Live Band In Bkk That Plays Good Rock?

7of9rocks

the band(s) that play in 5 Star (Soi Cowboy) aren't extremely polished but i almost always go there because there's a greater chance that they won't sing about one's achy, braky heart or country roads. they often play deep purple, hendrix, clapton, black sabbath, etc.

anyway, i'm always on the lookout for some other place like that. i'll be in town next week and i'm hoping (though i realize the odds aren't with me) that someone will be able to suggest a place that i haven't been to before.

not interested in a huge arena; a small venue would be perfect.

anyway, if you have any suggestions for a place that's fairly easy to get to, please let me know.

thank you.

Maybe check out the Rock Pub at BTS Ratchathevee, opposite of the Asia Hotel.

Usually they have some decent cover bands there, you emphasize on rock from old school to Linkin Park or U2.

Bamboo Bar on Soi 3 just north of Sukhumvit. I've been there on many occasions, and though I admit my intoxication may contribute to the quality of the music, you can no doubt hear some good songs and dance with some women.

I also enjoyed the Hillary Bar on Soi 4 (the one on the east side of the street, south of Morning Night Bar and north of the Hillary Bar on the west side of the street). I saw an Eminem cover band there (I know that may not be your style, but still, it was interesting to note) that did a darn good job. Of course, you can request the songs that may more suitable to your tastes.

Edited by ivan96822

Bamboo Bar on Soi 3 just north of Sukhumvit. I've been there on many occasions, and though I admit my intoxication may contribute to the quality of the music, you can no doubt hear some good songs and dance with some women.

I also enjoyed the Hillary Bar on Soi 4 (the one on the east side of the street, south of Morning Night Bar and north of the Hillary Bar on the west side of the street). I saw an Eminem cover band there (I know that may not be your style, but still, it was interesting to note) that did a darn good job. Of course, you can request the songs that may more suitable to your tastes.

Regarding the Bamboo Bar, I hope they have gone to a no smoking policy or at least improved the ventilation system. Smoke was so thick, you could cut it with a knife awhile back!

thanks for the suggestions guys; i've been to the bamboo bar and hillary's (will be sure to try again) but it's such a hit or miss deal. there were times when the group (usually from the Philippines) would be rocking and then switch to my Achy Breaky Heart! What an erection killer! Had drinks with the drummer during their break and he said what everyone knows: they gatta play to please the tourists and that's what a lot of tourists want :-(

there's a small bar in pat pong; don't remember the name but it's on a corner; they've got some decent groups.

i'm probably out of luck but when the beer gardens are on, the music can be pretty good. remember times square? they only draw a small crowd but they've had some good bands there.

not sure if i've been to the rock pub; i think i have but it was a while ago; will check it out.

thanks!

thanks for the suggestions guys; i've been to the bamboo bar and hillary's (will be sure to try again) but it's such a hit or miss deal. there were times when the group (usually from the Philippines) would be rocking and then switch to my Achy Breaky Heart! What an erection killer! Had drinks with the drummer during their break and he said what everyone knows: they gatta play to please the tourists and that's what a lot of tourists want :-(

there's a small bar in pat pong; don't remember the name but it's on a corner; they've got some decent groups.

i'm probably out of luck but when the beer gardens are on, the music can be pretty good. remember times square? they only draw a small crowd but they've had some good bands there.

not sure if i've been to the rock pub; i think i have but it was a while ago; will check it out.

thanks!

Dillo??

There are 2-3 OK music places in Patpong, cannot recall any names.

If I remember correctly one on the corner of Patpong 2 and the small soi

between Patpong 1 and 2.

Re Hillary in Soi 4. There are now 2 Hillary bars on the eastern side.

The "music" one is the 2nd Hillary on the eastern side when you walk down from Sukh.

Only the Rock Pub at BTS Ratchathevee plays that style all night. The bands aren't always that great.

A must see classic rock band is Big Boy Band. They play Wednesday night at Londoner. Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday at Titanium soi 22, and every Thurs Friday, Saturday at Admakers' Soi Ruam Rudee.

the band(s) that play in 5 Star (Soi Cowboy) aren't extremely polished but i almost always go there because there's a greater chance that they won't sing about one's achy, braky heart or country roads. they often play deep purple, hendrix, clapton, black sabbath, etc.

anyway, i'm always on the lookout for some other place like that. i'll be in town next week and i'm hoping (though i realize the odds aren't with me) that someone will be able to suggest a place that i haven't been to before.

not interested in a huge arena; a small venue would be perfect.

anyway, if you have any suggestions for a place that's fairly easy to get to, please let me know.

thank you.

Some rock bar/clubs on Ratchada Soi 4 towards the back down on SNOP side. Pretty Thai, more so than RCA but good music. Also been to a few random places around ekkamai / thong lor that throw up a rock band on weekends.

Only the Rock Pub at BTS Ratchathevee plays that style all night. The bands aren't always that great.

A must see classic rock band is Big Boy Band. They play Wednesday night at Londoner. Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday at Titanium soi 22, and every Thurs Friday, Saturday at Admakers' Soi Ruam Rudee.

Admakers is still open???

Aussie pub soi 11 has a rock band on some nights, quite good but same music every night kinda thing.

Some bars on Patpong as suggested have some great bands playing. I got up and smashed a metallica and bon jovi song back to back, felt good with a decent band not just karaoke.

Nice thread I am always on the look out for a good rock night.