Le Croissant

Ulysses G.

SAMO, formerly of lower Chan Klan Road, has just opened on Kamphaeng Din. The road doesn't look great yet, but it is definitely a place to watch, if they can (oh ****, I've become one of them) sort out the parking.

re

Le Croissant is on Kumpang Din road about 1/2 block South of Gecko Garden restaurant on the opposite side of the road.

hes right !

if you go to the right of gekko garden its about 500yards on the right : )

dave2

ps .. theres a new bar next to it now called rubix

post-42592-0-33921800-1360244906_thumb.j

post-42592-0-72284300-1360245029_thumb.j

post-42592-0-32646800-1360245111_thumb.j

. . . The croissants are indeed terrible and after nearly 2 years not improved a single bit, They should give the place a different name . . .

I agree rather with Ulysses G.'s assessment, that 'the croissants are not the best in town, but they are some of the best'. I have never had truly great croissants in Chiangmai -- to be fair, though, I have had truly great croissants only once in my life, at Hôtel George-V in Paris, nearly twenty years ago . . . if I were a dreamer, I think I might still dream of them. wink.png Still, I think the croissants at Le Croissant are quite good, for Chiangmai.

• Like 1

I agree that there are no great croissants in Chiang Mai, but there are some that are good for this part of the world and are pretty tasty. IMO, Baan Bakery, Nice Sweet Place, the French cafe across from Suriwong Books and Butter is Better (when they are making them) are all pretty good.

• Like 1

I agree that there are no great croissants in Chiang Mai, but there are some that are good for this part of the world and are pretty tasty. IMO, Baan Bakery, Nice Sweet Place, the French cafe across from Suriwong Books and Butter is Better (when they are making them) are all pretty good.

Agreed, except for Nice Sweet Place, which I simply do not know. And I would add, about the French cafe across from Suriwong Books: 'when it's open'. :)

Nice sweet place wholesales to many cafes .... if you go early you see the bins of croisants going into cars and onto the backs of motorbikes. I like that they offer a butter version for 5 baht more than the margarne ones. The croisant made there are not the super flakey kind but they taste good. Baan bakery are nice and flakey but after eating them I would often burp the flavor of palm oil....... so I suspect not real butter.

Edited by daoyai

Go for the real McCoy and make some Scottish Rowies - Aberdeen's answer to the French Croisssant. A heart attack on a plate but deep joy with your morning coffee! Now, where can I buy some lard here in CM?

Buttery [Rowie] Recipe

Scottish traditional breakfast roll eaten in Aberdeen ingredients on how to make a buttery recipe and the history of rowies:

butteries.jpg Butteries are named after their high lard content. They are also known as morning rolls and rowies and are a traditional Aberdeen roll. The best way to describe their look and taste is a saltier, flatter and greasier Croissant. Which doesnae sound nice, but rowies are really delicious and filling for breakfast. Aberdeen butteries can be eaten cold and many shops, garages etc sell them pre buttered for anyone snatching an on the go breakfast

• Like 1