Wildlife Food

chuang

Uncle Rats which is near Airport Plaza. They have stir fried bee roe, ox placenta soup, wild lizard etc. on menu. I recommend the hot and sour cobra.

Was wondering what happened to Loong Rat. They used to be on the Mae Jo Road. Used to go there once a month or so. Never tried anything more exotic than the Crocodile. Ladies working there were unusually friendly. Never understood exactly what was going on there but had an idea although I never asked.

Uncle Rats which is near Airport Plaza. They have stir fried bee roe, ox placenta soup, wild lizard etc. on menu. I recommend the hot and sour cobra.

Thanks junglechef....do you by chance have the address or phone numbers...

I preferred Loong Rat near Airport plaza, i'll check on the info. If your going near Hua Hin I know of a place that I've had porcupine, deer, lizard, wild cats etc. some which weren't too bad if you could get thru the spice but the worst was when he made me a "Chicken Mother" Bat which had a four foot wingspan (see pic.) for my birthday which appropriately was on Halloween.

post-101742-0-99900000-1359460082_thumb.

Edited by junglechef

when you drive from the airport plaza direction east on the super highway: in the last curve left bevore ringroad. on the left side is a restaurant serve wild things. the food is not bad,

i have the coordinates on my gps, but stay in europe and come to cnx middle of febr. if you then still need the coords, send me a pm.

enjou your meal and days

I wanted to add that some (many) places that serve this kind of cuisine are getting their game from the wilds of the jungles whose numbers are dwindling and some which are protected species. Of course lots are farmed such as crocodile, deer and ostrich but even some of these can be poached. Eating the local snakes and rats, both which I enjoy and personally feel is fine but I am careful when it comes to others. I've even been offered fried tiger deep in Burma though I could perhaps rationalize their mindset (they catch and serve whatever they can get as they have always done haven't had the education concerning the environmental impact) it deeply saddened me.

• Like 1

Snake, deer, cobra, rats and other wild meats why not dogs?

Not that I would. Beef Pork and chicken for me. I guess I am just a product of the society I grew up in. If I was to venture out into the other forms of meat why not dog.

dog is delicious....and we eat the countryside rats here in the village... hahaha when in Rome etc etc hhhaha

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had Porcupine once (just once) it tasted like a gin and tonic. Became a Pescatarian shortly after.

had hedgehog once in the UK... cooked by Gypsies. . put in clay and slowly cooked in charcoal fire... all the spines and skin peeled off as the clay was removed...mmmm delicious......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who knows how to tell between wild boar and pig?

Wild boar will have 3 hair follicles per pore opposed to two for pig.

Just a random bit of knowledge I felt like blurting out loud, thats all for now...