Norwegian Shot By Ex-Wife's New Thai Husband

webfact

I'm by no means a Thai basher(read my other posts if you think I am),

but "History is written by the victor" and as an Expat who likes shooting as a sport I would find it very difficult to acquire what looks like a 9mm short of some sort(the plastic bag makes it difficult to identify,could be anything from a Browning Automatic Pistol held at an odd angle(it would look longer held straight sideways,to a chinese officers sidearm,i'm assuming(and yes we all know what assumptions do) that it was 9mm,or smaller calibre,because I don't think the chap would have survived a .45 to the neck or head.

anyway,back to the point,I go shooting quite a lot in Thailand(I'm a total amateur though!) and know a lot of people in that fraternity,but I would still have a LOT of trouble getting my hands on a pistol(then again I don't hang around with criminals,not that I'm suggesting that this young Norwegian chap did or is).

WHEREAS(and this is the part where I'll be accused of "bashing")it seems to be not only easy,but almost mandatory for many many young Thai men to have a "Bun" for some reason,

is it not more likely that the Thai man owned the gun,a struggle ensued for whatever reason,he shot the chap in either the head or neck twice and concocted the rest of the story,thinking the Norwegian was dead and unlikely to awake to dispute him and his new Mia's cock and bull story?

AGAIN I REPEAT! I am no Thai basher,but if I heard a similar story of a young Irishman(I'm Irish) claiming he not only managed to disarm a gunman moments after being awakened BUT THAT THEN THE GUN SHOT HIS ASSAILANT ITSELF...TWICE! I would not believe a word.

sorry for the wall of text too.(quick edit,Neversure could be right that its a Berretta 92,its the right size and shape,I also think I was off thinking it was a BAP(Browning Automatic Pistol) it looks too short).

Edited by QualityTouristNumberOne

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.The mere fact that this post has produced 125 posts - mostly, well ALL, of dribble- shows that most people have nowt else to do.

I've got 6 days off coming up and let's see if I can match the dribble level reached here. I try my best but I doubt it.

Well, so far you are keeping up exactly with your perceived 100% drivel ( I believe the word you are trying to use, as dribble is what you do with a basketball) level on this thread....wai2.gif

In defense of my fellow posters, it is extremely difficult to produce incisive hard hitting posts on any given subject, when the news reporting on the subject is so bad as to be ridiculous. This lack of reporting acuity thus produces speculation on a board like this one.

It is interesting that Facebook is entering more and more stories as a sort of background on the people involved.

This story started as a father going to see his daughter that seemingly would not have a gun, and then suddenly a Facebook photo shows up showing him looking like a Mexican bandit holding double guns........

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

.The mere fact that this post has produced 125 posts - mostly, well ALL, of dribble- shows that most people have nowt else to do.

I've got 6 days off coming up and let's see if I can match the dribble level reached here. I try my best but I doubt it.

You have started and you probably didn't even realisethumbsup.gif

Just kidding.

Well, so far you are keeping up exactly with your perceived 100% drivel ( I believe the word you are trying to use, as dribble is what you do with a basketball) level on this thread....wai2.gif

In defense of my fellow posters, it is extremely difficult to produce incisive hard hitting posts on any given subject, when the news reporting on the subject is so bad as to be ridiculous. This lack of reporting acuity thus produces speculation on a board like this one.

It is interesting that Facebook is entering more and more stories as a sort of background on the people involved.

This story started as a father going to see his daughter that seemingly would not have a gun, and then suddenly a Facebook photo shows up showing him looking like a Mexican bandit holding double guns........

looking like Chopper Read. Aussie would know this well known criminal turned folk hero and celebrity.

it drivel, not dribble. Dribble is what water does out of a leaky tap, a player does with a basketball, or juice does down a baby's chin

i only point it out because i noticed you seem to use the term often and i have no desire to see you continue to look foolish.

Edited by candypants

@eyeswideopen

Cult figure and Australian celebrity. former criminal.(murderer and gangster) Even glorified him in a movie CHOPPER starring Eric Banna and he is still alive..

post-122647-0-98567000-1359542726_thumb.

Edited by chooka

Spot the teachers....

whistling.gif

Drivel, dribble...does it really matter?

How many more dribbles do you need in your 6 days off?rolleyes.gif I know you posted earlier you wanted to match everyone Edited by chooka

Spot the teachers....

whistling.gif

Yes.....Clear usage of English makes it easier to convey your thoughts. And also has the added benefit of making

your position more cogent. If English is your second language, then I apologize in advance. But if it is your first language,

then just carry on, use whatever words come to your head.cheesy.gif

And I can assure I am not a pedantic teacher upcountry in a village somewhere. Just happen to love the English language,

and am distressed when I see it abused.........

Spot the teachers....

whistling.gif

Not being a teacher I can't say, but your choice of user name does create a rod for your own back. If one drinks too much and has difficultly in consuming the alcohol then you may well dribble but not drivel. Well you might do that as well, thinking about it, but that's a speech issue. smile.png

Spot the teachers....

whistling.gif

How many more dribbles do you need in your 6 days off?rolleyes.gif I know you posted earlier you wanted to match everyone

I am actually not a teacher

As to whether or not it matters, all depends, it is pretty difficult to sound superior to other posters when you do not even posses even a basic command of the language you are being a twunt in.

quote - "Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice. Mr. Thomas was shot in the neck, and was severely injured and bleeding heavily" Am always amazed at guns which go off "automatically" when handled by a Thai or mysterious moto-drivers which cause Thai people to have violent road accidents. This is a land of mystery & ghosts if one were to believe stories associated with the high crime & accident rates in Thailand. Truly amazing.....and very anal, to boot !!

Bad writing. What he really meant was that the gun went off twice during the struggle which is not uncommon.

The gun would have had to be cocked first in order for it to be discharged. The supposed story was it fell from the Norwegians pocket and was then fought over. Is it logical at all to assume that the Norwegian had a cocked gun with a round in the chamber in his pocket? Personally I do not believe the story. Someone chambered a round and/or cocked the gun before any "accidental" shooting took place.