Birds In Los (The Ones With Feathers)

My step son gave me two laminated folding posters in thai and english of fish and one of aquatic fauna in Thailand. I'm sure they have the same for birds. Having the english name you can do your research on the internet unless you like to collect books.

Goshawk has nailed it. The two he recommended are the two comprehensive field guides. i.e. they show all the known species that have been seen in Thailand at the time of writing of the book.

The older one, Lekagul and Round dates from over 20 years ago. It was reprinted in 2005 but with no revisions or updates. However the quality of the observations to assist identification is second to none. If it is a choice I would get that one first.

"One with or in english would be good but I'm willing to give my limited Thai ago."

The Thai version might only include edible species.

Anyway, the Craig Robson book is very good. I got it from Amazon, if you can't find it anywhere else.

Does it explain how to get rid of pigeons?

• Like 1

"One with or in english would be good but I'm willing to give my limited Thai ago."

The Thai version might only include edible species.

Anyway, the Craig Robson book is very good. I got it from Amazon, if you can't find it anywhere else.

Does it explain how to get rid of pigeons?

And Crows?

It's the bird SONGS that I would like to identify. When I go hiking up Doi Sutthep in the forest there are many birds warbling, chirping and singing. But, in the heavy canopy of trees I hardly ever see more than just a fleeting glimpse.

Whilst it is difficult to describe a bird call in a book, the Lekagul and Round book makes an excellent go of it.

You can hear bird calls of this region at the website xeno-canto.org

It is a process learning bird calls. You cannot just learn the calls in isolation. You need to observe what you can, I understand it is very difficult in forest. You need to know what the habitat is and what birds are present, a field guide will tell you that. Try to note down what you hear. Slowly you build up a jigsaw. In any forest in Thailand, the constant bird sound background is often provided by the barbets and the drongos.