Message Notifications

jbrain

I've quite a few times in the past few weeks or months that pm notifications at the top of the page come through with a big delay.

Today I was expecting a reply to a pm I sent yesterday, and however I've been online for more than an hour, made several posts and refreshed the page umpteen times, there is no notification forthcoming.

I went to my messenger and discover that the message I expected was sent 39 minutes earlier, but still no notification.

In previous occasions I've noticed a delay of as much as 8 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you set your notifications to "immediately"?

I actually don't see an option to set PM notifications to immediate. I see that option in Topics and Posts, but not for PM's.

I also can add that PM notifications I always get in duplicate, but not so for other notifications

PM notifications are immedete, but you need to refresh your screen. Let's confirm that you browse thaivisa with web browser, not via mobile web or mobile app.

I always use a desktop web browser, and when online refresh the screen at least every 5 minutes since I prefer to browse through the " New content " page to read TV.

So between the message was sent and the time I noticed it by going to my messenger, I must have refreshed the page at least 10 times.I was already online prior to the message sent.

The message which I mention that had 8 hours delay, was a PM with several participants and there had been several replies throughout the day from all the participants, yet I received only the original notification at the end of the day when the conversation was actually closed already.

Just had a look at my messenger and noticed that there were 2 converstations in which I was invited to participate, one with a moderator as participant and with several replies in both converstaion, but I hadn't received any notification. Both conversations were started 2 days ago.

The reason I went to my messenger was that I considered it strange that a member who started a conversation with me on 22 January hadn't responded to my reply yet.

I noticed that he hadn't read the conversation yet however he has been online every day since my reply to him on 23 January.So probably he also hasn't received a notification.