We All Have Seen The 7-11 Drinking But Whats With Friendship Supermarket Drinking

lemoncake

@lemoncake

I have seen plenty of guys drinking here in front of houses (on the sidewalk) and on little tables near shops. This is in the outskirts of BKK not a white face in sight but mine. Just an average village. Thais don't really care about it seen Thais being too lazy to walk to the toilet an d urinate against a tree. Thais are not the model citizin that you think they are. It does depend of course who you are looking at but normal people not hi so will not have too much problems with this.

The bit richer guys walk with their giks / mia nois of half their age too they just do it a bit less conspicious and they know its a money thing. They don't fool themselves like some Westerners doo. Also Thais do visit or get hookers too, just look at all the "curtain" hotels there are even here where i live no foreigner in sight.

Seems more that you like to say what is normal and what is not, what is normal for one is not normal for an other. I have walked enough times with an ice tea or something sipping it while walking. (sorry don't drink alcohol) Now i wonder what other sins i have committed in your eyes. I say live and let live, I bet you the Russians are 10 times worse anyway.

in all your examples are of people on the outskirts NOT in the heart of the city.

also all your examples are of people drinking outside their homes with friends around the table

friendship supermarket is in the heart of the city, NOT on the outskirts, there are no tables and no food is served, not to mention its day time.

I live in a Thai area, a house with no bars or condo's insight, 7-11 on one side of the soi and family mart on the other.

Not even once i have seen any thai sitting or standing outside either of the stores day time drinking. In the evening some food sellers set up tables and chairs and yes then have people sitting, eating and drinking, but thats a totally different matter.

If you think day time drinking in public place in the heart of the city is acceptable behavior, then all the power to you

Lemoncake just because you and those Thais have to work during the day does not mean others have too. For you its.. outskirts and time. You forget that Pattaya is one big party place where things are much more accepted.

I seriously think your making a mountain out of a molehill. Also i think you love looking down at people who do not follow your rules or have your amount of money.

• Like 1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost forgot to add, at the fishing lakes that i go to Thais consume enormous amounts of alcohol all sitting at tables and little huts there. I been there early in the morning a few time and saw them take away all the bottles in a wheel barrel. Somehow i doubt that kind of people (normal average people) would mind it much if you were drinking your beer in front of a 711

what does a fishing lake have to do with day time drinking at a shopping mall?

If you want to compare the 2, perhaps comparing fishing lake to a bar on the beach would be much more appropriate, do not you think?

It just shows the drinking culture in Thailand and they will put many a farang to shame. Next thing your saying i can't drink an ice tea in a shopping center that i just bought.. or heaven forbid eat something that i bought in a 711.

Are those guys that you observe drunk and obnoxious or just minding their own business and sipping on a beer. I often drink what i have bought in a 711 or wherever in a shopping mall. I even buy ice creams and walk around eating them instead of sitting down.

If the guys are drunks and causing trouble.. yes get rid of them. If they are just sipping on their beers doing nothing wrong.. what is the whole problem.

@lemoncake

I have seen plenty of guys drinking here in front of houses (on the sidewalk) and on little tables near shops. This is in the outskirts of BKK not a white face in sight but mine. Just an average village. Thais don't really care about it seen Thais being too lazy to walk to the toilet an d urinate against a tree. Thais are not the model citizin that you think they are. It does depend of course who you are looking at but normal people not hi so will not have too much problems with this.

The bit richer guys walk with their giks / mia nois of half their age too they just do it a bit less conspicious and they know its a money thing. They don't fool themselves like some Westerners doo. Also Thais do visit or get hookers too, just look at all the "curtain" hotels there are even here where i live no foreigner in sight.

Seems more that you like to say what is normal and what is not, what is normal for one is not normal for an other. I have walked enough times with an ice tea or something sipping it while walking. (sorry don't drink alcohol) Now i wonder what other sins i have committed in your eyes. I say live and let live, I bet you the Russians are 10 times worse anyway.

in all your examples are of people on the outskirts NOT in the heart of the city.

also all your examples are of people drinking outside their homes with friends around the table

friendship supermarket is in the heart of the city, NOT on the outskirts, there are no tables and no food is served, not to mention its day time.

I live in a Thai area, a house with no bars or condo's insight, 7-11 on one side of the soi and family mart on the other.

Not even once i have seen any thai sitting or standing outside either of the stores day time drinking. In the evening some food sellers set up tables and chairs and yes then have people sitting, eating and drinking, but thats a totally different matter.

If you think day time drinking in public place in the heart of the city is acceptable behavior, then all the power to you

Lemoncake just because you and those Thais have to work during the day does not mean others have too. For you its.. outskirts and time. You forget that Pattaya is one big party place where things are much more accepted.

I seriously think your making a mountain out of a molehill. Also i think you love looking down at people who do not follow your rules or have your amount of money.

Thank you for your psychoanalysis of me,

So now you saying that "those Thai's" who work day time are in the wrong place? so now working day time is wrong, but not working and drinking day time at shopping mall is acceptable and is the way of every day life in Thailand?

Correct me if i am wrong, but do you not live in Bangkok? and since when do you know what is the way of life in Pattaya? Why do not you come and live here for a while, move away a few blocks from the red light zone and see what Pattaya is.

I can assure you it is no different to any other city in the world.

I almost forgot to add, at the fishing lakes that i go to Thais consume enormous amounts of alcohol all sitting at tables and little huts there. I been there early in the morning a few time and saw them take away all the bottles in a wheel barrel. Somehow i doubt that kind of people (normal average people) would mind it much if you were drinking your beer in front of a 711

If you want to compare the 2, perhaps comparing fishing lake to a bar on the beach would be much more appropriate, do not you think?

It just shows the drinking culture in Thailand and they will put many a farang to shame. Next thing your saying i can't drink an ice tea in a shopping center that i just bought.. or heaven forbid eat something that i bought in a 711.

It does not show anythingrolleyes.gif

Drinking culture in Thailand is NOT to drink alone at shopping mall or 7-11 store before lunch time, if it was, there would have been locals drinking at the supermarkets, 7-11 stores and everywhere else

Are those guys that you observe drunk and obnoxious or just minding their own business and sipping on a beer. I often drink what i have bought in a 711 or wherever in a shopping mall. I even buy ice creams and walk around eating them instead of sitting down.

If the guys are drunks and causing trouble.. yes get rid of them. If they are just sipping on their beers doing nothing wrong.. what is the whole problem.

now you just trolling, but you know that already.

@lemoncake

Thank you for your psychoanalysis of me,

So now you saying that "those Thai's" who work day time are in the wrong place? so now working day time is wrong, but not working and drinking day time at shopping mall is acceptable and is the way of every day life in Thailand?

Correct me if i am wrong, but do you not live in Bangkok? and since when do you know what is the way of life in Pattaya? Why do not you come and live here for a while, move away a few blocks from the red light zone and see what Pattaya is.

I can assure you it is no different to any other city in the world.

I sometimes come to Pattaya and have been in Thailand long enough to know what is acceptable and what is not. These guys are doing nothing wrong, just in your eyes. I could understand it if they were causing trouble and stuff like that. But just sipping a beer, wow what a crime. What is the difference between sipping a ice tea and sipping a beer in front of a stop (I am talking here about people who are not dead drunk and causing trouble).

Most foreigners are retired here, even my dad when he is on a holiday here will take a beer early in the day if its hot. So why the problems over when someone drinks.

Obviously you seem to want to judge everyone by your standards, have fun judging people most normal people thank god don't think like you. I asked some Thai about this, they said are they causing problems.. i said no just drinking a bit and looking.. reaction then its none of our business.

You are the one with a problem.. not Thais.

Went fishing with friends.. on a weekday.. at 10 in the morning they started on the whiskey . I think you really don't associate with the normal people.

Edited by robblok

I can see many have been sucked in to try and have a reasonable argument with fruitcake Whoops I meant Lemoncake! At least it took him until post 126 to accuse someone who dissagrees with him of being a Troll, But as usual many insults like lack of education, lower class, etc etc

LOL. So many times I've stopped at a 711 to buy a non-alcoholic drink which I consume outside the door. I had better be careful who's watching lest I'm labelled a cheap charlie by some Farang with a superior attitude LOL.

Just kill the thread Rimmer lad. Its pointless. Its as genuine as a fake Rotarian in one of the Pattaya papers...

If they "killed" pointless threads you'd be a bit short on reading material. I don't click on threads which don't interest me. Considering the title of this thread was self-explanatory, why did you click? Posts complaining about threads are the most pointless of all.

Just kill the thread Rimmer lad. Its pointless. Its as genuine as a fake Rotarian in one of the Pattaya papers...

If they "killed" pointless threads you'd be a bit short on reading material. I don't click on threads which don't interest me. Considering the title of this thread was self-explanatory, why did you click? Posts complaining about threads are the most pointless of all.

The thread itself was mildly interesting until it became obvious it was a load of cobblers....

I'd actually say that posts moaning about posts moaning about posts (such as yours) are even more pointless...??

The thread itself was mildly interesting until it became obvious it was a load of cobblers....

I'd actually say that posts moaning about posts moaning about posts (such as yours) are even more pointless...??

You're here just to moan when it was obvious that the thread was rather pointless just from the title. What did you expect from it? It's a light hearted thread without any particular point. Perhaps you should apply for a job as a moderator?

Actually have never seen these absolutely discusting lowlifes..

...just wondering ..is it still the custom for the suits to stand on the sidewalk outside London pubs?..guess since they wear suits and drink imported lagers.they must be superior human beings? location location location?

Would it still be a problem to our judgement police if the guys sucking back a beer were 20 something hard bodies,used pewter jugs and wore designer golf shirts and shorts with top-siders. What about if they were drinking diet soda?

I think it is discusting that school children are allowed to hang out outside convenience stores eating ice-cream,drinking sodas and laughing..ought to be a law....smile.png

Don't like to kill off threads guys, as Tropo says if we killed off any or all pointless threads then we will get mighty short of stuff to discuss.

As long as we can keep it friendly and discuss nicely I think we can keep it going smile.png

Ah! Right! So just because you've never seen something, it doesn't exist....? in spite of the fact that plenty of people posting here have seen Thais drinking on the streets?

You probably are living in a different Thailand to others....it sure sounds like it juding from your posts....

Right, so if urinating in the middle of the street is acceptable in some village because they do not have toilets or can not be bothered to find one, it must be acceptable in a developed city?

Good to see you have what is appropriate and what is not in check

Another thing that I see quite often is Thai men stopping their cars and urinating on the side of the road, when nature calls....