Cabinet Approves Bt157M For Police To Keep Price-Pledging Scheme Transparent

webfact

The Cabinet has approved a budget of 157 million baht to be paid to police officials who are hired to watch for dodgy dealers taking part in the government's rice pledging scheme.

Just wondering. How can police officials by hired? Don't they have a full-time, paid-for job already?

• Like 1

The Cabinet has approved a budget of 157 million baht to be paid to police officials who are hired to watch for dodgy dealers taking part in the government's rice pledging scheme.

Just wondering. How can police officials by hired? Don't they have a full-time, paid-for job already?

No, no, no, they've been sent back home to learn rice quality, rice grading and how to evaluate moisture content by eye.

this OP has to be one of the most outrageous things I have ever read

Here is how I interpret this action by the authorities

We know the Police are corrupt and will accept backhanders to ignore certain activities

We know they cannot be trusted to do what we pay therm for

so

We'll give them the backhanders in the hope that they will not be bought by criminals

<deleted>

the mind boggles

I haven't read though every post here yet, have any of the usual suspects come up with an explanation as to why this is perfectly normal or even commendable?

I know that none of us is a smart as Thaksin (where is that sarcasm smiley anyway), but I really can't see that allocating that budget to inspect rice transaction makes any sense whatsoever.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This is hands down the all time bizarre news story I have ever seen on Thai Visa....

Please tell me this is not real, and it really is some sort of April Fools Day warm up story.

Have a seat. I have some news for you.

I know that we all like to have a dig, but seriously what other country in the world could provide this much free entertainment for the masses. I just love it and I love the way they are so openly corrupt. I actually write for an online new site, meebal, and sometimes I do write about the goings on here, unfortunately many of my readers ask me if I taking the pee or making stuff up.

It is tragic that Thailand is so corrupt, but it is their country and if they want to flush it down the toilet that's their business. We have already seen the government pushing back AEC for another year and in my opinion I can't ever see them joining - they just don't have the educated population required and with their nationalist sense of being the greatest nation on earth the AEC can surely only bring disenchantment and despair for the masses.

Anyway another dollar and another payment under the table - just gotta love it!

With your comment concerning the gravy train, most Thai women who mary a farang think that they are boarding the gravy train for life. Recently my Thai wife decided she would not work in the company business any more because ridding the gravy train, sleeping, eating, drinking and entertaining friends was more fun than working. Well, she is in for a surprise, the gravy train has come to the end of the line. I am about to inform her not let the door hit her in the ass on the way back to Esan. AMAZING GRAVY TRAIN! Have you had a similar experience?

The head of the Royal Thai Police announced to reporters today that there would be utter accountability over the THB 157 million granted to his department to ensure the transparency of the rice-pledging scheme. He made the statement at a ceremony for the unveiling of the Don Muang Tollway Traffic Police's latest patrol car.

7382423176_25b9600678_z.jpg

• Like 2

With your comment concerning the gravy train, most Thai women who mary a farang think that they are boarding the gravy train for life. Recently my Thai wife decided she would not work in the company business any more because ridding the gravy train, sleeping, eating, drinking and entertaining friends was more fun than working. Well, she is in for a surprise, the gravy train has come to the end of the line. I am about to inform her not let the door hit her in the ass on the way back to Esan. AMAZING GRAVY TRAIN! Have you had a similar experience?

I'm sure you are on your own here, I can't think of any other falang who has had a similar experience, must be a one off. whistling.gif

• Like 1

IT'S CALLED EXTRAORDINARY OVER TIME PAY !

I haven't read though every post here yet, have any of the usual suspects come up with an explanation as to why this is perfectly normal or even commendable?

I know that none of us is a smart as Thaksin (where is that sarcasm smiley anyway), but I really can't see that allocating that budget to inspect rice transaction makes any sense whatsoever.

Of course not... this is just another ROUTE for them to fill their pockets yet again... give a little of that amount to the BIB and the bal into their pockets something like 20% to BIB and 80% into my pocket ... very sinple maths here guys !

If I was AV right now I'd be asking the current adminisreation why they need to provide the police with additional funds to carry out a fundemental function they are already paid to do

am I missing something

if AV really wants to turn his political career around - he needs to start educating the Thai people about how wrong this shit is and explain it in a way that they understand......... to us western people it is obvious what is going on

somebody smart needs to step up and start exposing this shit, might take a while but the people will eventually reaise what's right and wrong through exposure and education, it is possible I believe - has AV got the balls - I don't know but someone in this corrupt society needs to take the lead and expose the truth to theses people before it's too late - come on AV step up

This is work outside the normal police budget for at least 120 police. Police forces all over the world would ask for extra funding in similar situations. Cant see what all the fuss is about. Who owns the pledging stations where the rice is taken. Maybe it them pesky rice exporters. Thaksins got a 'woody on' for those boys

Edited by backtonormal

This is work outside the normal police budget for at least 120 police. Police forces all over the world would ask for extra funding in similar situations. Cant see what all the fuss is about. Who owns the pledging stations where the rice is taken. Maybe it them pesky rice exporters. Thaksins got a 'woody on' for those boys

Please excuse me, back to ... eh ... uhm ... normal.

Extra budget is no problem, but the OP mentions 'being hired by third parties' which is somewhat less normal.

BTW Thaksin? Here you refer to the 'de facto' skyping ruler of Thailand ? What does he have to do with all this ?