Koi Pond Supplier

ichingguy

There are a few koi guys in Chiang Rai. There is a shop just outside the doors of Big C. But as far as carrying decent equipment, I haven't seen any well stocked shops in Chiang Rai. That doesn't mean that these guys don't know where to get what you need though. But who knows if you will get your answers from them.

Chiang Mai has some excellent shops, particularly in the large market area behind the super highway lotus. There is one large but fairly expensive shop there, and a few smaller ones that also have a lot of stuff.

• Like 1

There are a few koi guys in Chiang Rai. There is a shop just outside the doors of Big C. But as far as carrying decent equipment, I haven't seen any well stocked shops in Chiang Rai. That doesn't mean that these guys don't know where to get what you need though. But who knows if you will get your answers from them.

Chiang Mai has some excellent shops, particularly in the large market area behind the super highway lotus. There is one large but fairly expensive shop there, and a few smaller ones that also have a lot of stuff.

Thanks for coming to the rescue with a knowledgable reply.smile.png

this quote is from the Tao Teh Ching wherein Lao Tze is advising people who think they know or talk about the truth of life; his message to me is that thinking is limited and to know the truth one must embrace the "subtle essence" of life

Believe it or not, I do understand the quote. Unfortunately the “subtle essence” of my humor, does not always register with everyone.wai2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

thanks for all the support; went to CM; spent several hours looking for and looking at what was available; in 2 words, not much.

so i will go the import route since i have built several ponds in the US using Aquascape equipment which makes the assembly, upkeep relatively painless.

any idea how best to deal with customs: the system includes a skimmer and a waterfall prefab molded plastic; both of which are about a yard square.

James

• 11 months later...

Hello all, reviving an old thread here and hoping there have been some new local retailers/suppliers of pond supplies.

I am looking for a 20k litres/hour pond filter pump. My old one gave up while I was back in Canada.....came back to a swamp, or slew. Which ever is is worse.

Surprisingly, the fish have all survived and are HUGE!!!!

Back to the pump thing.

I've done the web search thing for C. Rai, C. Mai, BKK and Thailand.

Results are very elusive and mostly foreign suppliers. (Did find a very cool pond vacuum then realized it was an Australian web site...and also NOT what I was looking for!)

The local Koi guy that cleans the pond (I'm pretty lazy) and sold us our fish can get a Thai made "Champ" brand pump for 15k Bht.

The web site won't open for me so I'm taking that as a sign to stay away. lol

His other offerings are made in China. I'd prefer not.

Anyone have a business name or number for the Chiang Mai suppliers?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Obscure quotations from philosophers/poets/rock stars or television personalities are always welcome for the entertainment value.

Cheers from my Green Lagoon,

Aft

• 2 weeks later...

The market behind the Lotus on the Superhighway in CM has a tremendous amount of pond and aquarium supply options. I think the market is talat lumyi (I might have that name wrong). I know that is CM and not CR, but it really is the place to go. Some high end koi shops there. I can never remember their names though. perhaps ask in the CM forum, those guys have nothing to do over there. laugh.png Most fish do prefer green water by the way. But then you can't see em.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i could not find what i needed in thailand so i brought from USA a large skimmer and waterfall, all quality made by Aquascape in usa; customs people in CR could not figure out what was in the large boxes and of course i could not explain so they ultimately waived me through

• Like 2