Poor Infrastructure Impeding Samui's Tourism Growth

Bad infrastructure maybe but, Bangkok Airways has a monopoly on Samui Airport and charges 8 times over the real cost of a flight of a similar distance and as for the taxi drivers you have to negotiate a price with them also, if they don't quote you a fixed price, find a taxi driver that uses the meter on Samui and I'll show a Unicorn. If it wasn't for tourism to Samui, the Samuians would still be living in hills harvesting coconuts yet when tourists come to Samui they just want to rip them off as quick as possible.

Leave Samui as it is, when the tourist trade drys up, maybe then, the infrastructure that already exists will take a long deep look at its self and change its over charging ways.

Bad infrastructure maybe but, Bangkok Airways has a monopoly on Samui Airport and charges 8 times over the real cost of a flight of a similar distance and as for the taxi drivers you have to negotiate a price with them also, if they don't quote you a fixed price, find a taxi driver that uses the meter on Samui and I'll show a Unicorn. If it wasn't for tourism to Samui, the Samuians would still be living in hills harvesting coconuts yet when tourists come to Samui they just want to rip them off as quick as possible.

Leave Samui as it is, when the tourist trade drys up, maybe then, the infrastructure that already exists will take a long deep look at its self and change its over charging ways.

All the original Samuians are so rich they couldn't care less if the trade drys up. All the rest of the bottom feeders will just up sticks back to Phuket or Pattaya.

Leaving the originals driving their BMW's around a deserted and freshly tarmacked ring road.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Good. It's completely overrun already as it is. What Samui needs is less of everything, less tourists, less hotels, less cars.

And less people who write biased comments but have no idea what life is like away from Chaweng.whistling.gif

I have no interest in going back to the place or to Phuket.

Glad to hear that. thumbsup.gif

and far away from the entire Ringroad?

I would have thought it was a perfect opportunity to charge more after building better investment, banjsh the rubbish airlines and start upgrading the type of visitors you get.

Oh yeah, get rid of the drug infested full moon parties, the stigma around those is enough to keep me from the whole of the south.. of, and the near daily murders. Please make a clean southern island chain so I can have a place to relax away from city life.

Please come and relax on Samui, it's a beautiful island with easy to find tranquility away from the crowds and full moon parties.

Stay away from the popular resorts and check ion at a small beach resort hotel and relax on one of our many beautiful quiet beaches.

And...I guarantee you will not be murdered during your stay.

(if I'm wrong, you can always sue me).

and stay away from the Ringroad

All the original Samuians are so rich they couldn't care less if the trade drys up. All the rest of the bottom feeders will just up sticks back to Phuket or Pattaya.

Leaving the originals driving their BMW's around a deserted and freshly tarmacked ring road.biggrin.png

Come on, not ALL of them, many are still poor, I know some that are still as poor as 25 years ago....the poor Pooyai still working coconuts, or these twin brothers: one is rich (Lompraya), his brother from Ban Bang Kao making ends meet every day.
  • Like 1