Cool Weather In Thailand To Stick Around Until End Of February

webfact

Huge, unseasonal gulley washer type downpours yesterday afternoon between Chonburi and Pattaya causing big tailbacks on Highway 7 as flooded feeders forced all traffic back onto the highway. Highway 36 turnoff to Rayong at the highway 7 spur was also gridlocked due to deep water further down the hill.There was standing water (and traffic!) on the usual low spots on Sukhumvit. Running about a foot deep in lower parts of Naklua. I was watching the municipal workers emptying the kerbside garbage pails into the back of the dump truck then the empty pails floating away across the street causing an additional obstacle to the stalled car or flooded motorcycle being pushed through the flood. Looked like something from last September!

Drought anyone?

Bone dry in Isaan. overcast, 10 spots of rain this morning. Fingers crossed we get some next week.

the "fog" over Bangkok is a natural fog ? Wow, that's new to me ! I always thought, the millions of cars, stall fires, industry furnaces and millions of hot aircons prevented that any wet "fog" builds up in the sky over the city, but maybe i am wrong please correct me in case it is spelled SMOG . . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Had been nice and cool outside Korat until past few days, got much warmer, but up until then, bedroom windows open, fan, great sleeping weather.

I saw a chicken laying on our lawn yesterday afternoon (it was a pretty warm day), was on its side and had one of his legs stretched out. Wife's mom said it means cool weather coming, and today..... nice and cool again, nice breeze going.

I knew similar chicken behavior in the summer means rain coming, which I've seen come to fruition as well.

Anyone reckon these chickens can sense pressure changes? Great barometers, but it would be nice if they would stop crapping on my kitchen patio tile. 1zgarz5.gif

Could you take a photo next time, please? I've never seen a chicken laying while on its side.

Not that I believe you were genuine, but did catch this gai lounging again, zoom in. Head was down on its side, body sideways.

When I opened the sliding door to go out though, dogs got up and chicken raised up its head before I got the photo.

This info must be taken with a grain of salt as we all know how accurate the Thai weather forecast is and how advanced their meteorology technology is biggrin.png

Should start up an Issan weather channel.

Presenter comes on TV to announce chickens laid on the grass and his M-I-L predicts cool weather..... or rain. End of programme.

Take an umbrella. tongue.png