What Do You Love, Hate And Worry About Living Full Time In Thailand?....

krisb

Without giving us too many stories as much as we like them sometimes, if you can name just 3 (or4) things that instantly come to mind when I ask you

"What do you love....hate....and worry about the most, living full time in Thailand"?

Dont be shy, but please be honest....

smile.png

(1)WORRY>> My sister inlaw teaching my wife to steal from me like she does to her farang husband....by BIG amounts..and then brags about it, to the family, who do nothing....but they enjoy the money!!!!! Absolutely disgusting.

(2)LOVE>> the fact that the international airport is only 20 mins down the road

(3)HATE>> Being ripped off by someone that calls themselves "Professional Tradesman" and then having to pay another "Professional Tradesman" to fix the first crappy job...and round and round it goes until you have paid far in excess to have it done properly the first time, in a FIRST world country.

Weegee that almost sounds like 3 hates?
  • Like 1

(1)WORRY>> My sister inlaw teaching my wife to steal from me like she does to her farang husband....by BIG amounts..and then brags about it, to the family, who do nothing....but they enjoy the money!!!!! Absolutely disgusting.

(3)HATE>> Being ripped off by someone that calls themselves "Professional Tradesman" and then having to pay another "Professional Tradesman" to fix the first crappy job...and round and round it goes until you have paid far in excess to have it done properly the first time, in a FIRST world country.

There are good and bad things in all countries. Strange that you say living very close to the airport is the only good thing you found in Thailand.

There are good and bad things in all countries. Strange that you say living very close to the airport is the only good thing you found in Thailand.

A Thai once told me, you are lucky you dont have to put up with this shit, that was in 2010 yellow shirt occupation of the airport.

Same again in 2011, floods coming into Bkk, mrs and I left, no worries.

Thats why I understand that living near the airport is a good thing.

Worry: Corrupt politics wrack the country and/or my business.

Love: the freedom and easy way of doing business, no opening hours etc etc

Hate: No one know nothing exactly, no quality in answers if you ask a sales....

Love, personal freedom, no western PC BS, no property taxes, no paying taxes to support illegal wars of occupation, no one has come to my house in the last couple of weeks and asked for money for the Rohingya, sabai sabia, if I want to wear a certain T-Shirt the Thais dont give a shit,why is it always tree hugging left wing liberals that get their knickers in a twist?

Hate, face and bragging, every Thai knows someone (or thinks they know), the patronage system, mia farang syndrome, farangs that neither live here or speak the language lecturing us on whats expected of farang living here.

Worry, nothing.

What do you mean by 'us'? You're not a Thai. There is no Thai alive able to speak English like you do. Wear a shirt with no sleeves next time you go to immigration, and if you don't, quit this shit.

There is no Thai alive able to speak English like you do.

You know this for a fact ? Back in 2008, I met Thai brothers (twins, FWIW) who had grown up in Denmark, and their English was superb, even with their ersatz 'American' accent. Sesame Street has a lot to answer for ;)

There is no Thai alive able to speak English like you do.

You know this for a fact ? Back in 2008, I met Thai brothers (twins, FWIW) who had grown up in Denmark, and their English was superb, even with their ersatz 'American' accent. Sesame Street has a lot to answer for wink.png

He'sdedonthair,bytheway. Thur'snaneaithemcanspiklikeus,ken?

Actually, my Thai former colleague who worked in our Glasgow office coped pretty well, all things considered, and he was fortunate not to pick up a strong accent, unlike our Office Lady who studied at Strathclyde...

SC

• Like 1

errrr hate hard questions

now I will worry about it!

...I hate it when:

...an ant walks across my tablet..squish it and lose my page in e book..

...gecko poop

...the time it takes to cool down a fresh box of beer

...getting old

loves:

...sunrise

...Bang Bang chocolate cookies

...that coy smile from that sweet thing that sells veggies in the market

• Like 1

Had a bad dose of the S..ts last night. It happens now and then.

Love the freedom and lack of rules and regulations

Hate the dual standards and double pricing that happens

Love the pretty smiles, beautiful ladies

Hate I'm getting older and cant appreciate them ALL as I once did.

Love the glorious sunsets over the mountains

Hate asking permission to stay every year.

• Like 1

Love....the weather, the freedom of being retired and as mentioned before, no PC BS or red tape BS for building anything.

Hate...the poor quality of materials (tools etc), the thing that some Thais think that because I am farang that I am rich, I hate that I'm not rich.

Worry.....health and running out of money.

Love, personal freedom, no western PC BS, no property taxes, no paying taxes to support illegal wars of occupation, no one has come to my house in the last couple of weeks and asked for money for the Rohingya, sabai sabia, if I want to wear a certain T-Shirt the Thais dont give a shit,why is it always tree hugging left wing liberals that get their knickers in a twist?

Hate, face and bragging, every Thai knows someone (or thinks they know), the patronage system, mia farang syndrome, farangs that neither live here or speak the language lecturing us on whats expected of farang living here.

Worry, nothing.

wouldnt disagree with anything there

Love: most people, weather, food, positively careless attitude.

Hate: some idiots about, lack of logic, traffic, difficult visa regulations

Worry: future of the country, kids education, medical, pension

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Worry, nothing.

What do you mean by 'us'? You're not a Thai. There is no Thai alive able to speak English like you do. Wear a shirt with no sleeves next time you go to immigration, and if you don't, quit this shit.

Hate: People who don't read posts correctly