Samsung Profits Up 76% As Mobile Earnings Double

webfact

Samsung profits up 76% as mobile earnings double

Last year was a good year for Samsung, after winning the battle of the smartphones

Samsung Electronics said its profits surged 76% in the last three months of 2012, on the strength of its booming smartphone business.

Net income rose to a record 7.04tn won ($6.6bn; £4.2bn), up from 4.01tn won in the same period a year earlier, beating analysts' expectations.

The Korean firm said its mobile profits more than doubled over the same period.

Last year, Samsung became the world's biggest smartphone maker, overtaking Apple, its main rival in the sector.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-21191431

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2013-01-25

I too have succumbed to the incredible world of Android (S Note-2) and I am more than impressed by this 'machine' !

However; seeing the HUGE profits Samsung is generating, they would be very well advised to re-invest a tiny portion into their "SERVICE CENTERS" ! ! ! !

My few experiences with these service centers have been more that below par and when I think about it, it makes me very angry.

C'mon SAMSUNG - match the quality of your Service-Centers to the quality of your Devices ! ! ! !

sick.gif

I have both a iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Considering cost & usefulness the Samsung is way ahead in my opinion. Also Samsung make smart phones in different price ranges rather than 1 model so its not surprising they beat Apple.