Mover Company Recommendation?

jeffandgop

My wife & I currently live in Bangkok and will be moving to Chiang Mai in July. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the quality, professionalism, cost and fulfilling commitments from any of following moving services companies I located on the web:

1. Big Move Thailand

2. JVK INTERNATIONAL MOVERS Co.,Ltd.

3. Intermover Thailand

4. ABS-Relocations

5. Relocation Thailand Vpack

Thank you in advance.

We also had great experience with Chiang Mai Removals, but I don't know if they would move someone here from Bangkok. Certainly worth contacting them to ask. Google them -- they have a good website.

Thanks- I did contact them and they said that they do provide move services from BKK to CM........

• 7 months later...

We're currently in the same situation as the OP, in the process of moving from BKK to CNX. I'd like to get some price benchmarks, would be great if someone could share their experience. We've got quoted 33kTHB for a small truck. I believe this is way over the top.

chiang mai removals all the way. used them 2x to 100% satisfaction.

Yes, I got that, was mentioned a couple of times smile.png.

Could you give an average price?

depends on how much you have and how far you have to go. 1 bedroom house with a standard amount of stuff will run under 20k to bkk, imo. maybe as low as 15k. thats only based on what i was charged for much shorter moves.

We're currently in the same situation as the OP, in the process of moving from BKK to CNX. I'd like to get some price benchmarks, would be great if someone could share their experience. We've got quoted 33kTHB for a small truck. I believe this is way over the top.

Way, way over the top in my opinion....knocking on GBP700.00 just from BKK to CNX for a small truck? Reckon you could get a 40ft container for that money!

I love hearing these discussions. To pack and move a 40ft container, 60 cubic metres (two large trucks and a pick up truck) from Bangkok to Chiang Mai for 33k? How do you figure that??? 3-4 days to pack., a day to transport and 2 days to unpack. Return of trucks to Bangkok. 700km each way. 8 packers, a supervisor, a couple of drivers. You are looking at 35k + in salaries alone.

Amateur hour!

I found a troll thread. Beautiful :D. Actually I was rather considering to pull an aircraft carrier north, but realized that the 2 lane roads end just before CM. So now what? :D

Anyway, thanks John for getting in touch!

Stay away from this company. I used them about a month ago and they were absolutely pure shit. I did a move from CNX to BKK. They were late showing up for the survey/ price quotation meeting. They were late showing up for pick up..

But the real fun began when it came time for delivery. When they showed up in BKK, they started unloading everything out next to the street in front of my condo building. So I called the girl in Bangkok. She said yes, they have to unload it there because they are calling me and they can't get ahold of me. I told her that this can't be true, as I've been standing outside with them since they showed up! So then she changed her story and said that delivering the stuff into my room was an additional cost, which I didn't pay for. SO, they just unloaded everything (book case, heavy crates, furniture, etc) right next to the street out front my condo building. I was left to carry all that stuff into my building and up to my room. To complicate matters, I had been in an accident just days before and had 5 stitches in my wrist. Good times.

Additionally, they damaged my motorbike and they lost the pegs which hold my bookcase shelves in place. I had purposely took these out, put them in a plastic bag and duct taped it to the back of the bookcase so they wouldn't be lost. But at some point they allowed the bag to be ripped open and the pegs lost.

And the kicker to all this, I actually own a truck and I drove myself down to Bangkok. The *ONLY* reason I paid CM Removals the 10,000 baht, was because I didn't want to be stuck unloading all that stuff myself!

Anyway, shit company all the way around. The fact that they would just turn up and dump all my stuff on the street corner was just baffling to me. I fully recommend staying away from this company.

-Mestizo

Stay away from this company. I used them about a month ago and they were absolutely pure shit. I did a move from CNX to BKK. They were late showing up for the survey/ price quotation meeting. They were late showing up for pick up..

But the real fun began when it came time for delivery. When they showed up in BKK, they started unloading everything out next to the street in front of my condo building. So I called the girl in Bangkok. She said yes, they have to unload it there because they are calling me and they can't get ahold of me. I told her that this can't be true, as I've been standing outside with them since they showed up! So then she changed her story and said that delivering the stuff into my room was an additional cost, which I didn't pay for. SO, they just unloaded everything (book case, heavy crates, furniture, etc) right next to the street out front my condo building. I was left to carry all that stuff into my building and up to my room. To complicate matters, I had been in an accident just days before and had 5 stitches in my wrist. Good times.

Additionally, they damaged my motorbike and they lost the pegs which hold my bookcase shelves in place. I had purposely took these out, put them in a plastic bag and duct taped it to the back of the bookcase so they wouldn't be lost. But at some point they allowed the bag to be ripped open and the pegs lost.

And the kicker to all this, I actually own a truck and I drove myself down to Bangkok. The *ONLY* reason I paid CM Removals the 10,000 baht, was because I didn't want to be stuck unloading all that stuff myself!

Anyway, shit company all the way around. The fact that they would just turn up and dump all my stuff on the street corner was just baffling to me. I fully recommend staying away from this company.

-Mestizo

This is why normal people pay for a proper removal company. If you have $50,000 worth of gear are you gonna let a bunch of muppets shift it around for you? If you had a Benz would you let an unlicenced driver take it for a run??

• Like 1

-Mestizo

This is why normal people pay for a proper removal company. If you have $50,000 worth of gear are you gonna let a bunch of muppets shift it around for you? If you had a Benz would you let an unlicenced driver take it for a run??

Agree. Lesson learned. The move was sort of a quick, hurried decision. In the limited amount of time I had to do research, I came across the TV posters highly recommend this company and assumed they were a proper removal company based on the repeated recommendations. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

As the owner of the company seems to be a local Brit, I'm now wondering how many of the "recommendations" are actually just his friends touting his business for him.

-Mestizo

your story seems highly unlikely given my 2 experiences with the company. highly professional in all regards.

either you have a bone to pick, or you generally rub people the wrong way...resulting in less than desirable service.

your story seems highly unlikely given my 2 experiences with the company. highly professional in all regards.

either you have a bone to pick, or you generally rub people the wrong way...resulting in less than desirable service.

You are correct. I do have a bone to pick, after having all my stuff dumpped out by the street in front of my condo building and having the customer service girl tell me that it was an additional fee to actually carry the stuff to my room.

-Mestizo

your condo on the 30th floor with no elevator? the customer service girl went out of her way to accommodate me both times.

they were 30 mins late every time, but they called to let me know. this is thailand, so i generally expect people to be late. biggrin.png

your condo on the 30th floor with no elevator? the customer service girl went out of her way to accommodate me both times.

they were 30 mins late every time, but they called to let me know. this is thailand, so i generally expect people to be late. biggrin.png

Where did he say anything about being on the 30th Floor and no elevator???

• Like 2

Where did he say anything about being on the 30th Floor and no elevator???

Condo is on the fourth floor with a dedicated elevator for stuff like this.

The condo management people and the security gaurd were sorta dumb founded by the movers actions as well. One of the condo guys and one of the security guards stepped in and help me move everything. With there help, I got everything upstairs and taken care of in about 10-15 minutes. I gave them cold drinks and 200 baht each for thier help. (I'm including these facts to dispell the the previous personal attack that I "generally rub people the wrong way...resulting in less than desirable service. ")

As for the lateness, other than showing a lack of professionality, that really does not bother me. That's par of the course and to be expected. My complaints are about the dumpping of my stuff out by the street and the damage to my items.

-Mestizo

• 2 weeks later...

It's been barely two weeks since we made contact. Amazing company from Chiang Mai! John and his crew managed to move our house within less than 24h from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, arrival to departure. At an unbeatable price. Thumbs up to the guys from Thai Export / Chiang Mai Removals. Wholeheartedly recommended (pay the guys some tip!). And thanks to the forum, otherwise I'd have been ripped off by some jerks.