Local Agencies To Set Up Knowledge Hub In Every Region Of Thailand

webfact

Local agencies to set up knowledge hub in every region of Thailand

BANGKOK, 1 February 2013 (NNT) -Local agencies and the government will set up knowledge hub in every region of the country in order to provide space for children to read and acquire knowledge.

The Thailand Knowledge Park (TK Park), the Prime Minister’s Office, and local municipalities have signed a deal to create TK Hubs in each region of Thailand.

The TK Park, which is located in Bangkok, was the first park established to encourage children to read and learn. The Park is aimed at leading the country towards a learning society and creating an alternative environment of learning especially for children and young people.

newsjs

In order to extend the learning society to other provinces, the government has agreed to set up more knowledge parks, generally known as TK Hubs, in Nakhon Ratchasima, Narathiwat, and Chiang Mai.

The move is expected to help reduce the learning gap between Bangkok kids and those in other provinces as well as prepare the nation for the ASEAN Economic Community.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-02-01 footer_n.gif

I do believe, really believe these people sit around and spend most of their time trying to think up more scams to extend the number of zeros in their bank account. As dcutman said this is she schools responsibility.

• Like 1

The TK Park, which is located in Bangkok, was the first park established

The move is expected to help reduce the learning gap between Bangkok kids and those in other provinces.

I seem to be missing something here as well.

Edited by dcutman

I do believe, really believe these people sit around and spend most of their time trying to think up more scams to extend the number of zeros in their bank account. As dcutman said this is she schools responsibility.

I doubt anybody can argue with that. Try and find any project (past or present) in Thailand that doesnt have a corruption scandal attached to it. Edited by dcutman
  • Like 1

I doubt anybody can argue with that. Try and find any project (past or present) in Thailand that doesnt have a corruption scandal attached to it.

That would be like betting on a three legged horse.
  • Like 1

It is not too often you hear "knowledge" and "Thailand" in the same sentence

Just check the web site - http://www.tkpark.or.th/eng/news_event

The first thing the should do at knowledge park is get the web people to learn

and 2nd language ... click English and it still stay Thai on most pages

How about Chinese? ........... More languages people learn the better

Then again ... I am dreaming

Just found the fees for this ... I am out ... double pricing as usual in Thailand

Membership Fees (New Members)

• Children and youth (under 25) and seniors (60 and over): 100 Baht/year
  • Adults (25-59): 200 Baht/year
  • Non-Thai nationals (A valid passport is required for registration): 400 Baht/year
  • Buddhist monks, persons with disabilities and those with social disadvantages are exempt
    from paying membership fees.

Membership Renewal Fees

• Children and youth (under 25) and seniors (60 and over): 70 Baht/year
  • Adults (25-59): 150 Baht/year
  • Non-Thai nationals: 300 Baht/year

Just found the fees for this ... I am out ... double pricing as usual in Thailand

• Non-Thai nationals (A valid passport is required for registration): 400 Baht/year
  • Buddhist monks, persons with disabilities and those with social disadvantages are exempt

Membership Renewal Fees

Well, they should learn where they can stick their "knowledge lark" and anywhere else with double standards on charging!!

Membership Renewal Fees

Other than you LuckyLew I am sure Thai parents are lined up all the way down the soi to pay more for something their kids should be getting in another public facility. tongue.png Did you happen to read last weeks story about how so few are utilizing the public libraries?beatdeadhorse.gif

I doubt anybody can argue with that. Try and find any project (past or present) in Thailand that doesnt have a corruption scandal attached to it.

That would be like betting on a three legged horse.

dam_n! I should have known not to bet on a horse named tricycle.blink.png Edited by dcutman
  • Like 1

If they start to teach English the people may have a chance to actually read how the rest of the world operates. What a crock of crap and what a stupid scheme this is.

When the teachers can't converse in the language they teach, the kids have no chance.

I agree the thai english teachers are not up to scratch. Here is an example of the home work my son was given last week. He was requires to write it out in english 20 times. "Them peoples eat the icecream all" I tried to speak to his english teacher but she has little to no english so it was pointless trying to communicate. My wife spoke to her and says, they teach english in a Thai style which is easier. I thought to myself <deleted>, this is pointless and will have no benifit for the students. A thai style of english is not going to help them outside of the Thai borders and they may as well drop the whole exercise.

Is this not what schools are for? Am I missing something Here?

NO you are rite on. Just another plan by the government to divert the attention of the public from the lack of education in the schools. Money spent on a good look toy with no substance. Money that could be spent in really teaching in the schools.

I was thinking of location and wondering where here in Chiang Mai they could set it up to benefit all kids in Chiang Mai not just the few who live close to it.

Lack of real education can lead Thailand into half baked ideas like this scheme.

A real education would not allow this kind of thinking.

If they start to teach English the people may have a chance to actually read how the rest of the world operates. What a crock of crap and what a stupid scheme this is.

When the teachers can't converse in the language they teach, the kids have no chance.

I agree the thai english teachers are not up to scratch. Here is an example of the home work my son was given last week. He was requires to write it out in english 20 times. "Them peoples eat the icecream all" I tried to speak to his english teacher but she has little to no english so it was pointless trying to communicate. My wife spoke to her and says, they teach english in a Thai style which is easier. I thought to myself <deleted>, this is pointless and will have no benifit for the students. A thai style of english is not going to help them outside of the Thai borders and they may as well drop the whole exercise.

Excuse me for mentioning your wifes comment-English,Thai style is easier----does not your wife speak English ??? and why you do not help her to understand, rather than accepting her reply. you seem to tolerate this attitude, and good luck to you, It bugs me how anyone can live with comments like this, why do you ??? Help your son fight this stupid attitude, and if you can give him a break and try to choose a school that will help him. Only my opinion, so please don't slag me for my comments.smile.png
  • Like 1

Excuse me for mentioning your wifes comment-English,Thai style is easier----does not your wife speak English ??? and why you do not help her to understand, rather than accepting her reply. you seem to tolerate this attitude, and good luck to you, It bugs me how anyone can live with comments like this, why do you ??? Help your son fight this stupid attitude, and if you can give him a break and try to choose a school that will help him. Only my opinion, so please don't slag me for my comments.smile.png

No intention to slag you my friend. The comment thai style comes from the teacher, not my wife she merely relayed it to me. My wife actually speaks fluent english having lived and studied abroad (Melb Aust) we actually met in Australia. We do not tolerate it and we shortly will be going to Aust for our sons education..
  • Like 1

Chooka, sorry for thinking it was your wifes comment, thats how I read it. Brilliant you are away for the good of your family education, good on ya mate.

How some teachers get a uni pass/deg in English, this teachers comment was sick and a poor excuse for her/his English. Chock Dee.

• Like 1

Surely Tinglish is a major world language ? laugh.png

• Like 1

Not forgetting, the correct answer is what the teacher says it is.

Example. A friends step daughter brings home homework on clothing, multi choice questionnaire with pictures. She asked my mate what is the correct answer?

The choices were jersey, jumper, pullover, and sweater. Now depending on your neck of the woods, all the answers are correct. So my mate being a Derbyshire lad with Yorkshire roots said "Jumper." She came home next day, and got marked down. The teacher wanted sweater, and told the girl, don't listen to Farang, they don't know English very well. 555

The teacher WANTED sweater ??? I know what the teacher wanted and it wasn't sweater, in Lincs we say she is as thick as pig S#it. but pullover for me everytime. Move the teacher to an active post.