Revamp Of Curricula 'part Of Key Changes'

Lite Beer

I certainly wouldn't subject my child to the Thai education system and therefore I don't worry about it. The government is not really going to do anything, as you cannot control an educated populace. The sad reality is that those in power will ensure that those not are kept under control through the lack of education while they continue to rape the countries finances and all the while throw them a bone, such as the rice pledging scheme.

AEC 2015 cancelled. AEC 2016 don't hold your breath.... ever.

Precisely why I'm leaving this country forever... and taking my family with me (but gotta get the papers in order first).

Let the Thais wallow in their perfect world.

Well I can feel your frustration. But to be honest with you the Thais are much happier than you with it.

Perhaps try to look at it from a Thai's point of view and leave your own western ingrained points of view out of it.

You may not feel so down on it if you do.

I certainly wouldn't subject my child to the Thai education system and therefore I don't worry about it. The government is not really going to do anything, as you cannot control an educated populace. The sad reality is that those in power will ensure that those not are kept under control through the lack of education while they continue to rape the countries finances and all the while throw them a bone, such as the rice pledging scheme.

AEC 2015 cancelled. AEC 2016 don't hold your breath.... ever.

Precisely why I'm leaving this country forever... and taking my family with me (but gotta get the papers in order first).

Let the Thais wallow in their perfect world.

Beg to differ.

My wife has a fourth grade education and is very happy it her life as a Thai. She has successfully raised two children and with a little help from me they have been able to go on for a further education. She is very happy taking care of the home and me ( I let her think she is) She takes care of her mother and has a circle of friends she interacts with very nicely.

No she can not explain the Theory of Relativity in depth or split an atom she has no idea what a god particle is and could care less.

She does not bask in the sun light of academia she just enjoys life and is always there to help a friend. Before you try to denigrate the Thais try to look at them as just being different not wrong.

As for corruption good luck with running from that. The only reason you will think you have escaped it is because the people you choose to settle in with are educated up to your standards and know how to hide it.

• Like 2

As Thais have much lower average incomes than in the other 2 countries, perhaps they could consider a subsidy for texts and uniforms so that poorer families can AFFORD to keep their children in school longer.

Them bad old Democrats under the evil Mr Abhisit did just that when they were in power last time.

The kindly, peace loving, warm, defenders of the poor, generous PTP people cancelled it so now parents have to pay like they did before them Dems took over.

• Like 2

As Thais have much lower average incomes than in the other 2 countries, perhaps they could consider a subsidy for texts and uniforms so that poorer families can AFFORD to keep their children in school longer.

Them bad old Democrats under the evil Mr Abhisit did just that when they were in power last time.

The kindly, peace loving, warm, defenders of the poor, generous PTP people cancelled it so now parents have to pay like they did before them Dems took over.

But to be fair to the poor loving Phua Thai government they did leave the free education up to M3 level in place...previously P6 before the Dem's. I think only so there would be enough M3 leaving certificate holders to work in their family holdings.

Yes sur master....

Edited by thaicbr
  • Like 1