Bush Family Emails Hacked

webfact

Bush family emails hacked

SAN FRANCISCO: -- A hacker has broken in to the email accounts of the Bush family, releasing private correspondence and pictures of two ex-presidents George H W Bush and George W Bush, it emerged Friday.

The hacker, who goes by the name Guccifer, released some of the information to the online expose site The Smoking Gun, claiming to have gained access to three years worth of emails dating back to 2009.

newsjs

The emails revealed that the elder Bush had been close to death during his December hospitalization and that his children and staff were discussing his eulogy and funeral.

Included in the hacked material were pictures of the elder George Bush in hospital and a confidential October 2012 list of home addresses, cell phone numbers, and e-mails for dozens of Bush family members, including both former presidents, their siblings, and their children.

Among the hacked accounts were those of Dorothy Bush Koch, daughter of George HW Bush and sister of George W Bush; former first lady Barbara Bush’s brother; and George HW Bush’s sister-in-law.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-09

Can't see the point at all. If they were revealing criminal or inappropriate behaviour then maybe the service to the world would be worth it, but it is not good to hack people just to make their lives more difficult by revealing secure or private information that is really nobody's business.

Not appropriate at all.

Hopefully they will find the hacker and post all his dirty laundry, embarrassing photos and subscription details for any adult websites on the internet. Coming to think of it a site should be set up with precisely this purpose for all hackers who are caught.

Edited by Steely Dan

I guess Dubya's password is 123456. rolleyes.gif

Surely nothing that difficult for him to remember.

remember that counting up to 6 would require BOTH hands.

Thats a lot to ask from a 'c' average history major! laugh.png

Hey i'm no Bush fan. I disliked his presidency immensely.

But i'm in no favor for a hack to go into someones personal accounts,

find nothing of value, and then publish a lot of personal information purely as a form of harassment.

Edited by Scott

I guess Dubya's password is 123456. rolleyes.gif

Surely nothing that difficult for him to remember.

remember that counting up to 6 would require BOTH hands.

Thats a lot to ask from a 'c' average history major! laugh.png

Hey i'm no Bush fan. I disliked his presidency immensely.

But i'm in no favor for a hack to go into someones personal accounts,

find nothing of value, and then publish a lot of personal information purely as a form of harassment.

Lucky the requirement was only 6 characters. If it were 8, he would have picked Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs.

Edited by Scott