Speeding Brit Rear Ends Lady Thai Motorbiker

Rimmer

Speeding Brit Rear Ends Lady Thai Motorbiker

SATTAHIP:--A 45-year-old Thai woman was seriously injured when her motorbike was rear ended by a car on Sukhumvit Road. The British driver was accelerating to pass the car ahead of him, and was checking his rear view mirror when the motorbike abruptly cut in front of his car and was struck.

newsjsSATTAHIP – February 6, 2013 [PDN]; at 11:30 a.m., a report of a car hitting a motorbike and severely injuring a Thai woman was received by Pol. Sub. Lt. Phongsawat Mormungkhun, investigation officer, Na Jomthien police station. He rushed to inspect at scene with the rescue officers of Sawangrojjanatharmmasatharn Sattahip foundation.

The incident occurred on Sukhumvit road km. 157/100 route Pattaya-Sattahip Moo 2 Tambon Plutaluang, Amphur Sattahip. At the scene, officers discovered the female victim lying face down on the side of the road, barely breathing with many broken bones. She was identified as Mrs. Maleejan Chasanguan, age 45, from Tambon Baan Seaw, Amphur Na Wah, Nakornphanom province. Rescue officers rushed her to the emergency room of Queen Sirikit hospital.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/02/07/speeding-brit-rear-ends-lady-thai-motorbiker/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-03-07

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her fault but we know who will get the blame..

A bit off topic, but would a car cam be of any use in cases like this (I'm planning to buy one) ?

It is a good idea to have one (I don't leave home without it) and I think in this case will at least prove the "cutting in front" statement

I hope he is loaded. Can't believe he stopped. Not the Thai way at all. They'll learn...

if he has 1st class insurance he will be OK

What would you consider 1st class insurance, too cover you through thick and thin? I ask because I had an accident totalling my VW Touareg 1 1/2 years in Indonesia. It was quite feat I touched, grazed and side swipped 11 cars before running it smack dab in to a big oak next to the road. No I was not drunk, medical issues. But between the cars I hit and totally the Touareg Kurnia in Jakarta paid out over 170,000 USD. The the insurance group that Kurnia handles IHI/BUPA paid out over 1/2 million USD to GlenEagles Singapore for my 4 months stay. It was definitely not a good month for them or myself.

Edited by Thailand Bound

pominic nardone does not sound like a british name...

Possibly Dominic, the D having been misread as a P.

There is someone of that name in the area:

http://www.youtube.c...Q?feature=watch

Phew, well spotted. This little old internet is a wonderful thing.

I watched his latest video and he talks about Kama and he likes to give a little back....

Well if you have the right man.....

• Like 1

I hope he is loaded. Can't believe he stopped. Not the Thai way at all. They'll learn...

What would you consider 1st class insurance, too cover you through thick and thin? I ask because I had an accident totalling my VW Touareg 1 1/2 years in Indonesia. It was quite feat I touched, grazed and side swipped 11 cars before running it smack dab in to a big oak next to the road. No I was not drunk, medical issues. But between the cars I hit and totally the Touareg Kurnia in Jakarta paid out over 170,000 USD. The the insurance group that Kurnia handles IHI/BUPA paid out over 1/2 million USD to GlenEagles Singapore for my 4 months stay. It was definitely not a good month for them or myself.

1st class insurance covers the police bail bond in Thailand for foreigners in case of accident, 200k baht from memory, plus fully comprehensive, medical etc of course their are limits but can be increased by paying for more cover. The insurance company representative does all the work on your behalf.

The issue in Thailand is some foreigners do not obtain the bail bond insurance so they have to negotiate with the police & must pay cash, otherwise they are detained. as well as negotiate directly with the friendly local police for victim compensation etc

Edited by simple1

1st class insurance covers the police bail bond in Thailand for foreigners in case of accident, 200k baht from memory, plus fully comprehensive, medical etc of course their are limits but can be increased by paying for more cover. The insurance company representative does all the work on your behalf.

The issue in Thailand is some foreigners do not obtain the bail bond insurance so they have to negotiate with the police & must pay cash, otherwise they are detained. as well as negotiate directly with the friendly local police for victim compensation etc

Simple 1, thanks for the info, it will help when I get there and buy a car. Yes it would be better if the nice helpfu, police do not know i have access to that kind of cash otherwise the prices may go up in other parts of the same situation.

By the way to anyone here, what is the unwritten rule here regarding the bigger vehicle? What I mean is in Indonesia the when an accident occurs the larger car is at fault. Especially when idiots not paying attention driving smaller motorcycles are at fault and hit a car, 98% of the time the car is ruled at fault, pays all damages ect ect ect becuase oviously it is larger and that owner obviously has the larger wallet so.....

Does any ridiculous logic like that apply here on the roads here?

pominic nardone does not sound like a british name but hey i dont think english ppl live there anymore lol

Stupid comment. British people have all sorts of names.

What about these?

Some years ago i had an accident when turning left a bike tried to undertake me and didnt make it ,i had 1st class insurance and a 200k bail bond(dont leave home without it) through all the demands for money and shouting i just showed them my insurance and said "deal with the insurers you are at fault" worked a charm

pominic nardone does not sound like a british name but hey i dont think english ppl live there anymore lol

What about these?

You give the wrong impression, pakeha is Mouri for a white person, not neccesarilly English.

What about these?

You give the wrong impression, pakeha is Mouri for a white person, not neccesarilly English.

That dam_n Wikipedia, it is getting to be you just cannot trust the dam_n site.