Phuket To Penang - 1 Year Visa Application

I am Norwegian citizen living on transit visa in Phuket. After overstaying my visa nearly 2 months and tired of the monthly visa runs to Ranong, I've decided to go to the Thai embassy in Penang, Malaysia and apply for a 1 year visa. I plan to take the bus to Sadao and pay my overstay fine and proceed to Penang. Going with a late bus from Phuket, and head for the Thai embassy next morning. How long time do I have to wait before I can pick up my passport and go home? Is it ready next day or do I have to stay longer? Are there any other easier options than going down to Penang? How much do I have to pay for my 1 year visa? Is there any chance they would deny giving me the 1 year visa? I am a lawful person with no criminal record at all. My Thai partner and I opened a travel agency in Phuket last year, where I plan to work officially after I get my visa and a work permit. Would it support my applications if I brought any documents from our company? Also as I am currently overstaying my transit visa would I risk detention if the bus would be stopped at a police checkpoint? I tried to pay my overstay at the local immigration office here in Phuket but they said I can only do that if overstay is shorter than 10 days.

I am living and working in Phuket same as you.

For the application you will need some paper work from your company.

Apply there in the morning and pick up the next day afternoon.

1year muliple entry is 5000.-Baht. But I had a working permit already....

Good luck in Penang!

Gerd

[My Thai partner and I opened a travel agency in Phuket last year, where I plan to work officially after I get my visa and a work permit.]

I may be wrong but isn't travel agency one of the prohibited occupations for a foreigner.

Bapak

Thanks for your advice Gerd. I will apply for a single entry visa..2000 baht as I don't really need to travel much. As for me working in a travel agency I don't think that is one of the forbidden jobs for foreigners.. When I check a list a while back it was mainly manual jobs, like crafts etc..

Thanks for your advice Gerd. I will apply for a single entry visa..2000 baht as I don't really need to travel much. As for me working in a travel agency I don't think that is one of the forbidden jobs for foreigners.. When I check a list a while back it was mainly manual jobs, like crafts etc..

Watch out. They may conclude that you have been working without a visa. Why get a single entry visa. You'll have to do this all again in 3 months time. And yes, if the Immigration find you before you find them, then it is jail and deportation time for you ...and a declaration of persona non grata.