Permanent Thai Teacher License

Can I apply to route 1 to get Permanent Thai Teacher License?

Qualification: Master degree major Finance, Bachelor degree Major Physics and Maths

Experience : 2 years Thailand, 2 years Pakistan

Thai language and culture ,Professional ethics ( will Complete in March 2013)

Teachers Council of Thailand (TCT) has developed Self-Assessments to help applicants

discover which requirements and standards they must meet prior applying for a license.

ROUTE 1

Persons who have had teaching experience with not less than 1 year and

1. Hold a degree in Education or

2. Hold other degrees and a teaching license from abroad or

3. Hold other degrees and a graduate diploma in Education with 1 year

course of study.

In addition, they also must successfully complete a professional training course and pass

assessment of knowledge as follows:

(1) Thai language and culture

(2) Professional ethics

When they have passed the assessment according to (1) and (2), they can file an application.

In case of applicants’ teaching experience with less than 1 year, they shall provide a certification

letter, issued by an educational institution, and submit it to the TCT for issuing a teaching practice

certificate and permitting them to attend the training course.

Can I apply to route 1 to get Permanent Thai Teacher License?

Qualification: Master degree major Finance, Bachelor degree Major Physics and Maths

Experience : 2 years Thailand, 2 years Pakistan

Thai language and culture ,Professional ethics ( will Complete in March 2013)

I'm afraid not. You don't hold a degree in education or a graduate diploma in education.

You have to sit the TCT Professional Knowledge Tests and the Thai Language, Culture and Ethics Course to be eligible for the TCT Teacher License.

The teacher license is valid for life but has to be renewed every five years. To renew a teacher license you have to submit a declaration form in which you give information about what you did to keep up in the profession.

@ above

ROUTE 1

Persons who have had teaching experience with not less than 1 year and

1. Hold a degree in Education or

2. Hold other degrees and a teaching license from abroad or

3. Hold other degrees and a graduate diploma in Education with 1 year

I have Master degree and teacher license from my country.

I didn't read that you hold a teacher license from abroad.

In that case you qualify for route 3 provided the TCT will recognise your foreign teacher license. If so, the only thing you have to do is attend the Thai Culture, Language and Ethics Course.

why I cant apply for the route 1?

Because you haven't got an education degree. You actually can apply route 1 section 2 IF they accept your home country teaching license. That is not guaranteed. Also if your home country is Pakistan you will have to take an IELTS test as you are not a native speaker.

Oh and all of that presumes that you are working with a TCT 2 year waiver and work permit.

Edited by thaicbr

From the looks, you should be able to apply for a teaching licence via Route 1, once you have completed your Thai Language, Culture and Professional Ethics course (Which you said you're doing in March).

As mentioned above, you will likely also need to pass an IELTS or similar, as you're not from a native English speaking country.

The TOEIC is the easiest and cheapest English proficiency exam to take in Thailand.

Correct. The crux is whether they accept his foreign teaching licence. I don't see why not, as they accept those form other non-native speaking countries.

Just curious as to how one gets a teaching licence without and education degree or a one year grad dip ed, though.

The TOEIC is the easiest and cheapest English proficiency exam to take in Thailand.

Correct. The crux is whether they accept his foreign teaching licence. I don't see why not, as they accept those form other non-native speaking countries.

Just curious as to how one gets a teaching licence without and education degree or a one year grad dip ed, though.

Wrong quote I guess.

Anyways, I'm curious too. What foreign teacher licenses do The Teachers' Council of Thailand approve for the teacher license.

Wrong quote I guess.

Anyways, I'm curious too. What foreign teacher licenses do The Teachers' Council of Thailand approve for the teacher license.

"Correct" was for the TOEIC for non native speakers being the easiest test to do:)

• Like 1