Calories In Thai Beer

BuffaloRescue

If you can handle white wine, you get almost zero carbs in a decent one. Most lagers, regardless of brand will give you around one gram of carbs per ounce of beer, 2/3-3/4 of that in a light beer.

Looks to me like white wine has almost a gram of carbs per ounce as well.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/food/white-wine/carbohydrate

Thanks Carib102. I don't drink that much milk although I love it, I am not overweight 6ft tall and 76 K. I use milk for making scrambled egg and every morning for porridge oats.I do want to avoid getting overweight like most of my Farang friends, I am 100% teetotal, but love my food. What kind of milk do you recommend I should take?

Thanks Carib102. I don't drink that much milk although I love it, I am not overweight 6ft tall and 76 K. I use milk for making scrambled egg and every morning for porridge oats.I do want to avoid getting overweight like most of my Farang friends, I am 100% teetotal, but love my food. What kind of milk do you recommend I should take?

If you aren't lactose intolerant I think skim milk is fine. In fact, if you're lean and moderately active you could get away with whole milk, which has a better nutritional profile. At 76kg and 6ft you certainly sound lean enough not to worry about adding milk to eggs and porridge or even drinking a few glasses here and there.

Alternatives are soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, there's others but I think those are the most readily available in Thailand.

If you aren't lactose intolerant I think skim milk is fine. In fact, if you're lean and moderately active you could get away with whole milk, which has a better nutritional profile. At 76kg and 6ft you certainly sound lean enough not to worry about adding milk to eggs and porridge or even drinking a few glasses here and there.

Alternatives are soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, there's others but I think those are the most readily available in Thailand.

Thanks, you have been a great help to me as has Robblok.

You cant loose weight without either cutting your intake of calories (beer whatever) or increasing your burn of calories (exercise).

Not so. You can lose weight by cutting your intake of carbs and not worrying much about the calories. In fact you can up your calories by eating more fat instead of carbs and still lose weight. Nor need you exercise to lose weight.

It's very hard for these points to sink in, I know. We so want to cling to the ol' "calories in/calories out." Yet I've personally seen it done besides reading of thousands of cases. The science is behind it.

Google around for low-carb diets such as Atkins. Read Gary Taubes.

People think there are magic shortcuts, there are not it takes a few sacrifices and time.

A few, yes. Sugar and starches, notably. And beer. But you can still have alcohol in moderation.

If it took a long time to put it on it will take a long time to get rid of it.

Huh? Just depends on how much it is. smile.png

Edited by JSixpack

It's chemically impossible to metabolize alcohol into sugar. That would be about as likely as turning smoke into wood.

I guess I should have said "energy" rather than "sugar"....at least that is my understanding but I'm no scientist so am happy to be proven wrong wai.gif

You cant loose weight without either cutting your intake of calories (beer whatever) or increasing your burn of calories (exercise).

Not so. You can lose weight by cutting your intake of carbs and not worrying much about the calories. In fact you can up your calories by eating more fat instead of carbs and still lose weight. Nor need you exercise to lose weight.

It's very hard for these points to sink in, I know. We so want to cling to the ol' "calories in/calories out." Yet I've personally seen it done besides reading of thousands of cases. The science is behind it.

Google around for low-carb diets such as Atkins. Read Gary Taubes.

People think there are magic shortcuts, there are not it takes a few sacrifices and time.

A few, yes. Sugar and starches, notably. And beer. But you can still have alcohol in moderation.

If it took a long time to put it on it will take a long time to get rid of it.

Huh? Just depends on how much it is. smile.png

Personally i know its calories in vs calories out. You keep acting like you can eat all you want without eating carbs. Its simply not true its quack science. I do believe that lowering carbs will help a bit and MIGHT let you eat more calories in total but not enormous amounts.

I have seen atkins disproved in BBC documentaries, basically your saturated faster because of the high protein high fat diet and automatic eat less calories. It is not that you can eat more calories. I dare you to gulp 100 ml of flax seed oil a day for a couple of weeks and then report back on your weight. (just fat isnt it could not do any harm)

I do agree though about the sugar and carbs but not to the extent you seem to think it works. Its simply untrue what you seem to think, you might be able to eat a few more calories (think 100-200) not 500 or more

And yes i was talking about if it took a long time to put on (a lot) its not going to be gone overnight i should have been more clear on that one. But said that to an other poster already but you must have skipped that part.

Personally i know its calories in vs calories out. You keep acting like you can eat all you want without eating carbs. Its simply not true its quack science. I do believe that lowering carbs will help a bit and MIGHT let you eat more calories in total but not enormous amounts.

Excellent, robblok! You have your knowledge and "belief" (we hear a lot of "beliefs" around here, inarguable, really) based on

I have seen atkins disproved in BBC documentaries,

The Oracle has spoken, indeed, and that's all there is to it, my man! And you checked it all out, looked at the sources. My diabetic friend really didn't lose that 26 pounds, and lower his insulin dosage, on a low-carb diet while pigging out on eggs, meat, fat, oil, veggies. Scales, tape measure, and blood tests must be all wrong! Thailand!

BTW, is that the same BBC mentioned in

BBC In New Scandal On Climate Reporting

Commentary
who broke the news:

* This is incredible. In Jan 2006 the BBC held a meeting of “the best scientific experts” to decide BBC policy on climate change reporting

* The BBC has been in court blocking FOI attempts to get the list of the 28 attendees, but it’s just been discovered on the wayback machine

* It turns out that only 3 were current scientists (all alarmists). The rest were activists or journalists

* The BBC sent four low level representatives: Peter Rippon, Steve Mitchell, Helen Boaden, George Enwistle. All have since risen to power.

* Amazingly, those are also the exact four who have thus far resigned this week over the false paedophilia accusations against Lord McAlpine.

Zealots only lies when they opens their mouths.

--http://www.topstocks.com.au/stock_discussion_forum.php?action=show_thread&threadid=851785

I'd only believe the BBC!

basically your saturated faster because of the high protein high fat diet and automatic eat less calories. It is not that you can eat more calories. I dare you to gulp 100 ml of flax seed oil a day for a couple of weeks and then report back on your weight. (just fat isnt it could not do any harm)

Yep, 1774 calories from flax seed oil aren't the same as 1774 calories from white bread. Given the choice of eating only one or the other, an overweight person would report a weight loss from the former and a weight gain from the latter.

The BBC probably didn't explain to you that not all calories are created equal--a very difficult, perhaps impossible, point for you to grasp (as well as for the BBC). Gary Taubes (to cite one of many) explains it exhaustively in his 640-page tome Good Calories, Bad Calories. http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1400033462.

While nobody claims that a diet exclusively of your suggested flaxseed oil would be very healthy, yet the Inuits (you're not familiar with the Inuit Paradox, obviously) did pretty well on 80% fat eating all they wanted, certainly a lot better than most people would do (and are doing) by following the "food groups" and "food pyramids" recommended by various governments. For example, the NHS (to cite a source near to The Oracle) gives this antiquated nonsense:

Starchy foods such as bread, cereals, potatoes, pasta, maize and cornbread are an important part of a healthy diet. They are a good source of energy and the main source of a range of nutrients in our diet. Starchy foods are fuel for your body.

--http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/Healthyeating.aspx

I love this forum!

Edited by JSixpack

You never seem to go into details and huff and puff a bit its not fun.

Also i don't see how 100 ml of flaxseed equals 1774 calories as i though 1 gram of fat equals 9 calories and because i like to keep it simple 100ml is 100 grams.

But now be honest do you really think that adding 900 calories from fat a day will not change your weight long term or not.

I do agree partly that not all calories are created equal especially if you have insulin problems. But i just don't go for the gimmick you can eat what you want and not gain weight.

So now im asking you a serious question do you really think there are calories that dont count.. or do you count them at 70% or what. Be a bit more clear.

Also i don't see how 100 ml of flaxseed equals 1774 calories as i though 1 gram of fat equals 9 calories and because i like to keep it simple 100ml is 100 grams.

But now be honest do you really think that adding 900 calories from fat a day will not change your weight long term or not.

I do agree partly that not all calories are created equal especially if you have insulin problems. But i just don't go for the gimmick you can eat what you want and not gain weight.

So now im asking you a serious question do you really think there are calories that dont count.. or do you count them at 70% or what. Be a bit more clear.

I go into A LOT more details than you do. I gave you 3 links, one to a 640-page book that goes into the most excruciating detail you can imagine. Why don't you just read some detailed sources by experts on the subject of low-carb so that you know what you're talking about? I have already.

Now, the insulin principle holds true for normal metabolisms as well. How do you think people start getting insulin problems anyway?

Yes, on low carb you can eat as much you like within the restrictions of the diet. At the Lifestyle Medical Clinic at Duke Univeristy, Dr. Westman says this:

You do not have to avoid the fat that comes with the above foods.

You do not have to limit quantities deliberately, but you should stop

eating when you feel full.

That's the classic LC advice. And it's within reason and it's the easiest diet to maintain.

So of course I believe it and I'm sorry you just can't and are worrying hard about calories and exercise and advise others to share the pain. But Dr. Westman is an MD running a highly successful, respectable (university affiliated) weight loss clinic and you aren't. And he's following some well-researched and surprisingly old principles that--believe it or not--used to be fairly standard.

Absurd, extreme examples don't prove your case. Yes, Auschwitz inmates lost weight by following calorie restriction.

So I stand by my original reply I made to your post.

I go into A LOT more details than you do. I gave you 3 links, one to a 640-page book that goes into the most excruciating detail you can imagine. Why don't you just read some detailed sources by experts on the subject of low-carb so that you know what you're talking about? I have already.

Now, the insulin principle holds true for normal metabolisms as well. How do you think people start getting insulin problems anyway?

Yes, on low carb you can eat as much you like within the restrictions of the diet. At the Lifestyle Medical Clinic at Duke Univeristy, Dr. Westman says this:

You do not have to avoid the fat that comes with the above foods.

You do not have to limit quantities deliberately, but you should stop

eating when you feel full.

That's the classic LC advice. And it's within reason and it's the easiest diet to maintain.

So of course I believe it and I'm sorry you just can't and are worrying hard about calories and exercise and advise others to share the pain. But Dr. Westman is an MD running a highly successful, respectable (university affiliated) weight loss clinic and you aren't. And he's following some well-researched and surprisingly old principles that--believe it or not--used to be fairly standard.

Absurd, extreme examples don't prove your case. Yes, Auschwitz inmates lost weight by following calorie restriction.

So I stand by my original reply I made to your post.

Ah your one of those guys can't back it up so you pst a 640 page book. I ask specific questions and you still don't give me an answer. Anyway its as i expected.

• 8 years later...
On 1/24/2013 at 7:01 PM, cdnvic said:

If you can handle white wine, you get almost zero carbs in a decent one. Most lagers, regardless of brand will give you around one gram of carbs per ounce of beer, 2/3-3/4 of that in a light beer.

colories not carbs - even low carb white wine will have at least 120 cals/ glass which is more than San Mig Light