Uk Settlement Visa Paperwork Vs Recent Successful Tourist Visa.

Hi All,

Im in the final stages of putting together the application for my new wifes settlement visa to the UK. My wife is currently booking her A1 test and TB exam.

We had a succesful tourist application this summer, and my then girlfriend came over for 6 weeks. We were married in Chiang Mai this past January.

I was wondering....apart from the A1 & TB Exam, as well as the marriage certificates and different form to fill out.......is there anything in the paperwork that is so different from the paperwork i used for the tourist visa?

Below is the index i used for the tourist visa we had this summer.....i will update a lot of the information (new letters/forms, marriage docs, update the skype/facebook chat/photos etc), and with a bit of tweaking....is there anything glaring im missing?

Section 1 Applicant Personal Information

1a Completed VAF1A

1b Applicant’s Statement

1c Applicant Passport Photocopy & Thai Identity Card

1d Employment Holiday Permission Letter

1e Divorce Document

Section 2 Sponsorship Information

2a Sponsor’s Statement

2b Sponsor’s Accommodation Invitation

2c Wedding Invitation

2d Sponsor’s Financial Information

2e Sponsor’s Pay Slips

Section 3 Evidence of Relationship

3a List of Visits to Applicant

3b Photographic Evidence

3c Evidence of Shared Flights/Bookings

3d Skype/Mobile Calls

3e Facebook Messages

3f Email index

3g Received Package Scans

3h Skype Chat Transcript

3i Chiang Mai University Thai Language Certificates

I have checked a few lists from others and they all look similar, did other also re-use the tourist visa documents?

Many thanks for any advise!

The financial requirements are a bit more exacting than the requirements for sponsoring a visit visa. Basically, you will have to show that you have an income of at least 18,600 GBP a year, from employment, or pensions, or rental income. You can meet the requirement by a combination of, for instance, income from salaried employment and savings, but not income from self-employment and savings. You can also meet the requirement from savings alone, but you need 62,500 GBP in that event.

There are also requirements such as providing wage slips and bank statements, contract of employment, etc , etc. The requirements are here. If you need further explanation, please ask :

Appendix FM SE December 2012.docx

Hi thanks for the info, ima contractor with a firm paid weekly and it works out about 23k a year i earn. I have the updated payslips to prove this.

Do i need a letter from my employment if i have the payslips etc?

Also i have just seen this appendix 2 form....do i need to fill it out as well as the other application form needed?

Yes , you need Appendix 2.

If you look on the Appendix FM that I posted, you will see the documents that you must provide. If you don't provide the required documents, then the application must be refused. The visa officer might delay his decision, and ask you to provide misssing documents, but he can refuse the application without asking for them if he wishes to.