Visa Type O - Work Permit - Set Up A Company

Hello All,

I plan to expat in thailand in july i m a few confused about work permit when setup company...

I plan to married my friend (non bar-girl) in thailand and set up a company just for live a normal life... Belgium already refuses 2 times visa for long stay for my friend...

The procedure for the visa i think i have understand all...

Before coming thailand i apply for a non immigrant visa single entry (90 days) in the embassy of thailand in my country...

return ticket still need it ?

Arriving thailand i marry my friend. I open a bank account with 400k bht founds and i can apply for a visa non-immigrant type O valid for one-year and no need to leave the country every 90 days.

I ask me some questions about work permit when setup a company

i have read 3 possibilities :

1. setup a company with 2000000 bht of capital

i m the manager all papers and contracts can be signed with my name

i have a work permit for me and i can work in my company

2. setup a company with 1000000 bht of capital

My thai wife is partnership

3. My thai wife is thai sole partnership

no need a registred minimal capital

i m not the manager all papers and contracts can not be signed with my name

no work permit for me

For the point 3 what is the situation :

Must i need a work permit ?

Can i work in our company without work permit as secondary partnership with my thai wife ?

I can forget the first point because i have'nt the necessary founds... For the second point is ok but i would like keep some capital in security in case the company not working in the begening and i trust my thai wife..

Thanks a lot for your advise and your reply

Hey there,

im in the same position as you, im also leaving for Los in July to setup my company........im belgian too......if you like we can help eachother.....but you dont need the 2milj for the company, its only registered capital for your company if you want a work permit........

Just send me a pm and i'll give you my phone number so we can exchange some information if you like too.........also about the visa you need. See ya,

N. :o

return ticket still need it ?

With a single 90 day visa... yes a R/T ticket is needed in most cases.

Arriving thailand i marry my friend. I open a bank account with 400k bht founds and i can apply for a visa non-immigrant type O valid for one-year and no need to leave the country every 90 days.

Ok

1. setup a company with 2000000 bht of capital

Yes but you only need 1 million Baht register capital as you are married to a Thai.

Unless you form a Thai limited company considered foreign as foreigners have from 51% to 100% of the shares( objectives of exporting , mfg, hotel mgmt) then its 2 million Baht register capital required.

2. setup a company with 1000000 bht of capital

My thai wife is partnership

Meaning a Thai Limited Partnership. Then she has unlimited liability and you as well if you get involve in the day to day business. You cannot be on the bank account as well. It is simply a very bad business model. We could go on and on why it’s a terrible decision to have a Limited Partnership as essentially you have no control. We are all human and one day we’ll all die so where would you be then with your business, if your Thai wife unfortunately died? You then are accountable for whoever replaced her.

3. My thai wife is thai sole partnership

no need a registred minimal capital

i m not the manager all papers and contracts can not be signed with my name

no work permit for me

For the point 3 what is the situation :

Must i need a work permit ?

If you are thinking of working, you are working and need a work permit.

Can i work in our company without work permit as secondary partnership with my thai wife

No unless you want to be deported.

I can forget the first point because i have'nt the necessary founds

No one looks at your bank account. However under the Civil and Commercial Code, 25% of the register capital should be paid up in money after the statutory meeting when the company is formed. The description of the services or property in return for which ordinary preference shares shall be allotted as paid-up shall be expressly laid down before the meeting for the remaining 75% of the shares. These shares could if someone else is reading this post be paid in cash rather than service or property, if they desire.

For the second point is ok but i would like keep some capital in security in case the company not working in the begening and i trust my thai wife..

In this case, the register capital for a limited partnership has to be cash for the work permit and they look at your bank account. Plus your name is not allowed on the bank account and she has unlimited liability. No need to think more about this option.

www.lawyer.th.com