Question About Wire Transfer

Hello,

I want to transfer money from my account back in my home country to Kasikorn bank. I know I need swift number, account number/name and Kasikorn bank's full address. Does anyone know if the address has to be the address of the branch where the original account was opened or the address of the head office of the bank? Thank you for your help.

Edited by ELLHNAS

Ask your branch but SCB and Bangkok Bank use the address of the main office in Bangkok for SWIFT transfers, since your account number will indicate your branch

I had a Kbank account several years ago and I am pretty sure that I used the main office address for SWIFT transfers from my US bank

I always used the local Bangkok Bank address and the normal Bangkok Bank SWIFT code and believe that was what was asked. The first digests of the account number are assigned to a specific branch location although suspect either will get to customer.

Ask your branch but SCB and Bangkok Bank use the address of the main office in Bangkok for SWIFT transfers, since your account number will indicate your branch

I had a Kbank account several years ago and I am pretty sure that I used the main office address for SWIFT transfers from my US bank

I asked the branch and they told me to use the branch address but I think they have no clue. I did a wire transfer with Bangkok Bank a few years ago and I am pretty sure I used the head office. I just need confirmation.

I always used the local Bangkok Bank address and the normal Bangkok Bank SWIFT code and believe that was what was asked. The first digests of the account number are assigned to a specific branch location although suspect either will get to customer.

I have used the exact same method that you use for SWIFT transfers to my Bangkok Bank. Monies in my account here the next working day every time.
  • Like 1