Fiancee Wants Salary

mikemellow

I am wondering if it is normal for a Thai lady to require a salary to be engaged and also after marriage. My fiancée does not seem to appreciate that I pay for all her needs and also pay for travel that she would never experience without me or another boyfriend paying. She keeps telling me she is very concerned about her future and putting money into her bank. She is not asking for a lot maybe just 2,000 or 3,000 baht a month but I am concerned that this is opening the door to other future problems. She is threatening to go back to work which would take up most of her time as when she works she makes a very small salary that ends up taking up most of her time. Has anybody here had any similar experiences? I really do not know how to handle this problem that we have and when she starts in on me it is non stop nagging which drives me crazy. I could really use some help.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called pocket money, not salary..

2000 baht a month is not much if you intend to make her your permanent partner. But the nagging part...you better make your stand clear as the man of the house, or else the naggings' going to get worse. I am a woman too;)

As you're a woman wouldn't you have already walked away from someone with OP's attitude?

• Like 1

2000 baht a month is not much if you intend to make her your permanent partner. But the nagging part...you better make your stand clear as the man of the house, or else the naggings' going to get worse. I am a woman too;)

As you're a woman wouldn't you have already walked away from someone with OP's attitude?

NO she want a salary in addition to the pocket money I give to her and paying all the expenses ,,,, she wants to move money from my bank to her bank. Probably I think to give to the next boyfriend???

NO she want a salary in addition to the pocket money I give to her and paying all the expenses ,,,, she wants to move money from my bank to her bank. Probably I think to give to the next boyfriend???

Putting a positive spin on the situation maybe she needs to support members of her family/children, common in Thailand.

OP doesn't sound like an unreasonable man. Furthermore I will not walk away from my man just because of money issue.

Hmm...salary on top of pocket money does sound weird. From what you described she could be after $$ and not your love. Time to give a serious thought..

It sounds as if it was it at your insistence that she gave up work? If yes then it is only fair that you provide her with a small amount of pin money every month or week, how else is she supposed to buy her personal items. How does she know that after a period of time you dump her & she is left with nothing more than some travel experiences & a few gifts?

• Like 2

how much pocket money are you giving???

<deleted>?

You think she nags unrelentingly on this issue.

You think she wants an excessive amount of money for savings (a paltry 2,000 p/mo).

You Think she is probably trying to get this money to give to her next boyfriend.

Sounds like an excellent basis for successful marriage...

[Can't believe no one has suspected trollification yet.]

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe