Belgium Sees Great Potential In Thailand As Asean Hub

webfact

Belgium.....OMG...first they don't have a Government for over a year and now they are thinking about breaking up...

Not exactly the leading economy in Europe .................. and well, er, not exactly the leaders in anything.

Really? And you've been there? Beer. Diamonds. Chocolate. Tintin. Food (best food in Europe - oh, and French Fries originate there). Club Med was founded there.

Not exactly the leading economy in Europe? You're quite right . . . that could be because it is a small country with a small population . . . I guess we'll just have to only accept German links to anything to do with the economy because it is the biggest economy.

Prestbury Park . . . show me one nation that hasn't had its share of trouble . . . Belgium is the least of anyone's worries.

I must admit to having a bit of a soft spot for the place . . . living and working in Holland for a few years, if I wasn't traveling for work I'd get in my car and get out to a place with excellent food, fantastic beers, very nice people and beautiful architecture in the towns and villages, lovely forests etc.... Belgium (Germany was a very good place to go as well for the same reasons)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belgium.....OMG...first they don't have a Government for over a year and now they are thinking about breaking up...

Not exactly the leading economy in Europe .................. and well, er, not exactly the leaders in anything.

Really? And you've been there? Beer. Diamonds. Chocolate. Tintin. Food (best food in Europe - oh, and French Fries originate there). Club Med was founded there.

Not exactly the leading economy in Europe? You're quite right . . . that could be because it is a small country with a small population . . . I guess we'll just have to only accept German links to anything to do with the economy because it is the biggest economy.

Prestbury Park . . . show me one nation that hasn't had its share of trouble . . . Belgium is the least of anyone's worries.

I must admit to having a bit of a soft spot for the place . . . living and working in Holland for a few years, if I wasn't traveling for work I'd get in my car and get out to a place with excellent food, fantastic beers, very nice people and beautiful architecture in the towns and villages, lovely forests etc.... Belgium (Germany was a very good place to go as well for the same reasons)

I love the food there too...was in Antwerp and Oostende in August. Mussels and frites, Chateaubriand....Bouillabaise..

Nothing like an evening tasting Belgian beers. But my remarks were apropos corruption in Thailand / Belgian investments here and I commented from my personal experience over many years that the Belgians are well versed in such things. Sure I have friends there and Holland too, good peeps, they kinda agree with me/educated me on the subject.

• Like 1

I love the food there too...was in Antwerp and Oostende in August. Mussels and frites, Chateaubriand....Bouillabaise..

Nothing like an evening tasting Belgian beers. But my remarks were apropos corruption in Thailand / Belgian investments here and I commented from my personal experience over many years that the Belgians are well versed in such things. Sure I have friends there and Holland too, good peeps, they kinda agree with me/educated me on the subject.

When I think about it I did have some 'issues' with our Belgian distributors (I worked IT in EMEA for a US company) . . . because their market is relatively small they grey-exported a lot of our stuff . . . but they did help in that they sold into places where it wasn't worth it for us to spend a lot of money setting things up.

Dutch? Nah, not so much. People- and food/beerwise.

I'd take the Belgians any day thumbsup.gif

(I have yet to find a place outside of Belgium to serve a good waterzooi!)

Edited by Sing_Sling

Bouillabaise in my Kingdom... 555 !!!

In the mean time just try to order "french fries" at a Brussels' fritkot... you might receive them on your face!

We have a word for that: "mouthwashing with honey".

The Thais are so eager to her how good, perfect etc they are they will even believe Thailand will be the next hub for schooling... especially English...

It's also called "blowing sugar up someone's arse". rolleyes.gif

In the US we call it "blowing smoke up someone's ass".

some other countries do call it "speaking out your arse" smile.png

OK, a serious question. Who started this HUB thing and why does it continue. I can think of a few more ways to describe a hub...

center

crossroads

epicenter

focus

main attraction

There's five. Now please everyone add your slogan ideas, and I'll be happy to forward these to the writers of the Nation....

Hopefully, they'll set up a joint venture with Chang, & brew some decent beer smile.png

You expect a decent beer to come out of the Chang empire?!

Have you tried Federbrau? Probably the best local beer brewed in Thailand IMHO, your tastes may vary. Chang Export is reasonable, as is Chang Draught. A lot better than the "foreign" cr@p beers marketed worldwide brewed in Thailand. Chang Classic is best avoided IMHO. I would expect a Belgium / Chang joint operation, with the Belgians providing the know how & QC, to to be pretty good.

Thailand don't need small Belgium to do it they strong enough in S-EA ! cheesy.gif

Thailand won't be their next belgian Congo !

They should care their internal language problems before think they can help/support a strong country as Thailand !

Gangrened european countries cannot do it in this booming Thailand !

Edited by Westaurel

The Crown Prince and his businessmen need to join TVF immediately so they will not be shocked by the requirements of doing business in the LOS.

I doubt they will be shocked. They have money, so they will get an easy ride. They will also be happy to follow the rules. Why would anyone who was interested in a real business care about TVF. This is mostly a place for the losers to complain about why they can't make it. It's never their fault, so must be the fault of the big, bad Thai authorities. If you can't do business here. then go someplace else where it's easier for you.

You know Davie boy this is the second time I have admonished you to learn to recognize satire when you see it.

Satire:

Noun

The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of...

A play, novel, film, or other work that uses satire.

Obviously, you're not very good at satire.

Would be nice if someone had told him that foreign companies are officially restricted from entering the logistics and transportation industry in Thailand.

Better start looking for a 51% partner.

Not true at all. A Chinese company will mostly likely be involved with the construction of the high-speed rail link.

What has logistics and transportation got to do with construction?

Trains are a form of transportation.

We have a word for that: "mouthwashing with honey".

The Thais are so eager to her how good, perfect etc they are they will even believe Thailand will be the next hub for schooling... especially English...

I think you forgot Maths, Physics and Chemistrywink.png

The Crown Prince and his businessmen need to join TVF immediately so they will not be shocked by the requirements of doing business in the LOS.

Even ordinary Thais are reluctant to mingle with the cattle on this forum, let alone people from a high social background.

I know, it's terrible isn't it, due to dire internet service they resort to watching the 'slap your wife about' soaps on TV, and then are reminded every morning about how wonderful they are.

The major difference is, we know we are cattle.

• Like 1

Even ordinary Thais are reluctant to mingle with the cattle on this forum, let alone people from a high social background.

I know, it's terrible isn't it, due to dire internet service they resort to watching the 'slap your wife about' soaps on TV, and then are reminded every morning about how wonderful they are.

And for that reason, cattle should be kept in a barn, don't you agree?

Not always, but.... whingers should be kept in a cage, don't you agree?

• Like 1

I doubt they will be shocked. They have money, so they will get an easy ride. They will also be happy to follow the rules. Why would anyone who was interested in a real business care about TVF. This is mostly a place for the losers to complain about why they can't make it. It's never their fault, so must be the fault of the big, bad Thai authorities. If you can't do business here. then go someplace else where it's easier for you.

You know Davie boy this is the second time I have admonished you to learn to recognize satire when you see it.

Satire:

Noun

The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of...

A play, novel, film, or other work that uses satire.

Obviously, you're not very good at satire.

Obviously I am better at satire than you are at recognizing it when you see it.

OK, a serious question. Who started this HUB thing and why does it continue. I can think of a few more ways to describe a hub...

center

crossroads

epicenter

focus

main attraction

There's five. Now please everyone add your slogan ideas, and I'll be happy to forward these to the writers of the Nation....

Don't waste your time and effort. The words you suggest have far too many syllables and would take the writers and sub-editors out of their comfort zone. . Hub - one syllable. Manageable.

Not always, but.... whingers should be kept in a cage, don't you agree?

If you are talking about the Farangs on Thai Visa who whine and gripe on a daily basis about how bad their existence in Thailand is, I agree. But the best way to deal with them is to section them into an institution somewhere far away from the public.

But the best way to deal with them is to section them into an institution somewhere far away from the public.

By the public do you mean you?...... yes, I would agree to that.

Errrrrrrrr? I am not the one who constantly whinges around here. You must be confused. Then again I am not surprised really. Like me, I think the public will find it quite odd about the Farangs who keep saying how bad Thailand is, but nonetheless refuse to go to live anywhere else.

Maybe, just maybe, it's a place where others, who have been successful elsewhere have come. and decided not to invest, because they realize the odds, attitudes and laws are geared for their failure. Of course, maybe it's just me...smile.png

• Like 1

But the best way to deal with them is to section them into an institution somewhere far away from the public.

By the public do you mean you?...... yes, I would agree to that.

Errrrrrrrr? I am not the one who constantly whinges around here. You must be confused.

I am seldom confused.

Occasionally baffled.

But constantly amused.

So you are not a member of TVF?.................... Loser.whistling.gif Edited by Skywalker69