Shoplifting Russian Couple Nabbed At Tukcom

webfact

They got off easy.

At the Thailand's world class airport, suspected shoplifters (or framed customers) are taken to a bloody jail cell, threatened with 6 months detention until a court hearing, then later held at a cheapo short time, passports confiscated, introduced to a fake lawyer, have their ATM account drained of $8,000USD, then let go without any paperwork.

That's just a little suspicious. Who the hell would steal a 300 baht Iphone cover?!

My feelings exactly, after reading about half the responses - I asked myself, "Why am I reading this quibble " Its simple, they didn't like the price of the iPad, so they tried to teach the shop owner a lesson by stealing the iPhone cover - or - the owner didn't like the way they treated him/her so called the police after the other shop person hung up the iPhone cover and "discovered it missing" simple - of course the 3000 baht fine was shared by both the police and the shop owner to "smooth" things over and not press charges.......the tourists(?) guilty or not went on their merry way........life is simple in LOS.

Oh, before I forget, This very same scam was tried on me at Savarnibum Airport in May last year - I was stopped by a shop clerk for "Stealing a Perfume" I asked her to show me the perfume and where had stolen it from, she brought it out from my basket - the "Airport Police" were called and asked me in good english when my flight was - two hrs away, they told me if I wanted to make my flight it would cost 25,000 baht or I would go to the jail. Sloppy policeman was wearing a AC/DC T-Shirt under his uniform and had hair to his collar, I showed him my Diplomatic Passport and then they were 'oh so apologitic' - I called the Airport police myself on my cell they came heard my story, and walked off with the two in cuffs........on my return trip, I stopped in the shop but neither one was working there so I suppose they were nicked off to jail, hopefully.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

So, the Airport Police and King Power Duty Free staff are still colluding to frame tourists in their world famous Thai Airport Duty Free Shoplifting Scam.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=thailand+duty+free+shoplifting+scam&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Sounds dodgy to me. They dont look like they are desperate enough to steal a 300thb phone cover.

I would say there was confusion, the Thai (with his almost 0 social skills) knew only to resolve the situation by calling the police. Then, including the police they all shared the 3000 thb corruption fine.

Welcome to Pattaya !

I would have to bow to your knowing Mr. Unreaun better than me to jump to the conclusion that he has almost no social skills as you state above.

And you're right, why would you believe the media when they say she was a woman...................rolleyes.gif

"At the scene, officers found Ms. Unreaun Phakadaeng, the shop owner"

Pattaya needs more people like you to relate how it really is and take up the defence of the customers who walk away with goods from the stalls (that they apparently hadn't paid for).

As a matter of interest, how would you have responded (without physical violence) if you were the shop owner and in a situation like that?

Sounds dodgy to me. They dont look like they are desperate enough to steal a 300thb phone cover.

I would say there was confusion, the Thai (with his almost 0 social skills) knew only to resolve the situation by calling the police. Then, including the police they all shared the 3000 thb corruption fine.

Welcome to Pattaya !

I would have to bow to your knowing Mr. Unreaun better than me to jump to the conclusion that he has almost no social skills as you state above.

And you're right, why would you believe the media when they say she was a woman...................rolleyes.gif

Pattaya needs more people like you to relate how it really is and take up the defence of the customers who walk away with goods from the stalls (that they apparently hadn't paid for).

As a matter of interest, how would you have responded (without physical violence) if you were the shop owner and in a situation like that?

Again you are assuming the story has been reported correctly. My view is it may not of been reported correctly. Really shocked how this simple suggestion doesn't seem to be sinking in with some people here. The theory that I suggested is irrelevant. My point is I don't believe the story and I have had first hand experience of how the media here are paid off to report differently.

The 0 social skills comment has really hit a nerve on this forum hasn't it !!!

If a customer had actually stolen an item then yes I would of called the police.

Welcome to Pattaya !

Again you are assuming the story has been reported correctly. My view is it may not of been reported correctly. Really shocked how this simple suggestion doesn't seem to be sinking in with some people here. The theory that I suggested is irrelevant. My point is I don't believe the story and I have had first hand experience of how the media here are paid off to report differently.

The 0 social skills comment has really hit a nerve on this forum hasn't it !!!

If a customer had actually stolen an item then yes I would of called the police.

So how would you define " stolen " in this situation ?

Same way as everyone else mate :

http://www.thefreedi...nary.com/stolen

Just because ive got an opinion on whether the story is correct doesnt mean I speak different English to you.

I know what you are trying to do or imply but bad attempt, nice try though !

surely if you want to make assertions that the story was incorrect you should at least be prepared to back up your beliefs?

stolen past participle of steal (Verb)

Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it: "thieves stole her bicycle".

Edited by Asiantravel

Just because ive got an opinion on whether the story is correct doesnt mean I speak different English to you.

surely if you want to make assertions that the story was incorrect you should at least be prepared to back up your beliefs?

Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it: "thieves stole her bicycle".

Well if you had read my previous posts then you will see that I did by explaining an incident where I saw my friend being knocked down by a big 4x4 driven by a German and then the next day it was reported as a Thai women driving.

Besides if you don't know already know that the media here in Pattaya is paid off then you have either not been here long or very gullible.

Edited by rinteln

Well if you had read my previous posts then you will see that I did by explaining an incident where I saw my friend being knocked down by a big 4x4 driven by a German and then the next day it was reported as a Thai women driving.

Besides if you don't know already know that the media here in Pattaya is paid off then you have either not been here long or very gullible.

oh come on ? now you are trying to argue the supposed innocence of this couple measured against an entirely different incident? Your posts are beginning to sound like those comical insurance claims statements

giggle.gif

Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.”

• 6 months later...