Freed Activist Ratree Arrives In Thailand

webfact

Freed activist Ratree arrives home

The Nation

30199234-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Nationalist activist Ratree Pipattanapaibul arrived at the Suvarnabhumi Airport on Friday night, hours after being released from a Cambodian jail earlier in the day.

Her flight from Phnom Penh arrived at the airport at about 10 pm.

newsjsShe was welcomed at the airport by her family and some 100 members of the Thai Patriots Network and Santi Asoke Buddhist sect. Many of them carried placards with messages welcoming her back to Thailand.

Ratree, imprisoned in Cambodia for trespassing in a military zone, had obtained pardon. In 2011, she was sentenced to six years in prison.

Veera Somkwamkid, head of the nationalist group who was arrested by the Cambodians along with Ratree, saw his eight years' imprisonment reduced by six months.

The pardon was granted to mark the cremation of late Cambodian king Norodom Sihanouk.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-02

The Kamer Rogue controlled Cambodian government has released a political prisoner. Thank God, but when will they release the other Thai political prisoner?

Political prisoner my arse. Just someone who doesn't pay attention too warnings or know how to use a GPS. No more no less.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

The Kamer Rogue controlled Cambodian government has released a political prisoner. Thank God, but when will they release the other Thai political prisoner?

Political prisoner my arse. Just someone who doesn't pay attention too warnings or know how to use a GPS. No more no less.

there is hardly a law against "not paying attention too warning and GPS skills".

Khmer Rouge government? Is that the one that was aided and supported by Thailand when Pol Pot was resident in Trat after the Vietnamese ousted his bloody regime? The government that was supported by the US and Thailand as the legitimate government of Cambodia even after evidence of genocide came to light?

That Khmer Rouge government?

• Like 1

Khmer Rouge government? Is that the one that was aided and supported by Thailand when Pol Pot was resident in Trat after the Vietnamese ousted his bloody regime? The government that was supported by the US and Thailand as the legitimate government of Cambodia even after evidence of genocide came to light?

That Khmer Rouge government?

Well if you read his post properly, you would have seen the word 'controlled'. Given that Hun Sen was a member of the Khmer Rouge, the statement is correct. Personally, I'd have used the word 'dictatorial'.

• Like 1

Well if you read his post properly, you would have seen the word 'controlled'. Given that Hun Sen was a member of the Khmer Rouge, the statement is correct. Personally, I'd have used the word 'dictatorial'.

I read the post properly.

You obviously don't know Hun Sen switched sides and was instrumental in removing the Khmer Rouge and their remnants during several coups and purges post Vietnamese invasion.

If anything, he's a Vietnamese puppet.

I read the post properly.

You obviously don't know Hun Sen switched sides and was instrumental in removing the Khmer Rouge and their remnants during several coups and purges post Vietnamese invasion.

If anything, he's a Vietnamese puppet.

Opportunist would be the right word

• Like 1

Great! Another fascist nut job back on the streets.

idiot or not, put in jail for years wasn't justified.....

While I can't disagree with you I can't help but wonder how she would have treated Cambodians deliberately entering Thailand illegally to push their nationalistic agenda. Still, yes, you are right…

there is hardly a law against "not paying attention too warning and GPS skills".

There is if you try and cross into another country without using the proper crossing then getting arsey saying that your still in Thailand. Like these brainiaks did.

Great! Another fascist nut job back on the streets.

idiot or not, put in jail for years wasn't justified.....

While I can't disagree with you I can't help but wonder how she would have treated Cambodians deliberately entering Thailand illegally to push their nationalistic agenda. Still, yes, you are right…

most probably the same unjustified jail term...but it doesn't make the Cambodian any better.

There is if you try and cross into another country without using the proper crossing then getting arsey saying that your still in Thailand. Like these brainiaks did.

tell me if you cross from USA to Canada and claim you are still in USA, for how many years you'll be in jail in Canada? What do you expect?

Hadn't they already been thrown out of Cambodia for pulling the same stunt previously?