Non Immigrant O By Marriage In London

I have searched the forum for this but cannot find a post that would answer the question.

I need to renew my Non Immigrant O (by marriage) at the Embassy in London. I have forgotten what documents they require. On their website the Embassy advices (http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49):

• Visa Application form completely filled out
  • Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and its copy
  • Two (2) recent 2 x 2 inches photographs (taken within the past 6 months)
  • Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)

However, the Embassy in Singapore asks for a lot more:

http://www.thaiembas...a-o-thai-spouse

1. One completed and signed visa application form

2. One recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5cm)

3. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)

4. Copy of Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number date of entry

5. Copy of Marriage Certificate, Passport and Identity Card of Thai spouse

(Copies of documents must be signed by Thai Spouse)

6. Letter from Thai spouse

7. Bank Statement (at least 400,000 Baht)

Is the list on the London Embassy website correct or do they need more documents. In particular, is a Thai bank passbook sufficient to prove finances?

Thanks

Expect London will now require copy of spouse ID card (or passport) and perhaps home register as that seems to be a standard requirement most places for the last year or so but do not believe financials will be required if you have a UK passport - that seems to be a local requirement at Consulates near Thailand. As said it is normally easier to obtain from an honorary Consulate unless you are in London anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...

The Embassy in London is well known for being a bit of a disaster, why not try Hull, better and more information on their website, and better turnaround service.

Just want to say thank you for the advice to apply for the Non-O at Hull. I sent my passport by Fedex. It arrived Thursday morning and the passport and Non-O were received at my UK address on Friday.