Passport Confusion

i just read the topic about the aussie guy with his passport.

i also just got my new passport from the belgium embassy

i also have the letter with the old and new passport numbers.

my wife called immigration in sakon nakhon and bkk and they told her i need to do it in the airport.

i have a non o marriage visa.

anybody have any idea what i should do?

my flight is at 7 am early next week, so i would not be able to get to immigration if there was a problem.

thxx.

maybee someone has the number for the immigration where u guys did it, so i can call them again.thanks, eric.

If you are here on a visa entry (90 day stay) you take care of passports at airport on departure - just have both. You do have both passports right?

yes i have the old and new passport plus a letter from the belgian embassy. my 1 year non o visa is in my old passport and the entry stamp and immigration card.

OK if on a 90 day stay you just do at airport when you exit - those on extensions of stay or lost passport need to do at immigration office prior to exit. You should be fine - just have both passports with you. By one year visa you mean a multi entry non immigrant visa issued by a Consulate and you make a new entry every 90 days for a new stamp right? If still valid that continues to be valid in old passport but you will be stamped in on the new passport by showing both on return.

OK if on a 90 day stay you just do at airport when you exit - those on extensions of stay or lost passport need to do at immigration office prior to exit. You should be fine - just have both passports with you. By one year visa you mean a multi entry non immigrant visa issued by a Consulate and you make a new entry every 90 days for a new stamp right?

thx for your swift reply lopburi3, most greatfull.

also do you have any idea if they will transfer my visa stamp to my new passport?

i will come back in 6 weeks, need to do sm business in the uk, or should i go to hull to the consulate to transfer my visa.

thx again, best regards, eric.

You just use both passports for entry - they can not transfer a visa but the visa remains valid in an old passport so still can be used normally. You just present both to immigration and permitted to stay stamp is placed in new passport each time.

OK if on a 90 day stay you just do at airport when you exit - those on extensions of stay or lost passport need to do at immigration office prior to exit. You should be fine - just have both passports with you. By one year visa you mean a multi entry non immigrant visa issued by a Consulate and you make a new entry every 90 days for a new stamp right?

thx for your swift reply lopburi3, most greatfull.

also do you have any idea if they will transfer my visa stamp to my new passport?

i will come back in 6 weeks, need to do sm business in the uk, or should i go to hull to the consulate to transfer my visa.

thx again, best regards, eric.

ok your 2nd reply answers my question.thx for your help and have a nice day, best regards, eric.