Gold And Money Taken During Break-In Of German's East Pattaya House

webfact

Gold and money taken during break-in of German's East Pattaya House

house-7.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Over 200,000 Baht in gold and an unspecified amount of Euro’s were stolen from a room safe in an unoccupied house belonging to a 78 year old German and his 58 year old Thai Wife on Tuesday.

Police were called to the house at the Chatkaew Village 9 in East Pattaya on Tuesday afternoon to investigate the break-in. The point of entry was the front door. Damage to the lock on the front gate and front door to the house were seen and it is thought the burglary occurred during the night.

newsjs

Mr. Rothbrust aged 78 and his wife Khun Sunan aged 58 were away from the house and visiting Khun Sunan’s family when the break-in occurred. They had been away for 5 days and were due to return late on Tuesday Night.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...-pattaya-house/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-02-06

I marvel at how clever Somchai and Nong are, just happening to stumble on to a mini fortune in the German's humble abode.

Certainly inside information was not available here :)

Edited by Lancelot

These safes here in Thailand can be opened with a sturdy can opener. The shell is very thin. Make a hole in the top of the safe, pop in the can opener and soon you are inside the safe.

Wow!

if you just pee on it will erode in about 3 minutes
  • Like 1

These safes here in Thailand can be opened with a sturdy can opener. The shell is very thin. Make a hole in the top of the safe, pop in the can opener and soon you are inside the safe.

Wow!

if you just pee on it will erode in about 3 minutes

As with all things - buy a "cheapie-charlie" and you'll get crap. If you buy a safe buy a decent one! There are really good ones available here but they cost a little bit more.

I'd avoid the small fit in the wall types too - I know at least 2 people who have had these chisled out of the wall and stolen, both in the UK.

Edited by Baerboxer

You've got to spend the money on a decent safe. Then have it anchored to the floor with lag bolts of at least 3 inched in depth into the concrete. If you make sure the safe is flush to the floor, the theif will not be able to get a crow bar under the frame. That would eliminate 99% of the thefts.

8 baht of gold then? That's just a couple of necklaces.

So what? Don't "just a couple of necklaces" count when they're stolen?

I'm just saying that it's a sensationalist headline. Instead of saying "200,000 baht of gold was stolen" they could have just said like "A couple of gold necklaces and some Euro were stolen", but that wouldn't have been as exciting.

200,000 Baht value of gold is around 8 baht , I would not leave that in my safe , I hide in my house, but I not tell you TV members where? wai2.gif

Oh great. Now we have to rip your whole house apart. Very inconsiderate of you. laugh.png

Sounds like a family member said like hey there out of town for a week ,lets break in and take the money,inside job for sure.When I leave town I only tell the Fish

Be careful what you tell the Fish. You never know what can be netted.