Two Years On Non-imm O Visa Now What?

Hello

I have been in thailand for 2 years now and was on Non-Imm O Visa. I was studying for the two years and now we decided to stay here. (My Wife is Thai).

My question is now that i am finished studying can i get a work permit first? or do i need to get a job first? This is important to me cos I think it might be easier to get a job with Work Permit in hand as some companies dont want to go through troubles of obtaining a work permit for foriegners.

Can I apply for a PR next year and do away with the hassels of renewing my visa? I am asking because for two years i have not paid any taxes. Is it required i pay taxes for 3 years before I can apply for a PR.

SCN

It is a minimum of 3 years continuous Non Imm visa before you can apply.

My understanding is that a good tax record is one of the unofficial requirements.

On a related note, does anyone know whether the 'good tax record' has to be from the 3 continuous years before application for PR?

I imagine that the answer is yes, but I thought I would check on the offchance.

The reason being that I am currently on the 3rd year of an extended Non-Imm-O visa for Thai Wife, and am not currently working. However I did previously work in Thailand (and paid tax) for 7 continuous years before leaving and returning a few years later.

As I say, I think I know the answer, but would be interested to hear if anyone applied for PR under similar circumstances.

Cheers

Rags

First step is to get a job. There is no such thing as an unspecified permit to work in Thailand. The required documentation for a WP-application includes various company documents from your would-be employer. The WP you get (if you get it) would specify the particular employer, the particular adress and the particular job description for which the permit is valid. It would not be valid for anything else, but the specified.