Best Air Con Service In Pattaya

infinity11

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Khun Tom 08 1 864 7475 services since several years my 19 units to my utmost satisfaction

That very same Tom, same phone number, has made an attempt to install the aircons in my new home, and I had to send him away half way the job as he was doing a sub of substandard job.

Welding long tubes instead of using ones in one pice, using the wrong electric cables and making the wrong connections.

But yes he speaks a bit of English where many don't.

Khun Tom 08 1 864 7475 services since several years my 19 units to my utmost satisfaction

That very same Tom, same phone number, has made an attempt to install the aircons in my new home, and I had to send him away half way the job as he was doing a sub of substandard job.

Welding long tubes instead of using ones in one pice, using the wrong electric cables and making the wrong connections.

based on some of your postings i have strong doubts that you can judge the standard of any technical job.

L-dog%20very%20small.jpg

p.s. copper pipes are not "welded".

I've been using a (english) guy who goes by the name, "Straff", I believe he manages the maintenance side of Pattaya Realty. Tel: 081 865 2871

His guys are punctual, competent, there's no mess, and never had to call them back to complete unfinished or unsatisfactory work. No complaints.

Edited by Woody1

based on some of your postings i have strong doubts that you can judge the standard of any technical job.

L-dog%20very%20small.jpg

p.s. copper pipes are not "welded".

Well I'm for sure not the member that comes on this forum claiming that he's the richest member and knows everything about everything, whereby he mostly resort to insulting other members if they proof that he's talking <deleted> , and then has to redicule himself with a post like this.

post-163350-0-93576900-1360556140_thumb.

http://www.thaivisa....n/#entry4910572

I also know that copper pipes are not welded the same way as 2 pieces of steel are welded together, brased would have been the correct word, but I'm not English native so it was an unfortunate misuse of words.

But everyone with half a brain, not sure if you even fall into that category, will know that especially with inverter aircons where the coolant pressure is much higher than with traditional aircons, that connecting pipes is a big no-no.

I guess that my electrician who was on site at that time, would have had enough knowledge to judge the quality of Tom's electrical work.

Edited by jbrain

Not the cheapest but reliable and if any issues the boss man will come out who is Irish ( nearly fluent in English smile.png )

http://www.irishaircon.com/

This

He goes by the name of Seamus & has a bang up job for me on a couple of occasions 0896087808

I have also used Seamus before and his guys did an excellent job of sorting out a mess some cowboys had previously made.

P.K air on Thepprasit rd is excellent .

Pittaya speaks good english.

The first time I asked him to check my A/C he said it was ok and wanted no money.[Distance traveled app 14 k return]

I gave him 200 baht for time wasted.

He has just installed a new A/C for me at good cost and even mounted my compressor on the wall at no extra cost very neat work.

Num Chai quoted a higher price for the same A/C and wanted 500 baht to wall mount the compressor.

• 2 months later...

my aircon compressor is broken and needs replacement, I went to PK the week before Songkran and was told they were busy but no problem after Songkran. I gave my number and they were supposed to call me after Songkran, Of course nobody called, I now called twice and was told "come this afternoon" and each time nobody shows up. They seem to have fair price but well if they don't show up it doesn't help much bah.gif

Anyways is there another good shop doing repairs and not overcharging falangs ?

• 1 month later...

OK this needs to be done.

I am thinking at the very least every six months so i am bumping this for the latest info and best service technicians who can speak English are competent and wont charge and arm and a leg.

I DO NOT like the people the LL brings in and i think they charge him too much.

Maybe a can of worms but i am willing to work around it.

After five firrgin years they finally got the system cool.

RANT OVER.

thanks all.

BTW they need to come out to place in pattaya and speaking thai AND english might be a plus for the owner who speaks only thai. I still might try the irish guy. Regular service should be between 500-1000 baht?

I paid Irish Aircon 650/ unit and did have an issue after the service, the tech was back as soon as I called and rectified the problem free. A friend won't use them as says anything over 400 is robbery, I get my units serviced 6 monthly my friend seems to be calling out his guy nearly monthly......

I am paying an arm and a leg for ele units so this should be top notch service, totally cleaned and charged and getting the unit working GREAT; the room is small, not sure why any of this has been such an issue. TIT (fade and repeat)

We pay 400thb per unit and that includes the refrigerant filling. They will either use waste inside the house to wash the unit, or disassemble the unit and clean it outside. We've had no issues with them and I can post the number if the forum allows it or pm me for it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

We pay 400thb per unit and that includes the refrigerant filling. They will either use waste inside the house to wash the unit, or disassemble the unit and clean it outside. We've had no issues with them and I can post the number if the forum allows it or pm me for it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Can you please clarify "use waste inside the house to wash the unit " as I cannot work out what you mean but it brings up nasty connotations smile.png

There has been no issue with other numbers posted earlier in the thread so would be good if you could post it?

I think he means they use rags (waste) to clean the inside of the unit. Not sure why they are refilling refrigerant regularly as the system should be sealed and virtually never needs topping up unless there is a leak. To the average punter there is probably no difference in putting on the gauges to check the pressure and actually topping up the refrigerant, so suspect is just checking the pressure.

Just something in an earlier comment that had me rolling around laughing where it was said that Inverter units operate at higher pressures than standard units. No not true, the system pressure is dependant on the type of refrigerant used and the temperature, Google ":refrigerant gas pressure chart" and you will see what I mean. The inverter allows the compressor to operate at different speeds and hence output to match usage, instead of the standard way of switching the compressor on/off as required.

Cheers

Just something in an earlier comment that had me rolling around laughing where it was said that Inverter units operate at higher pressures than standard units. No not true, the system pressure is dependant on the type of refrigerant used and the temperature, Google ":refrigerant gas pressure chart" and you will see what I mean. The inverter allows the compressor to operate at different speeds and hence output to match usage, instead of the standard way of switching the compressor on/off as required.

Cheers

I hope you got yourself up from the floor yet. It is correct that the pressure depends on the refrigerant used. Where R-410A will run almost double the pressure of R-22 refrigerant.

http://www.advantageengineering.com/fyi/289/advantageFYI289.php

The reason I used the words "inverter " instead of refrigerant was actually because the majority of the inverter aircons run on R-410A refrigerant, however there are a few models which still use R-22, where I'm not aware of any conventional aircons available in Thailand that run on R-410A.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Can you please clarify "use waste inside the house to wash the unit " as I cannot work out what you mean but it brings up nasty connotations smile.png

There has been no issue with other numbers posted earlier in the thread so would be good if you could post it?

I meant they use "water" to clean it inside the house. My phone auto corrected to waste and no matter how I tried I could not edit it.

So, to clarify, they can either use water spay inside the house to wash the unit or they can disassemble and take the parts outside for cleaning. I had 4 units and they did some one way and the others the other way. Depending on how new/old the unit was and where it was located.

We get our AC's serviced about 1x a year and they always check the refrig pressure and top up as needed. The ppl we have used in the past would charge us per lb of refrigerant used. Now we use services that include it in the cleaning fee. I know for certain that after they leave our AC are running cooler and more efficient cause I always turn up the temp to get the same result. Of course that is due to the cleaning as well as the refrig filling. I do understand that it's a closed system and shouldn't need filling unless there is a leak but ours are all mounted up high and in the sun and we're told that leads to more loss of refrigerant over the long term.

The number for them is 08-54371194

Edited by Jayman

I see the nozzle for the refrigerant and areas around it are rusting.

There are two parts to my one unit: one i think is called a compressor and it is outside, suspended by a bracket so it is exposed to elements and does not get a through cleaning!

I wonder how we can work around this, there is no place to support a ladder.

It was installed without a thought to access it for service i think.

The pipping or tubing used to have insulation which all rotted off.

Thanks folks!

Edited by infinity11

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I asked him to check my A/C he said it was ok and wanted no money.[Distance traveled app 14 k return]

He has just installed a new A/C for me at good cost and even mounted my compressor on the wall at no extra cost very neat work.

Num Chai quoted a higher price for the same A/C and wanted 500 baht to wall mount the compressor.

Again this is an out call service that is necessary, so phone number is essential, thanks.

Again this is an out call service that is necessary, so phone number is essential, thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

I meant they use "water" to clean it inside the house. My phone auto corrected to waste and no matter how I tried I could not edit it.

So, to clarify, they can either use water spay inside the house to wash the unit or they can disassemble and take the parts outside for cleaning. I had 4 units and they did some one way and the others the other way. Depending on how new/old the unit was and where it was located.

We get our AC's serviced about 1x a year and they always check the refrig pressure and top up as needed. The ppl we have used in the past would charge us per lb of refrigerant used. Now we use services that include it in the cleaning fee. I know for certain that after they leave our AC are running cooler and more efficient cause I always turn up the temp to get the same result. Of course that is due to the cleaning as well as the refrig filling. I do understand that it's a closed system and shouldn't need filling unless there is a leak but ours are all mounted up high and in the sun and we're told that leads to more loss of refrigerant over the long term.

The number for them is 08-54371194

OK thanks, who are you referring to please, do you have a name? do they speak english and thai?

I called three of these recommendations and this one was the only one who was able to communicate fairly reasonable with me 089 608 7808, i think the irish fellow i got from this thread.

Anymore decent or excellent recommendations? thanks.

• 3 months later...

OK the system has a tech issue now. So it needs TLC and EXCELLENT service.

I had 2 or 3 different thai guys in the past, ok but never feeling satisfied like they did THEIR best to make the unit AS COLD AS POSSIBLE.

So who is the best and why?

thanks

P.S. i did a search and bumped a couple of other threads up on the same topic.

Edited by infinity11