We All Have Seen The 7-11 Drinking But Whats With Friendship Supermarket Drinking

lemoncake

Perhaps thats the problem you see no relevance to self respect, i do not think you even understand the meaning of the word.

I've yet to see any problem except the one you've so far identified: your own unhappiness.

What I do see as relevant to self-respect is trolling on an internet forum, deriding posters, and calling them names as you've been doing. I trust a mod will soon administer some therapy for you.

• Like 2

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps thats the problem you see no relevance to self respect, i do not think you even understand the meaning of the word.

I've yet to see any problem except the one you've so far identified: your own unhappiness.

What I do see as relevant to self-respect is trolling on an internet forum, deriding posters, and calling them names as you've been doing. I trust a mod will soon administer some therapy for you.

i admire your observation, only i am not the one calling namesrolleyes.gif

No doubt those getting drunk at 7-11 and friendship also do not see a problem, its the rest of the people who have a problem

No doubt those getting drunk at 7-11 and friendship also do not see a problem, its the rest of the people who have a problem

A Miracle in Foodland or is it Friendship

post-60852-0-49656000-1359962773_thumb.j

A Miracle in Foodland or is it Friendship

clap2.gifcheesy.gif this is friendship the back section

Lets not forget the high rollers in town, a big Chang with a straw and go for a perv up and down WS.

Oh yes! I saw one while I was perving perambulating down Soi 6 the other day. Shades tipped back on his head, scoping the tarts languidly while sipping his CAN of Chang through a long straw. Dead hansum he was.

Were you walking past a mirror? smile.png

Funny. I went to Friendship yesterday and indeed saw a total of 5 guys drinking beer outside.

It turned out to be my worst visit to Friendship ever though. There was limited power in the shop and, to top it off, the security guard at the entrance had apparently received new orders and was forcing people to check in their bags at the bag deposit counter. Nothing better when you go to a supermarket than to have a security guy shout at you "Hey you!!! Bag!! Here!!!!"

Funny. I went to Friendship yesterday and indeed saw a total of 5 guys drinking beer outside.

It turned out to be my worst visit to Friendship ever though. There was limited power in the shop and, to top it off, the security guard at the entrance had apparently received new orders and was forcing people to check in their bags at the bag deposit counter. Nothing better when you go to a supermarket than to have a security guy shout at you "Hey you!!! Bag!! Here!!!!"

They have had this rule for as long as i can remember, perhaps even more so yesterday because of the power failure, as the camera's were down and was little dark inside.

When I'm sitting in front of a supermarket either two things have happened.

I've travelled back in time to when I was 17.

Or it's seriously time to assess my life and what is happening in it.

Or you are rebelling against the nanny state, its certainly worth a trip to have $1 beer laugh.png

cbrer fails to mention that his idea of a big night out is to sit in work till midnight, alone, drinking and watching television on an internet connection.

He also thinks that drinking in bars is for under 30's only, so there are not many drinking habits that he would approve of.

When I'm sitting in front of a supermarket either two things have happened.

I've travelled back in time to when I was 17.

Or it's seriously time to assess my life and what is happening in it.

Or you are rebelling against the nanny state, its certainly worth a trip to have $1 beer laugh.png

cbrer fails to mention that his idea of a big night out is to sit in work till midnight, alone, drinking and watching television on an internet connection.

He also thinks that drinking in bars is for under 30's only, so there are not many drinking habits that he would approve of.

but his work might be in the barwink.png

As I said, there are plenty of beach resorts in California, Italy, Malaysia and even in Thailand where all the mainstream rules and 'good manners' are followed to a fault. So if you don't like it, why would you precisely come to the very one place that is known the world over for being the headquarters of those who just don't give a shit? biggrin.png

Seems some people want to take advantage of the freedom and cheapness here, but without letting go of their good-white-boy's moralizing stances for a while.

Get over it and enjoy the trashiness. It's part of the scenery smile.png

sorry remind me again where and when you see locals drinking cheap beer at 7-11? so hence its not the norm, what makes you think its ok?

it is not ok to walk or ride around shirtless, yet no doubt you also think its cool.

I often see locals sitting outside my local 711 in Bangna drinking beer, nothing wrong with it in my eyes but not something I personally would do.

Do not see any Thai's hanging out side friendship or 7-11 drinking the cheap beer, so i guess it may not be as cool as you like to believe.

I see it here (in Samut Prakan/Suwannaphum) on a daily basis...

I used to live in Pattaya and would often sit and have a roadside beer with Thais, especially those who were down for a weekend, looking for a good time.

To be honest, while I vaguely see your point, I do wonder why you choose to live in Pattaya where such sights are common if it offends you so. Go upcountry and then you can vent your spleen at the old boys sitting outside the local store sipping their lao khao from the red bull botles...

Edited by HeavyDrinker

There was a power cut yesterday, blacked out South Pattaya Road, including most shops and Centre Condo, traffic lights etc. That is possibly why the there was limited power (using a generator?) and the security staff were trying to reduce pilering duriung a period of low light levels.

Only i never said it was NOT an addiction? the only comment i made in regards to addiction is being "disgusting"

Yes it may contribute to heart disease and lung cancer, but so can alcohol, too much caffeine, prescription drugs, strong sun, and list goes on.

http://www.patient.c...g-The-Facts.htm

I might have a beer outside a 7-11 or a supermarket every now and then - but I'm not stupid enough to be a smoker.

Oh and by the way, BAT are a 64 Billion GBP company.

64 billion.... christ..... when you see what they cost to make thats a hell of a lot of ciggies... then with the MASSIVE tax on them your talking hundreds of billions.... imagine if EVERY smoker quit.... the exchequer would go broke in the UK alone....then hundreds of thousands of jobs lost etc.....not condoning smoking but the hypocracy irks me a lot

Do not see any Thai's hanging out side friendship or 7-11 drinking the cheap beer, so i guess it may not be as cool as you like to believe.

I see it here (in Samut Prakan/Suwannaphum) on a daily basis...

I used to live in Pattaya and would often sit and have a roadside beer with Thais, especially those who were down for a weekend, looking for a good time.

To be honest, while I vaguely see your point, I do wonder why you choose to live in Pattaya where such sights are common if it offends you so. Go upcountry and then you can vent your spleen at the old boys sitting outside the local store sipping their lao khao from the red bull botles...

Lao Khao now comes in red bull bottles?

^

Always been, all over Thailand, in M-150 bottles also.

Obviously the geezer isn't as close to everyday Thailand as he likes to think...

Maybe he should hang out at Friendship or 7-11 more.....

is that why you do not know the difference between m-150 and red bull?rolleyes.gif i suppose after a while its all the samelaugh.png

But you are right though, i am not as close to everyday alcoholics as perhaps yourself, i prefer to surround myself with people who are doing things and going places

Edited by lemoncake

i see so many indicating class differences about where they drink.... as long as you behave in a reasonable way why should it matter where?... Dont bring the western culture class differences here... what you see is what you get.... just be polite to the best of ones ability and go with the flow.... if things annoy you then head back off to swampy.... nobody is forcing you to stay but being over opinonated wont get you any sympathy..... take it or leave it...... we falangs are guests whether we like it or not

i see so many indicating class differences about where they drink.... as long as you behave in a reasonable way why should it matter where?... Dont bring the western culture class differences here... what you see is what you get.... just be polite to the best of ones ability and go with the flow.... if things annoy you then head back off to swampy.... nobody is forcing you to stay but being over opinonated wont get you any sympathy..... take it or leave it...... we falangs are guests whether we like it or not

what are you talking about? is 7-11 or friendship a Thai drinking culture? despite what some like to claim, i do not see Thai's sitting around 7-11 or supermarkets drinkingrolleyes.gif i must be living in a different Thailand to some people.

Some 7-11. have eating stools, and some would sit and drink there, but i am yet to see a Thai just to stand or sit outside 7-11 and drink beer.

Whats next? walking around with your fat gut out is an acceptable behavior for Thailand? Though apperantely it is, so as driving shirtless and even after being fined by police, they still do not grasp it and head over to police station SHIRTLESS to pay the fine and wonder why police kicks them out.

• Like 1

what are you talking about? is 7-11 or friendship a Thai drinking culture? despite what some like to claim, i do not see Thai's sitting around 7-11 or supermarkets drinkingrolleyes.gif i must be living in a different Thailand to some people.

Some 7-11. have eating stools, and some would sit and drink there, but i am yet to see a Thai just to stand or sit outside 7-11 and drink beer.

Whats next? walking around with your fat gut out is an acceptable behavior for Thailand? Though apperantely it is, so as driving shirtless and even after being fined by police, they still do not grasp it and head over to police station SHIRTLESS to pay the fine and wonder why police kicks them out.

I agree falangs do the most disrespectful things on many occasions and if they get fined or kicked out so be it.....as for the drinking outside 711 or even Friendship... Its not uncommon to see Thais Drinking in public. ..hahahh any opportunity to get Lao kao into them and in more rural areas where I live they are hammered by 8 am....but thats the way it goes....I dont have a problem with it... You see many falangs wandering along Soi Buakhow bottle in hand and its never going to stop short of Police coming down on them

Its just that there is a larger as normal proportion of the foreigners here that are alcoholic or semi alcoholic. Some have enough money to go to the more expensive joints others can't afford it. Its like drug users some go to clubs some end up on the street.

Nothing wrong with that anyone should be free to do this as long as he does not bother others. I am all for free drug use.

You can't even tolerate a few people drinking outside a supermarket but you are defending your right to own a dog breed that can kill ? rolleyes.gif

Ah! Right! So just because you've never seen something, it doesn't exist....? in spite of the fact that plenty of people posting here have seen Thais drinking on the streets?

You probably are living in a different Thailand to others....it sure sounds like it juding from your posts....

Ah! Right! So just because you've never seen something, it doesn't exist....? in spite of the fact that plenty of people posting here have seen Thais drinking on the streets?

You probably are living in a different Thailand to others....it sure sounds like it juding from your posts....

My neighbours who are even by Thai standards low so do drink outside. Probably because there are too many to fit in the house. I have seen Thais drink on the street but usually with some friends sitting in front of a shop.

You can't even tolerate a few people drinking outside a supermarket but you are defending your right to own a dog breed that can kill ? rolleyes.gif

Your point? Mosquito can kill, so can a speeding car

Right, so if urinating in the middle of the street is acceptable in some village because they do not have toilets or can not be bothered to find one, it must be acceptable in a developed city?

Good to see you have what is appropriate and what is not in check

Right, so if urinating in the middle of the street is acceptable in some village because they do not have toilets or can not be bothered to find one, it must be acceptable in a developed city?

Good to see you have what is appropriate and what is not in check

You really are uptight aren't you!!! Or do you you just like an argument?? The old adage about arguing with some people, is like wrestling with a pig in mud,,,,,,sooner or later you'll realise the pig is enjoying it!!!whistling.gif

Nobody (apart from yourself) has tried to compare having a beer in public and outdoors (heaven forbid, shock, horror, imagine the embarassment it could bring on fellow foreigners) with urinating in the street!!!clap2.gif

What is the big deal with having a beer in public??? Jesus, have you seen half (or any) of the things that go on in this city??? It's not exactly Provence is it??

Who really cares, or finds it mildly important or annoying if some folks want to save a few Baht whilst having a chat over a beer or two outside a 7-11, Family Mart, Friendship, Foodland, or elsewhere for that matter, if that's what they enjoy, as long as they're not hurting anyone?? They aren't breaking the law are they??

• Like 2