Norwegian Shot By Ex-Wife's New Thai Husband

webfact

From his facebook page.

post-139182-0-51318400-1359431224_thumb.

People really need to set their FB privacy properly, the "killer" picture is just a few mouseclicks below:

31634_10151147260096417_2042168898_n.jpg

What a tool. I think the prosecution case may have been strengthened just a little.

Great, more to speculate with. I Love It!!

Yep and I wonder why no one has slagged him because he has a tattoo. That seems to shine through here sometimes.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the trigger could have conceivably been pulled twice by accident during the struggle.

As the writing on these pattaya 'news' sources is notoriously poor i suspect the 'automatic' discharge of the gun was more a result of lousy word choice than anything else.

the fact that the moron was shot with his own gun while trespassing to destroy someone else's property certainly suggests the thai was defending his home.

no farang can get a gun license in Thailand !

Not one !

On the wife's name yes,not on yours !

Yes they can. As long as they go through the procedure of applying for a licence and having one issued.

So in that case, if it is his and it is legal, it'll be registered to him and he's in a spot of trouble when he wakes up...

I'd be interested to hear some of the details which are said to be coming out in the Thai forums in one of the earlier posts. Either way, yet another sad state of affairs... wai2.gif

SHOT ITSELF 2 TIMES w00t.gifblink.png

Hmm well that is totally believable here in Thailand Anything is possible clap2.gif

I bet it was not even the farangs gun with a tale like that

The NRA will love this....people don"t kill people....guns kill peopleclap2.gif

Quite a few years back I found myself spending a great deal of time in Central America. A common phrase I would hear went something like

"Fijase, se ruhino" which basically means ..." it ruined itself (I had nothing to do with it)". When I hear or read stories such as this weapon

discharging all by itself the phrase comes to mind along with the smile that generally accompanied it all those years ago.

Another thing that causes a smile is "the police rushed to the scene. C'mon, the only time I ever seem to see anyone rushing here is when

playing a sport or running to the bathroom whistling.gif

• Like 1

quote - "Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice. Mr. Thomas was shot in the neck, and was severely injured and bleeding heavily" Am always amazed at guns which go off "automatically" when handled by a Thai or mysterious moto-drivers which cause Thai people to have violent road accidents. This is a land of mystery & ghosts if one were to believe stories associated with the high crime & accident rates in Thailand. Truly amazing.....and very anal, to boot !!

Guns don't go off automatically. Repeat, guns do not shoot automatically. Accidentally, yes, but automatically, not a chance. So giving the benefit of the doubt to the survivor (dead men tell no tales) one might be able to accept that a round discharged accidentally. Two rounds, not a chance.

• Like 1

Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice.

Bad gun! Very bad gun...shooting twice by yourself. Go to your room!

Wwwooooaahhhhh,,,,,,,

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Yeah maybe Som nam nah. but fired twice by itself Really Who are we trying to fool. Then again a Farang with a gun could be black market gun and prone to problems. Also messing with a Man's child he could expect a problem. we know what happens when you fight thais if you dont end it fast they come out the wood work.

"KHAMPHAENG PHET – January 27, 2013 [PDN]; at 12 p.m., a report of a man being shot and injured "

"During questioning, Mr. Manoonsak said he had been sleeping in the bedroom on the third floor with his wife, whom he recently married. She was identified as Ms. Piyathida Singreuang, age 34, the owner of the restaurant downstairs".

Some questions of my learned friend m'lud.

1. Where were these people when this incident happened? Kamphaeng Phet province or Nakhon Sawan province?

2. Why were Mr Manoonsak and his wife in the sack at noon?

3. Why wasn't she cooking food downstairs in her restaurant?

From what I can read of the OP

1. The shooting happened in Nai Muang Khampaeng Phet which is in the provincial town/city of Khampaneg Phet province and the wounded Norwegian was taken to a hospital with better facilities in Nakhon Sawan 125 km south of Khampaeng Phet.

2. If it is a restaurant which only opens in the evenings and closes in the early hours of the morning, why wouldn't they still be in bed at noon?

3. See 2 above.

Does that answer your questions?

When I used to work night shifts depending on what time I went to bed I wouldn't get up until mid afternoon either.

Thank you for the clarification.thumbsup.gif

My pleasure.

I only know that much as I live 65km from Khampaeng Phet and my son goes to school there.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick a lot of TV posters are to make up their minds on who is guilty and who is innocent before all of the facts are in. It's actually a bit disturbing.

What's disturbing about it ?

This is not a court and we are not Jurors. It is just an Internet forum

Gulp. You mean that this isn't real life.

Faints in shock/horror.

• Like 1

Quote : Yep and I wonder why no one has slagged him because he has a tattoo. That seems to shine through here sometimes.

unquote

Only one arm is covered in a tattoo so no problem....rolleyes.gif But it seems to me that this guy , and the Aussie " shooters" in Phuket,

had excessive tattoos, and were involved in an incident involving guns. Link ????

Yeah as one person noted, that Facebook photo somewhat put to rest the ongoing theory that this was a innocent Norwegian

who would never have a gun........ Note to self: remove incriminating Facebook photos before doing crazy stuff....

Additional note: That gunslinger photo was shot in Thailand by the way, which is a bit damning. This can easily be seen by looking at the sink. I doubt that style of sink is sold in Norway. And also the window can be seen to be Thai style as well.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

If you read the full story from the link, it is badly written but it is nonetheless pretty obvious that what is posted in TV is just the the couple's version of events which the police say they don't believe. The Norwegian looks as if he was unconscious in the pics and his statement had probably not yet been provided. It seems more likely the the gun was illegally owned by the mother's new live in Thai lover and that he produced it to threaten the farang who grabbed it and they tussled over it. In the mele the Thai squeezed off two shots. No independent medical evidence is provided for the mother's claim that the daughter was sick. If true and notified in advance, perhaps the father might have postponed his trip. In such cases the mother is usually using the child as a pawn to try to squeeze more money out of the father and using any excuse to withhold the child increases the father's desperation. The mothers cannot believe their luck that the farang fathers maintain an interest in the child after separation, since Thai fathers just disappear and have more children elsewhere, never caring what happened to previous batches.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 2

I guess there is absolutely no chance that the gun actually belonged to the Thai husband, and that the two Thai's are simply lying about what happened, knowing that the Norwegian can't currently tell his side of the story, and even when he can, it will be a foreigners word agaisnt 2 Thais - in Thailand :-)

Maybe the Norwegian is the bad guy, but in case he is not, the only thing that will save him is a certificate showing that the gun did in fact belong to the Thai guy. It is however likely that the gun is illegally obtained, and that it cannot be proved who owns it.

Agreed.

Early in this thread there is a pic of what purports to be "the" gun in a plastic bag. It appears to me to be blued. The FB picture show stainless steel guns of a different make.

IF the Thia police do their job, there should be fingerprints on each round left in the magazine of the involved gun, and on the magazine and other more hidden parts of the gun, proving who loaded it. Because the gun probably holds just 7 rounds, or 7+1, somewhere there is a box with the rest of the rounds in it. I wonder who has possession of that?

The lone picture I've seen of the gun so far has it in a plastic bag, but it looks for all the world like a 1911 style .45 and if so anyone is fortunate to survive two such hits from it. They do make that gun in 9mm but they aren't real common.

It wouldn't fire if dropped. There is a hammer block which requires pulling the trigger before the firing pin can strike the primer. There is also a grip safety on the back which requires that the grip be squeezed before it will fire. Otherwise the action is locked/blocked.

There is sarcasm about how it's safer to carry a gun. It is in the hands of a sane and experienced person.

What's dangerous is to pull it and display it as a threat. You never pull a gun or point it at something you don't plan to immediately shoot. The thing that disturbs me is that so far there is only one gun reported in evidence. I have no idea why either party felt the need to display a gun if the other was unarmed. We need the rest of the story.

The gun "automatically" fired could be loose translation that two people struggled for it and its nature would be to fire once every time the trigger is pulled if someone was holding the grip tightly. It's a semi-automatic. I can easily see it going off twice in a struggle.

If I had to take a WAG, and everyone else seems to have a license to do that, I'd guess that blued gun was made in the Philippines by Rock Island Armory. The Philippines is making some fine guns at affordable prices and fast building a reputation for value. Springfield/Rock Island... I'd need a better look at it though.

The stainless FB guns are totally different, although 1911 style.

I'm not hanging anyone. Even when we get the rest of the story from the BIB I'll question it.

Again, the gun in the plastic bag is not one of the FB guns.

We know nothing other than something dumbass occurred.

Edited by NeverSure

I guess there is absolutely no chance that the gun actually belonged to the Thai husband, and that the two Thai's are simply lying about what happened, knowing that the Norwegian can't currently tell his side of the story, and even when he can, it will be a foreigners word agaisnt 2 Thais - in Thailand :-)

Maybe the Norwegian is the bad guy, but in case he is not, the only thing that will save him is a certificate showing that the gun did in fact belong to the Thai guy. It is however likely that the gun is illegally obtained, and that it cannot be proved who owns it.

Agreed.

Early in this thread there is a pic of what purports to be "the" gun in a plastic bag. It appears to me to be blued. The FB picture show stainless steel guns of a different make.

IF the Thia police do their job, there should be fingerprints on each round left in the magazine of the involved gun, and on the magazine and other more hidden parts of the gun, proving who loaded it. Because the gun probably holds just 7 rounds, or 7+1, somewhere there is a box with the rest of the rounds in it. I wonder who has possession of that?

The lone picture I've seen of the gun so far has it in a plastic bag, but it looks for all the world like a 1911 style .45 and if so anyone is fortunate to survive two such hits from it. They do make that gun in 9mm but they aren't real common.

It wouldn't fire if dropped. There is a hammer block which requires pulling the trigger before the firing pin can strike the primer. There is also a grip safety on the back which requires that the grip be squeezed before it will fire. Otherwise the action is locked/blocked.

There is sarcasm about how it's safer to carry a gun. It is in the hands of a sane and experienced person.

What's dangerous is to pull it and display it as a threat. You never pull a gun or point it at something you don't plan to immediately shoot. The thing that disturbs me is that so far there is only one gun reported in evidence. I have no idea why either party felt the need to display a gun if the other was unarmed. We need the rest of the story.

The gun "automatically" fired could be loose translation that two people struggled for it and its nature would be to fire once every time the trigger is pulled if someone was holding the grip tightly. It's a semi-automatic. I can easily see it going off twice in a struggle.

If I had to take a WAG, and everyone else seems to have a license to do that, I'd guess that blued gun was made in the Philippines by Rock Island Armory. The Philippines is making some fine guns at affordable prices and fast building a reputation for value. Springfield/Rock Island... I'd need a better look at it though.

The stainless FB guns are totally different, although 1911 style.

I'm not hanging anyone. Even when we get the rest of the story from the BIB I'll question it.

Again, the gun in the plastic bag is not one of the FB guns.

We know nothing other than something dumbass occurred.

Behind his left arm on the counter behind him, is a blue box that is the approximate size of a ammo box, with 45

written on the front of it......

• Like 1

"KHAMPHAENG PHET – January 27, 2013 [PDN]; at 12 p.m., a report of a man being shot and injured "

"During questioning, Mr. Manoonsak said he had been sleeping in the bedroom on the third floor with his wife, whom he recently married. She was identified as Ms. Piyathida Singreuang, age 34, the owner of the restaurant downstairs".

Some questions of my learned friend m'lud.

1. Where were these people when this incident happened? Kamphaeng Phet province or Nakhon Sawan province?

2. Why were Mr Manoonsak and his wife in the sack at noon?

3. Why wasn't she cooking food downstairs in her restaurant?

Re your questions:-

1. Why is it relevant?

2. Why is it relevant?

3. Why is it relevant?

or more to the point, if as the 'news' article states, the report was received at noon, how do you reckon they were still in bed at noon?

I have been in bed with a woman at noon? Actually I will bed a woman any time of the day.

@ Eyeswideopen

The link in the OP states that it was a 9mm used.

Not sure what's in the red box next to the blue one that says 45 though.

Noted ..Thanks :-) Original post says it was a 9mm as you say, but one of the posters here, Neversure, seemed to think the gun

in the bag was a 45. So not sure who is right. I am fairly familiar with guns but I could not identify the gun in the bag.

Well after the Norwegion bought the restaurant and the residence in her name, yes dump him, what can he do, happens all the time withe these idiots thinking they are living the dream. Most all Thai women have a 2nd, 3rd option going on.......

• Like 2

Well after the Norwegion bought the restaurant and the residence in her name, yes dump him, what can he do, happens all the time withe these idiots thinking they are living the dream. Most all Thai women have a 2nd, 3rd option going on.......

is so true , how can this men be so naive with this thai womens, is stories every day about this !! Fall in love is one ting, but i would never sign a ting to my women thai or western one for any reason.Go what you came with and bye bye , Next please..

• Like 1

<p>

Raise the bar a little. You'll find "most all" Thai women do nothing of the sort.
  • Like 2

If you read the full story from the link, it is badly written but it is nonetheless pretty obvious that what is posted in TV is just the the couple's version of events which the police say they don't believe. The Norwegian looks as if he was unconscious in the pics and his statement had probably not yet been provided. It seems more likely the the gun was illegally owned by the mother's new live in Thai lover and that he produced it to threaten the farang who grabbed it and they tussled over it. In the mele the Thai squeezed off two shots. No independent medical evidence is provided for the mother's claim that the daughter was sick. If true and notified in advance, perhaps the father might have postponed his trip. In such cases the mother is usually using the child as a pawn to try to squeeze more money out of the father and using any excuse to withhold the child increases the father's desperation. The mothers cannot believe their luck that the farang fathers maintain an interest in the child after separation, since Thai fathers just disappear and have more children elsewhere, never caring what happened to previous batches.

Well, I guess that pretty well sums it up -- all Thai men are low-life dead-beats... sick.gif

Well, I guess that pretty well sums it up -- all Thai men are low-life dead-beats... sick.gif

Not sure about the low life part, but they sure seem pretty quick to bail out when a child is born....I just asked my girlfriend what percent of children in her village in Isan were being raised with a Thai father in the house. She thought for a minute, and said about 5 percent....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

the trigger could have conceivably been pulled twice by accident during the struggle.

As the writing on these pattaya 'news' sources is notoriously poor i suspect the 'automatic' discharge of the gun was more a result of lousy word choice than anything else.

the fact that the moron was shot with his own gun while trespassing to destroy someone else's property certainly suggests the thai was defending his home.

Dont you mean the Falangs X home!

Always change your will when you leave your ''special'' girlfriend!

Dont you mean the Falangs X home!

Always change your will when you leave your ''special'' girlfriend!

was it the farangs home?

But did he buy the business and residence? I would say it is a small percentage who would have a 2nd and 3rd option not most thai women. I know quite a lot of thai/farang relationships and they are normal happily married people with children that you would find anywhere in the world. I must say tho they wives aren't ex/ prostitutes from the bars. Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

As a fellow Norwegian I do not feel sorry for him at all. He asked for it , just carrying a gun in Thailand is not very intelligent .

Lesson learned I hope , When he recovers he should go back to Norway and learn how to control his temper.

Why does a farang need a gun in Thailand first of all and why the f*** is a father taking a gun into the home of his daughter??? I don't say he deserves it, but i don't have too much pitty...

Read the threads on guns. Its a lot safer to have a gun, so the argument goes. w00t.gif

Yep, exactly as this story so ably proves! laugh.png

To Northman7, it is very good of you to post some background about your friend, and I agree that the speculation about this story is potentially way off the mark.

If what you say about this chap is true, it certainly is very weird that any person, knowing they have an anger problem, would bring a gun to collect his daughter, so that part has a big question mark.

Many years ago my ex wanted to buy a gun and keep it in the house as I was often overseas travelling and she said she could use it to protect herself and the kids. I point blank refused to allow it. Any gun could end up in the wrong hands - imagine if your young child somehow found or got hold of a gun and was playing, not realising that it was not a toy, and shot someone, or worse, shot themselves.

Accidents do happen, and with a gun, just one accident could easily be you or your child's last.

I actually tend to think that maybe the ex-wifes new husband had the gun - many Thai's, like my ex, do think its a good idea to have one to protect themselves - no thought of the potential dangers at all.

Edited by Greer

@ Eyeswideopen

The link in the OP states that it was a 9mm used.

Not sure what's in the red box next to the blue one that says 45 though.

Noted ..Thanks :-) Original post says it was a 9mm as you say, but one of the posters here, Neversure, seemed to think the gun

in the bag was a 45. So not sure who is right. I am fairly familiar with guns but I could not identify the gun in the bag.

Yes, I said it looks like a 1911 style 45, and immediately added that they make that gun in 9mm. Because of the plastic bag I'm not sure what it is. The grip reminds me of a Philippines made Rock Island Armory but I can't be sure. There's no angle to see the barrel to tell the difference between .45 ACP and 9mm Luger.

What I do know is that the gun in the bag, the purported shooter, is blued steel and has a 4" barrel. The FB pics are of stainless steel guns. Of the two FB guns, one is a 1911 style .45 ACP with a 6" barrel, and the other (on our left) is an Italian made Beretta 92 FS in 9mm Luger. There is ammo with the FB pic but I don't see any with the shooter.

If the BIB do their job, the story will be told. Powder would tell who was holding the gun. Location of a box of ammo matching exactly, even production marks, would tell who had the rest of the ammo. Production machinery puts marks from its own imperfections in the brass and the bullets. Powder can be matched even after burned. If someone lied and said there was a struggle for the gun but the shot was from ten feet away, powder burns or lack thereof could make a liar of someone. The burning powder makes a small ring close up, but it expands and thins with distance, and the distance can be quite accurately estimated.

There should be fingerprints on each cartridge left in the mag, and on the mag itself, showing who loaded the gun. There's a lot more.

I don't know if the BIB actually bothers.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1