Where Do You Plan To Be Finally Be Rested When The Time Comes?

POAK

On my many trip's back and forth and living in both Thailand and Australia, it got me to thinking where would I like to be when my time comes, here in Thailand or back home in Australia?

Of course, I would like to have my final resting place in my country of birth, next to family and friends and familiar surroundings.

I don’t think I am a very religious person, I think I am like the next person, I sometimes go to church e.g. wedding, funerals and christenings.

I frequent the temple with the little lady often, but wouldn’t say that I am drawn to the Thai Buddhist way.

Is there a heaven or Hell, guess I will find out when my times comes, just got me to thinking where would I like my final resting place to be…

Edited by POAK
  • Like 1

In the country where I have spent most of my life! Fingers crossed that will be Thailand which will give me another 30 odd years and I'll have survived to the ripe old age of 90!!

burn me and throw my ashes into a lake or the sea, depending on where I will die... and have two big parties, one in Thailand and one in Switzerland with whatever money my families deem ok to spend.. this way I will soon be where I always wanted to be... all around the world... and no, I don't care about the polution I will be responsible for wink.png

I really want a sky burial, but I don't think that would ever be possible for me, so it would be cremation followed by scattering of my ashes on Dartmoor. Not that this would be a worry to me, but at least I would leave my loved ones standing in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

I love it here so this will be where I die although not for many years yet I hope.

Only thing I said to my wife, if she outlives, me is 'up to you' as far as any funeral goes as I am not religious.

I want my ashes returned to the UK and scattered in my favourite spot in the New Forest. So many happy memories of being there as a youngster.

Edited by edwinchester

burn me and throw my ashes into a lake or the sea, depending on where I will die... and have two big parties, one in Thailand and one in Switzerland with whatever money my families deem ok to spend.. this way I will soon be where I always wanted to be... all around the world... and no, I don't care about the polution I will be responsible for wink.png

Um, they don't grind your charred skeletal remains into a fine dust here, as is the case in Western countries. So they'll be slinging your bones off of the nearest prementory being careful to avoid any soi dogs laugh.png

Um, they don't grind your charred skeletal remains into a fine dust here, as is the case in Western countries. So they'll be slinging your bones off of the nearest prementory being careful to avoid any soi dogs laugh.png

Hmm.... actually... giving my healthy life style... if they would feed the bones to the soi dogs, at least that soi could be declared "dog-free" for some time tongue.png

Most of my close relatives have been cremated and my wife and I scattered their ashes in the Pacific from Queensland in Australia. Since I have always enjoyed traveling My instructions are to be cremated and my wife will keep my ashes until she passes on, then she will be cremated and we will be scattered in the Pacific. That way we will get to travel together and some day meet my brother, sister and mother who are out there somewhere. I should mention I'm in no rush to join them.

Cremation sounds much nicer than being stuck in the ground six foot under. The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out.bah.gif

Most of my close relatives have been cremated and my wife and I scattered their ashes in the Pacific from Queensland in Australia. Since I have always enjoyed traveling My instructions are to be cremated and my wife will keep my ashes until she passes on, then she will be cremated and we will be scattered in the Pacific. That way we will get to travel together and some day meet my brother, sister and mother who are out there somewhere. I should mention I'm in no rush to join them.

Cremation sounds much nicer than being stuck in the ground six foot under. The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out.bah.gif

Then the worms get eaten by the birds and you are now flying free ...... until you end up in a pot and eaten by the locals :P

• Like 2