAir), it would be a bonus to be allowed to carry-on my own favourite-filling sandwiches & salad, for an in-flight meal. rolleyes.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Colleague at work has been trying to get out of Bangkok today on Norwegian to fly via Stockholm to Edinburgh. The flight was delayed 3 times, and was finally cancelled, so he's now stuck in a hotel in Bangkok until tomorrow some time instead of at his parents' home in Edinburgh. Not a great advert for the airline or the Dreamliner aircraft. Other flights have recently been cancelled from Bangkok on this airline according to passenger reports on Skytrax. Should avoid it with a barge pole for now if you are in any kind of hurry to get anywhere.

• Like 1