Missing Thai Lady

HowardJohnson

A lady I met some time ago recently told me of her intention to move from Bangkok to Amsterdam in Holland. We agreed that, although she was going to meet a prospective husband, she would call me at regular intervals. That was 4 weeks ago and I have heard nothing since. Her phone is off (due to the sim not working I imagine) and she has not responded to emails.

I know her sister lives there and apparantly she has a number of friends in the city but I just can't shake off this horrible paranoid feeling that something is wrong.

It doesn't help when every day there are news reports of girls from eastern Europe and Asia ending up being sold as sex slaves.

So, am I being overly paranoid? Is the sex slave scenario even likely?

Is it just that she is being a good "Wife" and has decided that she doesn't need the added complication?

Or, as I really suspect, is she having such a good time with her new rich man that I have become completely redundant?

Or, as I really suspect, is she having such a good time with her new rich man that I have become completely redundant?

Hit the nail on the head matey!!! :o Let's think about it for a moment - if you were her, would you want to keep in touch with another lad while you are with your finance? (making said fiance not so happy)

That sort of things can happen even in Netherland. Or especially in Netherland. There are alot of loverboys around here and from experience girls can easily be manipulated. Before they realise they are wrong its too late.

You never know

Edited by fanta rood

A lady I met some time ago recently told me of her intention to move from Bangkok to Amsterdam in Holland. We agreed that, although she was going to meet a prospective husband, she would call me at regular intervals. That was 4 weeks ago and I have heard nothing since. Her phone is off (due to the sim not working I imagine) and she has not responded to emails.

I know her sister lives there and apparantly she has a number of friends in the city but I just can't shake off this horrible paranoid feeling that something is wrong.

It doesn't help when every day there are news reports of girls from eastern Europe and Asia ending up being sold as sex slaves.

So, am I being overly paranoid? Is the sex slave scenario even likely?

Is it just that she is being a good "Wife" and has decided that she doesn't need the added complication?

1. It is extremely difficult for any Thai person, Lady in this case, to get a Visa for The Netherlands; Tourist or other kind of Visa. I assume she has a Visa and that means she can be traced, one way or another.

Her 'prospective husband'/boyfriend therefore is ALWAYS known by the Embassy of The Netherlands in Bangkok as well as the authorities (IND) and local Police/foreign department in Holland.

2. If you are so worried I suggest you contact the Embassy in Bangkok for further information (if they would give it to you is another thing).

IF they have any reason that she might be in any danger, they will contact the 'IND'/Immigration Bureau who is responsible for ALL VISA and they will no doubt be able to locate her (or boyfriend).

3. Do you know any of her Thai family to ask them if they have heard anything from her; or maybe (girl)friends ?

4. The Dutch authorities are extremely tough on sex-slavery, especially in the past years. IF you really have any doubt....take action.

If you need help, let me know.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I'm pretty sure she's fine as she has a sister and friends over there. Now a Thai lady always calls back her family: Have you checked with them? If you don't know them, then you weren't close enough to her and hence just forget it man! Really can't see how a man expects somebody's wife to be in touch with him on a regular basis! I wouldn't like it myself if I were the husband. Would you?

If I said what I want to say, I'd be banned, and probably rightly so.

Can't you put it in a "polite" way? :o

Edited by CMCool

I'm pretty sure she's fine as she has a sister and friends over there. Now a Thai lady always calls back her family: Have you checked with them? If you don't know them, then you weren't close enough to her and hence just forget it man! Really can't see how a man expects somebody's wife to be in touch with him on a regular basis! I wouldn't like it myself if I were the husband. Would you?

No other contact info for friends or family but I may follow up on the visa angle.

Thanks to all for the advice.

I'm not love lorn or pining for her, its just that she said she would call and hasn't. I worry a bit and just wondered if Thai ladies were in the habit of just disappearing......

She may phone home, but what if she is strapped to a wall with a madman husband with a gun, beating at his chest like a wildman and selling her to the nearest bidder to get money for his next fix....

Sorry I have a wild imagination. I would hope she had moved on to her husbands care and having a great life! :D

She will be fine I am sure, wont she? :o

Edited by lopburiguy

I'm not love lorn or pining for her, its just that she said she would call and hasn't. I worry a bit and just wondered if Thai ladies were in the habit of just disappearing......

Don't bother since I think you are wasting your time - as I'm sure your intentions are worthy, but you might do more harm then good. I'm sure she meant to call you, but she is busy now and yes its common for some thai ladies to drop off the face of the planet when they are in a relationship. If she wants to be in contact she will in due course contact you. :o

My Thai GF has been granted a Schengen Visa to visit her sister in Holland. Whilst she is there I would like her to be able to come see me in the UK. I know the UK is not part of the Schengen agreement but I was curious as to whether it was possible for her to apply for a visa at the British embassy in Holland? Will the fact that she has a Shengen help in her application for a UK Tourist visa?

Or will she have to wait until she gets back to Bangkok and start the whole, drawn out process at the British embassy?

:o

Don't worry,

I had a Mate who was having a relationship with a Thai girl... supposedly deeply in love with him, they spoke nearly every day e-mailed each other all the time they were gonna get married , the whole 9 yards.

Then one day the calls and e-mails just stopped. her phone rang no answer, then went dead. no returned e-mails.. nothing.

He was absolutley beside himself and ask me to look for here in her favourite haunts..

well I looked and she had dissappeared.

Then about six months later I saw her in a bar in BK and she rushed up and hugged me and introduced me to the man whose baby she was having and told me she was moving to Norway in 6 weeks time.

What could I say..... I just wished her well

'nuff said.... and you are not even in a relationship with this woman

TP, as i said don't worry I am sure she is OK

I can only go by experience, but when my wife came to England, some extra baggage followed. This was in the form of a telephone call and valentines card. I quickly knocked on the head this "relationship".

I am not the jealous type, but why encourage deceit?

I can only surmise that the Dutch husband is doing likewise!

Sorry to be blunt

My Thai GF has been granted a Schengen Visa to visit her sister in Holland....

Thanks CMCool for remembering/finding this topic-lead.

It would have been a lot easier answering here, if 'HowardJohnson' would have mentioned that....the topic title 'Missing Thai Lady' is therefore not correct.

She got a Schengen-visa (you are allowed to visit all the Schengencountries, but not the UK) to visit her sister.

But I'm almost certain that it is a Tourist-Schengen Visa.

That she has/had a boyfriend in Holland which she, most likely, didn't know so long yet, clears the sky a bit because the Authorities in The Netherlands (and Embassy in BKK) are extremely tough on giving Visa to 'girlfriends' if they can't prove they know their boyfriends already longer than just a short while.

You have to supply a lot of evidence of the relationship AND prove the 'girlfriend' will go back to Thailand. Prove in the form of having a job in LOS, child(ren), house, photos of family etc.

My 2 cents? She 'used' her sister in Holland to get a visa and is enjoying her 'boyfriend' and sister now.... :o or.....maybe she has a 'job' in Holland depending what her sister is doing overthere :D just guessing though.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...32entry615032

Sorry Howard...put her out of your mind since I think that she knows what's she doing...forgetting about you.

Why? Because in the case that she's missing or 'forced' to work in the sexindustry...her sister would have alarmed the Police and it would have been big news in Holland!

LaoPo

My Thai GF has been granted a Schengen Visa to visit her sister in Holland....

Thanks CMCool for remembering/finding this topic-lead.

It would have been a lot easier answering here, if 'HowardJohnson' would have mentioned that....the topic title 'Missing Thai Lady' is therefore not correct.

She got a Schengen-visa (you are allowed to visit all the Schengencountries, but not the UK) to visit her sister.

But I'm almost certain that it is a Tourist-Schengen Visa.

That she has/had a boyfriend in Holland which she, most likely, didn't know so long yet, clears the sky a bit because the Authorities in The Netherlands (and Embassy in BKK) are extremely tough on giving Visa to 'girlfriends' if they can't prove they know their boyfriends already longer than just a short while.

You have to supply a lot of evidence of the relationship AND prove the 'girlfriend' will go back to Thailand. Prove in the form of having a job in LOS, child(ren), house, photos of family etc.

My 2 cents? She 'used' her sister in Holland to get a visa and is enjoying her 'boyfriend' and sister now.... :o or.....maybe she has a 'job' in Holland depending what her sister is doing overthere :D just guessing though.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...32entry615032

Sorry Howard...put her out of your mind since I think that she knows what's she doing...forgetting about you.

Why? Because in the case that she's missing or 'forced' to work in the sexindustry...her sister would have alarmed the Police and it would have been big news in Holland!

LaoPo

Yep, at the time of the post about the Schengen, I was not aware of the other man in her life. Imagine that, she didn't tell me the truth! Quelle surprise. :D

I thought it was just a visit to her sister.

So, no deception on my part intended, just wanted to stick to basic facts rather than boring you all with the whole story.

To all of those who gave serious advice - my thanks.

To all the comedians - Please don't give up your day jobs..... :D

Cheers!

My Thai GF has been granted a Schengen Visa to visit her sister in Holland.
Yep, at the time of the post about the Schengen, I was not aware of the other man in her life. Imagine that, she didn't tell me the truth! Quelle surprise. :D

So, no deception on my part intended, just wanted to stick to basic facts rather than boring you all with the whole story.

When did you know about the other man? If it was before her trip to Europe, then why do you expect her to be in contact? In the opposite case, how could you possibly know about him if as you said have never been contacted since her arrival to Holland? Your whole story doesn't really make any sense. Now I am suspicious about your real intentions or you are just trolling.

As you have clearly lied to us and seem to be amused about it, you don't deserve any of the advice and sympathy from the people in this forum who genuinely wanted to help you :o

Hope the mods will deal with you shortly.

My Thai GF has been granted a Schengen Visa to visit her sister in Holland.

When did you know about the other man? If it was before her trip to Europe, then why do you expect her to be in contact? In the opposite case, how could you possibly know about him if as you said have never been contacted since her arrival to Holland? Your whole story doesn't really make any sense. Now I am suspicious about your real intentions or you are just trolling.

As you have clearly lied to us and seem to be amused about it, you don't deserve any of the advice and sympathy from the people in this forum who genuinely wanted to help you :o

Hope the mods will deal with you shortly.

She told me about him just before she left at which point I realised there was no future for us and I got over it. I expected her to be in touch because she told me she would be. Is that so hard to believe?

As I said, no deception was intended, just wanted to stick to the basic facts.

I have offered my thanks to the people who genuinely wanted to help me and a little joke about her lying to me is hardly a reason for you to go off the deep end.

As for the mods dealing with me - come on, bit of an over reaction isn't it?

Anyway, the issue has been dealt with. The general concensus seems to be that she is happy and well and that I am being overly paranoid. Its good to get other peoples opinions and advice, for which I am grateful. I can let it go now and maybe its an idea that you do the same.