Registering A New Branch Office

Norrad

My company currently has a single branch in Bangkok that I would like to make the HQ with branch offices around the country, starting in Koh Samui. I have found office space and would like to setup a new branch office there. What is the procedure and costs involved? How quick can the branch be up and running?

As the Company Headquarters are in Bangkok it is possible to add branches in Bangkok without having to travel to the Province where you plan on opening the new office. It requires three steps however, first the new address must be registered with the Department of Business Development and shareholders must be notified and a meeting held, then it would need to be added to the VAT registration at the Revenue Department and finally to your work permit at the Labor Office.

Total government fees would run around 1700 Baht for all three but it would require several trips to each office. Sunbelt Asia professional fees would be 9900 for all the paperwork, filing it and getting the documentation at the various offices. However, please note that there would be duty stamps to be pasted on the lease agreement, which will be total lease value divided by 1,000 Baht and courier fees to notify the shareholders.

The first step takes about a week, then adding it to the VAT should not take more than 2 days, finally adding it into your work permit can take up to a week. So in total budget around 20 working days per branch.

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]