Where I Can Find New Friends?

vicctor15

Hello!

Where can I find people for being friends or do something together? I mean make some beers, hang out, going to run or any other activity. I'm a Spanish guy, 27 years, that have came to living in BKK. But as u know when you move to any new place, u don't know so much people, u are a solitary man in this enormous city. So if anybody knows the way or any topic here, from other guys looking for the same, I'll glad to know it.

P.D: I don't know if this post it's posted correctly here.

Thank u!

• Like 2

google "la rueda salsa bangkok"

and/or

go to sukhumvit soi 11 on a weekend or any night really, walk down about 200 yards, and you will see a little street on your left side with an outdoor bar named Cheap Charlies. Alot of foreigners there, and it was the place my spanish friends loved to go visit.

Thank u for replying so fastly. I will try to these places, sounds better maybe Cheap Charlies, but also when I mean new friends, I'm not just looking Spanish people, also over all kind of countries, but just nice people.

Cheap Charlies better going there between afternoon-night? Or just night (starting or example 10pm)?

Thank u for replying so fastly. I will try to these places, sounds better maybe Cheap Charlies, but also when I mean new friends, I'm not just looking Spanish people, also over all kind of countries, but just nice people.

Cheap Charlies better going there between afternoon-night? Or just night (starting or example 10pm)?

I think that Kblaze is taking you for a ride and is NOT helping you at all. Cheap Charlie is the nick name for ordinary cheap englishmen I guess? Or maybe whatever nationality.... So I dont think that Kblaze was looking to help you out....sorry about that!!!

I think that the advise you got from craigt3365 is good one´s....

Good luck

Glegolo

Do you have any interests? At your age, you might wish to consider enrolling in a class at one of the universities.

It's a wonderful opportunity to meet some people a cut above the usual bar crowd. Plus, they are much better looking. wink.png

What kind of classes I can enroll in the universities here? Well the bar, it's the easiest.

Also I find www.meetup.com, a groups website for join people depending on the activities.

Khao San Rd is a good bet

Well Khao San it's another place but there are different kind of people than ones u can find in other areas. I think for finding friends there it's difficult, normally are foreigners travelling. This doesn't mean nothing, cause u can know people there or talk with anybody as I did.

Edited by vicctor15

Sorry but I think most of the advice here will not do you any good. Thailand isn't much of a networking country, compared to Korea, Singapore, etc. The expats will always say that people here are not what you would meet back home. Best bet is to make friends with the Thai girls first.. they will introduce you to other foreigners they know. A better option is to keep a close eye on the networking events. Mostly professional people and probably more normal.. if that is what you are looking for. http://www.bangkok-entrepreneurs.com/bangkoknetworking/

Yeah, I wouldn't just pop up at Cheap Charlies, never saw the attraction of that place.

Meetup.com is good. Lots of good groups with real interest, several business oriented. The right sports clubs, such as a foreigner heavy muay thai camps, BJJ or MMA club, Tennis, maybe Bangkok Raquet Club, a real Thai language class, non-degree student at Bangkok Uni/Thammasat/Chula even Ramkhamhaeng, meet people off the internet (Thaivisa not recommended lol), at work, facebook groups.

google "la rueda salsa bangkok"

and/or

go to sukhumvit soi 11 on a weekend or any night really, walk down about 200 yards, and you will see a little street on your left side with an outdoor bar named Cheap Charlies. Alot of foreigners there, and it was the place my spanish friends loved to go visit.

Jesus, Is the original Charlie still there or just the bar and someone who calls himslef Charlie? I was thinking about him tonight, I have not seen him in 23/24 yrs or so. When I was living in BKK way back I used to fly via Singers to the job and fly back in and always buy him and sell to him at my cost a 2 liter bottle of Johnny walker red and 2 cartons of Marlboro red. My cost was 940 Baht out of Singapore duty free back then.

Another option is to pick up cycling. Google "bangkok cycling" and join a tour or club. Basically look for events/activities that put groups of people who don't know each other together, like a Thai language class.

When I think about my earlier Cheap Charlies advice, that would be better if you went there with another person. Showing up by yourself and just starting conversations with people you don't know may not work out so well....

http://www.internations.org/

Good networking site. Movers and Shakers also does an event every so often.

Bangkok Young Professionals is a good networking function too.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/BYP-Bangkok-Young-Professionals-4657056/about

http://www.facebook.com/events/268566576550156/

A number of Chambers of Commerce have "Young Professional" networking functions too.

I meet the most interesting people in little corner bars around Sukhumvit.

I only really go out for a beer in the afternoon or early evening.

I love to watch the world go by in this area and we usually stay in soi 11.

I just mind my own business and enjoy the place for what it is.

Often there will be a farang doing the same thing and we get talking.

I have met the most interesting people like this and can spend several hours enjoying the tales that they have.

They come from all walks of life and countries and are in Thailand for many different reasons.

I am twice your age and maybe they just feel sorry for me but I have met some 100% nice people like this.

Cheap Charlies still has the same Charlie there and is a great place but it opens about 5PM and one time I had a camera bag stolen by a French man that I was talking to.

I meet the most interesting people in little corner bars around Sukhumvit.

I only really go out for a beer in the afternoon or early evening.

I love to watch the world go by in this area and we usually stay in soi 11.

I just mind my own business and enjoy the place for what it is.

Often there will be a farang doing the same thing and we get talking.

I have met the most interesting people like this and can spend several hours enjoying the tales that they have.

They come from all walks of life and countries and are in Thailand for many different reasons.

I am twice your age and maybe they just feel sorry for me but I have met some 100% nice people like this.

Cheap Charlies still has the same Charlie there and is a great place but it opens about 5PM and one time I had a camera bag stolen by a French man that I was talking to.

Interesting he changed his opening time, he use to open at 1 or 3pm before as I remember but it was 23 years or so ago.