Abhisit Vejjajiva

mittheimp

He needs to change the name of his party. Anyone that boycotts an election cannot call themselves "Democrat" and expect to be taken seriously.

Howabout the Aristocrats? I was thinking the Oligarchy (rule by the elite) beforehand, but it didn't sound as catchy.

If the Democrats renamed their party the Aristocrats, he could name himself Abhisitocrat.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't put your words in Abhisit's mouth - he hasn't said a word about assuming PMship if Taksin resigns. There will be a period for constitutional reform with a caretaker PM, and then new elections and then, if Democrats manage to win enough votes and form a coalition government, only then it will be his turn to claim the throne. That's approximately a year from now if everything goes well.

Don't try a strawman argument - invent something, attribute it to your opponents, and then defeat the notion and claim victory. Poor gamesmanship.

Give the guy a break everyone. Discuss his merits as a politician, not his personal life, which he chooses to keep private, which is his right.

Also, remember rule number one of the forum rules:

By using this service you agree;

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

But I can say he has a nice set of molars and some good bridge work!

TBWG :o

A good business friend of mine mentioned to me in an email that he's concerned about the economy in the event of Thaksin's downfall. I asked him what he thougth about Abhisit. For what's it's worth here's his reply.

Oh !!! You know very good about Thai government. I think that Thaksin is best prime minister in this time although he has the problem. He has good thing and no good thing.

Abhisit Vejjajiva is good people but member of his party are South people of Thailand. He does not business guy so if he is prime minister, business people are not favor him. He is slow make decision and less experience with international country. He has less than knowledge business if compare with Thaksin.

My idea is Thaksin should be hold himself for this election. And new government should correct constitution when finish. It should have new election again. And this time Thaksin can apply the election.

All partys have cheat and under table but That Rak Thai get money more than another party and never enough especially Thaksin. 5555

The constitution need to correct because you can not elect if you do not move to another party 30 days up.

Don't put your words in Abhisit's mouth - he hasn't said a word about assuming PMship if Taksin resigns. There will be a period for constitutional reform with a caretaker PM, and then new elections and then, if Democrats manage to win enough votes and form a coalition government, only then it will be his turn to claim the throne. That's approximately a year from now if everything goes well.

Don't try a strawman argument - invent something, attribute it to your opponents, and then defeat the notion and claim victory. Poor gamesmanship.

Well said. :o

• 2 years later...
AV We have made it clear that we won't go down the populist route, we don't think it's the answer for the country......REVIEW: So you're betting to some extent that these policies are wasteful.....AV well they're definitely wasteful.

3 years later..... a change of tune. from todays nation article.

Aims to woo grass-roots support by pushing projects to improve living standards of villagers

The Abhisit government will try to win grassroots support by injecting state funds into rural villages and populist schemes.