Getting To/around Mae Rim

demonietto

You can't really "walk between the orchid farm, waterfall, etc.", you need a vehicle. I suppose you could but it would take a long time and you would need to be in fairly good shape. In fact it would take most of the day to walk to Nam Tok Mae Sa.

You can take a songtaew there but how are you going to get back from the attractions?

I'd think that you could easily enough get a red song-taew driver to be your driver for the day. Cost might be 500-700 baht. That would be the most convenient way, giving you the peace of mind that you'd have a driver waiting.

There are a number of other attractions out that way, i.e., elephant show, tiger kingdom, go carts, snake farm, orchid farm, butterfly farm, and more. Most drivers are very familiar with all of these places.

I'd think that you could easily enough get a red song-taew driver to be your driver for the day. Cost might be 500-700 baht. That would be the most convenient way, giving you the peace of mind that you'd have a driver waiting.

There are a number of other attractions out that way, i.e., elephant show, tiger kingdom, go carts, snake farm, orchid farm, butterfly farm, and more. Most drivers are very familiar with all of these places.

Indeed chartering a songtaew like Mr. Brad said is the way to go, but I think it will cost you more than 500-700 from the city to Nam Tok Mae Sa and all around the area.

By all means charter a songtaew for the day. There aren't many out there and you could stand on the highway for an hour waiting for one. And if you don't charter, then to return to CM, hop on a yellow or white songtaew to the bus station for a baht or 2 and there you can quickly find a rodang at the normal rate which should be about 40 or 50bt anywhere in CM, even 30 if not too far,

Sorry, I don't understand why one would hire a songtaew for the day, sit in the back of a hot truck sucking in diesel fumes when you could have a nice new car with Airconditioning and a Engilsh speaking driver for equal cost or less. But to each their own . . . .

Or hire a scooter for 150bht and enjoy the wind in your hair.

^^ Exactly, much more enjoyable and you can easily do the entire Samoeng Loop (around the mountain), also taking in the elephants, Queen's gardens, waterfall restaurant, Samoeng (strawberries), and stop off at one of the resorts/cafes for a coffee/beer around the other side. Going anticlockwise (Mae Rim first) is esp' easy. If not, get a car, if not get a car with driver so you can do it all. Songthaew too restrictive.