Pongsapat Attempts To Woo Transgendered Voters With Youtube Clip: Bangkok Election

webfact

Pongsapat attempts to woo transgendered voters with YouTube clip

By Coconuts

Screen-Shot-2556-02-04-at-3.03.47-PM-578x315.png

The clip “United Differences” on the candidate's official YouTube channel, PongsapatBKK.

BANGKOK: -- In an attempt to garner votes from transgendered citizens in the upcoming gubernatorial election, Pheu Thai candidate Pongsapat Pongcharoen last Friday released a YouTube video clip highlighting his policy of promoting sexual diversity in Bangkok.

newsjs

The one-minute clip, entitled “United Differences,” showed up three days ago on his official YouTube channel, PongsapatBKK, and has garnered more than 15,000 views. On Pongsapat’s Facebook public page, the clip received massive attention from almost 100,000 fans with over 7,500 likes, 527 shares and almost 600 comments.

“Bangkok must be the place where people understand and accept sexual diversity,” Pongsapat said in the clip. [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...h-youtube-clip/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-02-04

footer_n.gif

related:

Chalerm: 'I won't give interview for seven days if Pongsapat loses'

I like this man. Pongsapat has an open honest face and a humble air about him.

It warms my heart to watch this video especially in the light of so many negative news about ladyboys who robbed and drugged. We hardly hear good things about this 'invisible' group.

I have a few ladyboys as friends....they are among the nicest and funniest people I know.

• Like 2

It warms my heart to watch this video especially in the light of so many negative news about ladyboys who robbed and drugged. We hardly hear good things about this 'invisible' group.

I have a few ladyboys as friends....they are among the nicest and funniest people I know.

You know you are kinda right about some of them being nice guys. There is one here in this village and he comes by the house occasionally to visit. He tries so hard and acts like a woman more than my gf but so be it. I still like him.
  • Like 1

Ladyboys an Invisible Group? When did you last Visit Pattaya?

LOVE the reply!

I laughed so hard, I lost my latte when i got to your post!

On a more serious note

I interpreted the "invisible" as "politically invisible"

OK, now i need another latte, lol

• Like 1

Promising 4,900 toilets at bus stops drooped his "honest face" a tad or two.... but not nearly as much as the resulting from promising there would not be any floods.

He kicked being "humble" to the curb with that one in particular.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Pongsapat is fighting a losing battle. Gays have hated PT since Thaksin tried to push the Thai-US free trade agreement (which would have forced the Thai government to license patents for HIV medication). Not even giving away anti-retrovirals to all HIV-positive people, a worldwide first, got him any gay love. Gays are the yellowest of the yellow shirts, no offence intended.

Instinctively I like him too... and that alone makes me suspicious! Not only is he a politician, but he's a Peua Thai politician... so I'm going to have to mistrust my instincts on this one.

But I do like the video, and though I hope it won't get him any votes, maybe it might make some narrow minds open up just a little.

Instinctively I like him too... and that alone makes me suspicious! Not only is he a politician, but he's a Peua Thai politician... so I'm going to have to mistrust my instincts on this one.

But I do like the video, and though I hope it won't get him any votes, maybe it might make some narrow minds open up just a little.

The democrats must get indigestion when they see political marketing like this.

After the big hoo-haw about the youtube learning to speak Thai video that the Culture Minister wants banned, I think this is hilarious.. The Thai's want it both ways.. I'm betting Monty Python could REALLY make him a good video.. cheesy.gif

"Not only is he a politician, but he's a Peua Thai politician"? So what, much more to the point he's a police General!rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

"Not only is he a politician, but he's a Peua Thai politician"? So what, much more to the point he's a police General!rolleyes.gif

tut, tut... don't sell the man short, that's Police General Doctor !!

As an added bonus for his candidacy, he was selected by the REAL PM of Thailand, who just happens to be a fellow PhD Doctor, a fellow Sam Houston State University alumni, and a fellow policeman....

OP Quote:

Police General Pongsapat Pongcharoen, a Deputy National Police Chief has agreed to run as the Pheu Thai Party candidate in the upcoming Bangkok governor's election

He was approached by former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who wanted the media-savvy officer to represent Pheu Thai in the contest for the Bangkok governorship, the sources said.

OP Unquote.

But, but, but, it's not about Thaksin.... ermm.gif

30136311-01.jpg

Police General Pongsapat Pongcharoen

Had to chuckle at his alma mater in the bio.

Seems he's actually Police General Doctor Pongsapat Pongcharoen as he's listed as having obtained the same degree (PhD) at the same university as Police Lieutenant-Colonel Doctor Thaksin (Sam Houston State University).. laugh.png

Edited by Buchholz

tut, tut... don't sell the man short, that's Police General Doctor !!

As an added bonus for his candidacy, he was selected by the REAL PM of Thailand, who just happens to be a fellow PhD Doctor, a fellow Sam Houston State University alumni, and a fellow policeman....

Now I'm really starting to wonder. Does this mean I should write

"clearly the Americans should shoulder at least part of the blame in having lowered standards"

or just

"those meddling Americans again, making troubles for honest Thai" rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Is that first picture a store dummy or a graduate of the Michael Jackson facial surgery program?

Put a knife in its hand and it would look like a still from a B grade horror movie.

Edited by OzMick

Is that first picture a store dummy or a graduate of the Michael Jackson facial surgery program?

Put a knife in its hand and it would look like a still from a B grade horror movie.

Ah, reasoned debate from our man from Oz. This aint Kansas, Dorothy. Fair play to Pongsapat who probably is aware that the prevalence of transexuals is 1:500 and may be as low as 1:300. According to the Gates report (http://www3.law.ucla.edu/williamsinstitute/pdf/How-many-people-are-LGBT-Final.pdf) 0.3% of US adults may identify as transgenders - works out around 15 million worldwide. So why shouldn't they have an interest. Is there a transgender version of misogyny? Glad to see one post at least that managed to get Thaksin into it. You can rely on Buchholz