Norwegian Shot By Ex-Wife's New Thai Husband

webfact

However, the police still didn’t believe the testimony of the couple. So the police seized the 9 mm gun used in the shooting, along with the spent bullet shells. Police will investigate to confirm who really owns the gun. Police will also track for stains of carbon from gunpowder from the hands of both Mr. Thomas and Mr. Manoonsak to investigate the matter further.

You can speculate all you want however if this story has been reported correctly the police appear to have some doubt about the facts given by the couple!

I hope they also get the child examined by a doctor to see if she was actually ill, and perhaps question her on what she heard and saw, I would suggest that they will get more of a true account from the kid rather than the adults involved.

However this 'pans out' the real victim here is the child.

• Like 2

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, the police still didn’t believe the testimony of the couple. So the police seized the 9 mm gun used in the shooting, along with the spent bullet shells. Police will investigate to confirm who really owns the gun. Police will also track for stains of carbon from gunpowder from the hands of both Mr. Thomas and Mr. Manoonsak to investigate the matter further.

You can speculate all you want however if this story has been reported correctly the police appear to have some doubt about the facts given by the couple!

I hope they also get the child examined by a doctor to see if she was actually ill, and perhaps question her on what she heard and saw, I would suggest that they will get more of a true account from the kid rather than the adults involved.

However this 'pans out' the real victim here is the child.

Thais in Kamphaeng Phet are very doubtful of the shooter's story. Also discussion about the woman being from Isaan. (Please don't flame me, I am the messenger.) The Khamphaeng Phet Thai community is buzzing... She was with the Norwegian for 7 years.... Thai guy for 2 months..... A LOT more details coming through on the Thai sites

Edited by Barontt

Why does a farang need a gun in Thailand first of all and why the f*** is a father taking a gun into the home of his daughter??? I don't say he deserves it, but i don't have too much pitty...

That's of course if he did take a gun in. Sounds to me any intelligent Norwegian in Thailand would not have a gun and even more so, when it comes to visitation and his daughter. This should read more like the Norwegian was attacked by the Thai guy who was packing a gun and deliberately shot the Norwegian. Restaurant owners tend to have weapons more so than Norwegian fathers on custodian visits. This whole story stinks of a set up, especially the way the BiB reacted rushing here and there with their inspectors. Utter BS especially about the part of the Thai guy being 'shaken'. Even in the summary ...

Say no more!

Why does a farang need a gun in Thailand first of all and why the f*** is a father taking a gun into the home of his daughter??? I don't say he deserves it, but i don't have too much pitty...

That's of course if he did take a gun in. Sounds to me any intelligent Norwegian in Thailand would not have a gun and even more so, when it comes to visitation and his daughter. This should read more like the Norwegian was attacked by the Thai guy who was packing a gun and deliberately shot the Norwegian. Restaurant owners tend to have weapons more so than Norwegian fathers on custodian visits. This whole story stinks of a set up, especially the way the BiB reacted rushing here and there with their inspectors. Utter BS especially about the part of the Thai guy being 'shaken'. Even in the summary ...

Say no more!

It is normal practice police to sieze the firearm and establish a crime scene when someone is shot. This pratice has absolutely nothing to do with whether they believe a parties story or not.

Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice.

Bad gun! Very bad gun...shooting twice by yourself. Go to your room!

norway2_zpsc0eab6b0.png

The misbehaving self-firing gun being detained.

norway1_zps5c84481d.png

The Norwegian gun owner.

norway3_zps7bd5f703.png

The Norwegian gun owner in the hospital.

The Nation Channel video news:

http://77.nationchan...m/video/324289/

What is the glaring problem with the pic of the firearm?

It has been placed into a plastic bag which is a huge NOOOOOOOO. The firearm should have been placed into a paper bag which prevents sweating and the possible destruction of evidence. It will remain in a paperbag until after all court proceedures. I also pressume that the farangs hands have been swabbed for gunshot residue as they are not in a paper bag either.

It might have possibly been put in the plastic bag to suffocate it as it had already shot someone that day, and you just never know with that type of gun it could just turn on you in a second without any warning, we are all lucky the vigilant dependable police managed to get it bagged up.

• Like 2

Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice.

Bad gun! Very bad gun...shooting twice by yourself. Go to your room!

norway2_zpsc0eab6b0.png

The misbehaving self-firing gun being detained.

norway1_zps5c84481d.png

The Norwegian gun owner.

norway3_zps7bd5f703.png

The Norwegian gun owner in the hospital.

The Nation Channel video news:

http://77.nationchan...m/video/324289/

What is the glaring problem with the pic of the firearm?

It has been placed into a plastic bag which is a huge NOOOOOOOO. The firearm should have been placed into a paper bag which prevents sweating and the possible destruction of evidence. It will remain in a paperbag until after all court proceedures. I also pressume that the farangs hands have been swabbed for gunshot residue as they are not in a paper bag either.

Yes, the video news in the link shows police at the hospital bedside swabbing his restrained hands.

the trigger could have conceivably been pulled twice by accident during the struggle.

As the writing on these pattaya 'news' sources is notoriously poor i suspect the 'automatic' discharge of the gun was more a result of lousy word choice than anything else.

the fact that the moron was shot with his own gun while trespassing to destroy someone else's property certainly suggests the thai was defending his home.

no farang can get a gun license in Thailand !

Not one !

On the wife's name yes,not on yours !

Something fishy here, what proof is there that the falang owned the gun in the first place?

lets hope Norway guy wake up, and correct the story,, will probaly be, that is the Thai guys gun ,and he tryed kill him. that will be the outcome.. a Norwegian would never bring a gun to pick up his child . The story in Thai avisa smell big time.. but in end will boil away in the Thai guys favour..

it was the Thai bloke's gun.

Who's gun is it? Do many farang carry guns? I don't know of ANY farang that have a gun but I know probably a score of Thais that do.

From his facebook page.

post-139182-0-51318400-1359431224_thumb.

quote - "Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice. Mr. Thomas was shot in the neck, and was severely injured and bleeding heavily" Am always amazed at guns which go off "automatically" when handled by a Thai or mysterious moto-drivers which cause Thai people to have violent road accidents. This is a land of mystery & ghosts if one were to believe stories associated with the high crime & accident rates in Thailand. Truly amazing.....and very anal, to boot !!

Bad writing. What he really meant was that the gun went off twice during the struggle which is not uncommon.

From his facebook page.

People really need to set their FB privacy properly, the "killer" picture is just a few mouseclicks below:

31634_10151147260096417_2042168898_n.jpg

What a tool. I think the prosecution case may have been strengthened just a little. Edited by chooka

I cannot imagine what would make a father of a child behave in this manner if he truly loves his child and thinks first about the child and not others, including himself. Some day that child will be an adult, and be able to discern between right and wrong. I fear that the father will be pitied instead of loved by the child. This is tough to read for fathers out there who love their children and have gotten into arguments with the mother, and who have had terrible thoughts go through their head whilst fighting. I will never forget the face of my son when he was crying after his mother and I had a bad argument. Now we do everything we can to not do this and try to take it somewhere else out of his presence. What a shame and a pity for this very sad man.

These young pensioned off Norwegians have nothing better to do all day than drink. Mix that with firearms, especially without experience, accidents are bound to happen......what on Earth a father is doing waving it around with a 3 year old girl present beggars belief.

I'm a young pensioned off Norwegian. 7 years younger than him. Unnecessary of you to stigmatize us all with something negative, (grumpy old man?).

Yep, I get free money. Money I mostly spend on helping kids around in the area, like education, kindergarden, school bus, football and other activities. Bear in mind that I haven't been in Thailand for so long because I'm a "young Norwegian drinking all day".

... and by the way, it's 3682 Norwegians between 20-24 that's pensioned off (April 2012). Quite a rear moment for you to actually getting to speak with one of the 3682 Norwegians you don't like, isn't it?

I have Norwegian friends and family members here in Thailand, but non of them are young pensioned off bastards like me. The young guys sure drink much when they are here, but they all either got work in Norway (avg. salery in Norway is about 170 000 Baht a month) or online study vacation (a trend in Scandinavia). The older guys are living on their hard working retirements.

Ouch! old-timer just got owned.

These young pensioned off Norwegians have nothing better to do all day than drink. Mix that with firearms, especially without experience, accidents are bound to happen......what on Earth a father is doing waving it around with a 3 year old girl present beggars belief.

Indeed, never mind waving it around with a child present, why TF does he feel the need to even carry a gun.

Excellent news this, made my day, farang <deleted> shot with his own gun, som nam na.

And you, of course, know exactly what went on in that house in order to make your reasoned judgement?

"KHAMPHAENG PHET – January 27, 2013 [PDN]; at 12 p.m., a report of a man being shot and injured "

"During questioning, Mr. Manoonsak said he had been sleeping in the bedroom on the third floor with his wife, whom he recently married. She was identified as Ms. Piyathida Singreuang, age 34, the owner of the restaurant downstairs".

Some questions of my learned friend m'lud.

1. Where were these people when this incident happened? Kamphaeng Phet province or Nakhon Sawan province?

2. Why were Mr Manoonsak and his wife in the sack at noon?

3. Why wasn't she cooking food downstairs in her restaurant?

Re your questions:-

1. Why is it relevant?

2. Why is it relevant?

3. Why is it relevant?

Of course lets not forget in all this, if the ex honoured the custodial agreement, perhaps it may not have occurred.

Daughter sick. Sounds like if this guy went off the deep end, then it may have not been the first refusal. 2 Thais vs 1 farang. Probably not going to get much help there.

It doesn't condone his actions, but everything happens for a reason. Be interesting to see who actually owns the handgun.

Maybe you could post the details of the custodial agreement that you clearly have knowledge of in order for you to justify suggesting the incident may not have happened had it been adhered to.

From his facebook page.

People really need to set their FB privacy properly, the "killer" picture is just a few mouseclicks below:

31634_10151147260096417_2042168898_n.jpg

What a tool. I think the prosecution case may have been strengthened just a little.

Great, more to speculate with. I Love It!!

"KHAMPHAENG PHET – January 27, 2013 [PDN]; at 12 p.m., a report of a man being shot and injured "

"During questioning, Mr. Manoonsak said he had been sleeping in the bedroom on the third floor with his wife, whom he recently married. She was identified as Ms. Piyathida Singreuang, age 34, the owner of the restaurant downstairs".

Some questions of my learned friend m'lud.

1. Where were these people when this incident happened? Kamphaeng Phet province or Nakhon Sawan province?

2. Why were Mr Manoonsak and his wife in the sack at noon?

3. Why wasn't she cooking food downstairs in her restaurant?

Re your questions:-

1. Why is it relevant?

2. Why is it relevant?

3. Why is it relevant?

or more to the point, if as the 'news' article states, the report was received at noon, how do you reckon they were still in bed at noon?

the trigger could have conceivably been pulled twice by accident during the struggle.

As the writing on these pattaya 'news' sources is notoriously poor i suspect the 'automatic' discharge of the gun was more a result of lousy word choice than anything else.

the fact that the moron was shot with his own gun while trespassing to destroy someone else's property certainly suggests the thai was defending his home.

no farang can get a gun license in Thailand !

Not one !

On the wife's name yes,not on yours !

Yes they can. As long as they go through the procedure of applying for a licence and having one issued.