Sport Bike At Yamaha Dealer On Heuy Kheow Rd

moe666

I can confirm it is a big sports bike as I saw it there yesterday. It's probably a Fazer 600 which looks almost identical to a FAZER 1000. I could wander down there from my hotel later and ask. It would give me an opportunity to drool all over the black T-Max in the carpark window.

I can confirm it is a big sports bike as I saw it there yesterday. It's probably a Fazer 600 which looks almost identical to a FAZER 1000. I could wander down there from my hotel later and ask. It would give me an opportunity to drool all over the black T-Max in the carpark window.

Make your mind up, is it a big sports bike, or a Fazer600? which is neither big, nor a sports bike.

Make your mind up, is it a big sports bike, or a Fazer600? which is neither big, nor a sports bike.

Each to his own. To me it would be a waste of money but to Moe666 it maybe the best thing since toasted raisin bread with lashings of butter and honey! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Fazer 600/1000 are sport bikes, just sport touring bikes. Also called naked sport, road sport, or sometimes streetfighters like the FZ8. These terms are slightly regional. The 2013 FZ8 (second pic) appear even more aggressive. I like the look.

Moto-Yamaha-600-Fazer-2013-1.jpg

13_FZ8_Black_B1_RGB_ready.jpg

Yamaha USA actually has them under "super sport" on thier website. That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

yammi.jpg

http://www.yamaha-mo...cycle_home.aspx

Edited by NomadJoe

Each to his own. To me it would be a waste of money but to Moe666 it maybe the best thing since toasted raisin bread with lashings of butter and honey! biggrin.png

Ease up BSJ. Big is relative. Thai's, for example, consider a CBR150 a "big bike". And I will go on record saying that FZ8 above is pure sex. I prefer faired bikes, but I would love that if it were normally priced like the similar Kawasaki's are here. Better than toasted raisin bread with lashings of butter , but not honey.

Fazer 600/1000 are sport bikes, just sport touring bikes. Also called naked sport, road sport, or sometimes streetfighters like the FZ8. These terms are slightly regional. The 2013 FZ8 (second pic) appear even more aggressive. I like the look.

Moto-Yamaha-600-Fazer-2013-1.jpg

13_FZ8_Black_B1_RGB_ready.jpg

Yamaha USA actually has them under "super sport" on thier website. That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

yammi.jpg

http://www.yamaha-mo...cycle_home.aspx

Yamaha can call them whatever they like, don't make it so. Fazers are not sports bikes!

Ease up BSJ. Big is relative. Thai's, for example, consider a CBR150 a "big bike". And I will go on record saying that FZ8 above is pure sex. I prefer faired bikes, but I would love that if it were normally priced like the similar Kawasaki's are here. Better than toasted raisin bread with lashings of butter , but not honey.

Thai's also consider cockroach, dog, and snake blood to be a delicacy, don't agree with that either.   Got to admit though, that is one tasty bike.

Edited by fasteddie

Yamaha can call them whatever they like, don't make it so. Fazers are not sports bikes!

On the contrary. The people who make them get excursive rights to name them. They are what they are. We should all be able to agree that the FZ-6/FZ-1 are semi-naked sport tourers and the new FZ-8 a naked road sport bike or streetfighter.

fazer.jpg

I used to tease my cousin back home about his CB1000 calling it a chopper. Compared to my R6 that is what I thought of it. He would always say "It's a naked sport bike!"

On the contrary. The people who make them get excursive rights to name them. They are what they are. We should all be able to agree that the FZ-6/FZ-1 are semi-naked sport tourers and the new FZ-8 a naked road sport bike or streetfighter.

fazer.jpg

I used to tease my cousin back home about his CB1000 calling it a chopper. Compared to my R6 that is what I thought of it. He would always say "It's a naked sport bike!"

I'm glad we agree, they are not "sports bikes".

The Yamaha shop (Whichara???) on Sukhumvit Rd Pattaya near the corner of Thepprasit Rd, last time I was there, had a new but older (probably 2010 or 11) Hayabusa on the floor for 8xx.xxx plus baht. To me that would be a far more versatile performance bike than an R1.

What I can't figure is why a Yamaha bike and marine dealer has Suzuki's on the floor....as there was a GSX and the B-King as well!

last time I was there, had a new but older (probably 2010 or 11) Hayabusa on the floor for 8xx.xxx plus baht. To me that would be a far more versatile performance bike than an R1.

There's is nothing versatile about a Hayabusa,I would prefer the r1 even though the tight riding position is not my style

last time I was there, had a new but older (probably 2010 or 11) Hayabusa on the floor for 8xx.xxx plus baht. To me that would be a far more versatile performance bike than an R1.

There's is nothing versatile about a Hayabusa,I would prefer the r1 even though the tight riding position is not my style

We all see things from a different perspective. Ain't life grand!

I've been riding an Fz1 since 2002. It's a super sport bike with comfort. Basically a r1 with a slightly de-tuned motor for better slow speed control. I fixed that. If you don't believe me, ask all the gsxr and cbrr riders I've dusted. Of course the rider helps but still. It was the 6th fastest production bike in the world the year my 02 was manufactured. Beware the fazers!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I've been riding an Fz1 since 2002. It's a super sport bike with comfort. Basically a r1 with a slightly de-tuned motor for better slow speed control. I fixed that. If you don't believe me, ask all the gsxr and cbrr riders I've dusted. Of course the rider helps but still. It was the 6th fastest production bike in the world the year my 02 was manufactured. Beware the fazers!

the royal thai police have a brand new fz1 in white colour

i was shocked when i seen it today in silom rd

gorgeous bike ,even with the police graffiti plastered all over it it looked great

definately consider an fz1 if i needed another bike but i have more bikes than i

have time to use them at the moment :(

gorgeous bike ,even with the police graffiti plastered all over it it looked great

definately consider an fz1 if i needed another bike but i have more bikes than i

have time to use them at the moment :(

Wow! Really? That's an awfully big bike for a lil Thai cop to handle. How do his feet hit the ground? Must have modified the suspension dogbones or he's wearing high heels. You sure it's an FZ1? It's kind of a "tall bike".

I am 1000% sure it was a fz1 because it was parked in a no parking zone and I was talking so I took a good walk around it and even with a siren and police emblems it was still a mean looking bike

No idea what rank of cop was riding it or why but it was a real police vehicle for sure and had the crimson 5 digit number plate with the police insignia beside it

If it's there again I'll take a pic for everyone and upload it here :-)

have time to use them at the moment sad.png

Wow! Really? That's an awfully big bike for a lil Thai cop to handle. How do his feet hit the ground? Must have modified the suspension dogbones or he's wearing high heels. You sure it's an FZ1? It's kind of a "tall bike".

Not every Thai cop is a midget.

I would guess if he paid for it he can ride it. They also have 3 T-max scooters at the Yamaha shop as well as the yamaha r1, stopped by on my way to Nat Honda. For those who maybe interested Nat has 2 of those new 125 run abouts the MX.

have time to use them at the moment sad.png

Not every Thai cop is a midget.

I suppose not in the literal sense but then again...,,lol!