Where To Buy A Diamond In Bangkok?

nephilim

Hi all,

We are looking to buy a diamond to have set in a ring and it's proving harder than we imagined. Some places say they'll have them in, then never get them and so on. We arn't looking for a ring, just the diamond, to our specifications.

Does anyone have any recommendations and experience of / for shops and dealers around Bangkok?

Thanks

neph.

I hear there is a little middle-eastern Fella selling quite a lot of diamonds on the cheap.

He says" they are similar to ones you might find in the big shops in the new shopping centre, only much much cheaper"

The only problem is meeting him in the dark alley with cash.

I have bought some beautiful high quality rings at 2 shops at River City Shopping Center near the Royal Orchid Shereton. They are located in the walk way between the hotel and the mall(directly across from each other) Been in business for a long time. Both rings were appraised for twice what I paid when I returned to the US.

Tim

I have bought some beautiful high quality rings at 2 shops at River City Shopping Center near the Royal Orchid Shereton. They are located in the walk way between the hotel and the mall(directly across from each other) Been in business for a long time. Both rings were appraised for twice what I paid when I returned to the US.

Tim

We got my wife's engagement diamond at Gemopolis at the jewelry factory way out in Bang-Pa-In, but they have a showroom somewhere in Silom area. Nice GIS certified and they can get what you want within the week. If you get it out at Bang Pa-In, let me and them know so I can get credit for my referral. Sorry I don't have direction but I think they have a website, I can look it up if u need it.

Chok Dii.

ragtime3

My mum bought a diamond ring and diamond ear-rings at MBK last year - they were valued back in Australia at double+ what she paid for them.

I don't know if she was just lucky...she drove a hard a bargain, paid about half what they originally asked, walked away and returned a day later.

She was happy.

The traditional place to buy diamonds has been in the Chinatown area of Bangkok on Banmoh Road (which is also the electronics parts area). It is one block west of the Old Siam Shopping Plaza and has a number of shops that have been in business for decades. They can sell diamonds and can also set them in any design you want. We have always used Chin Teck Long but there are a half dozen or more in a short area.

Diamonds, gold silver etc. are almost the same price al over the world.

The difference is design, brand, workmanship and quality of that workmanship.

In western countries this is a large percentage of the final price.

When a piece is appraised, don't ask the selling price but what he is willing to pay for it.

I promise you it will be lower than or about the same you paid for it.

If he offers more, you found a juweler who doesn't know where to buy his stuff and than you have yourself a business. :o