I Don't Know How To Do This.

NeverSure

How rampant is the use of pirated Windows in LOS?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Obviously I'm trying to create a poll. I'm not at all advocating using pirated Windows. I'm just curious as to how much piracy people think there is.

For one thing Windows 7 is still readily available in the West. I wonder if piracy is the reason that Windows 7 is disappearing so fast in SE Asia.

Just curious. Thanks for your time.

Edited by NeverSure

When I asked about cracked, I meant fully cracked to where Microsoft accepts it as genuine. Computer properties will show it as validated and will say that this computer has genuine Windows. Microsoft will supply updates. It will forever be genuine to Microsoft.

I don't mean just be able to use it. I mean truly genuine, although pirated and cracked.

Edited by NeverSure

I answered 75% and 0%.

Not selling Windows 7 in SE-Asia anymore will just push up the use of pirated versions which are readily available on the net.

Windows 8 will get cracked too.

Agreed. I think it will push up the number of cracked Win7 in many countries.

Win8 is already cracked, as is Office 2012. But who wants it, hahaha?

Again, I'm not advocating pirating. I'm just curious about the use.

I think Windows will remain relatively cracker friendly.

They could curb piracy immediately, since the OS can now find unique device numbers for CPU, mainboard and VGA cards, harddisks, and gets user's IP addresses.

BUT: what would happen if suddenly had to pay for windows? people would use linux more and suddenly there would be a market for linux games, and the future generation of office workers would not be familiar with windows, which would be a huge disadvantage for microsoft.

I think a fairly easily cracked windows is vital for microsoft to maintain windows rank at the top of OS.

Edited by manarak

I think Windows will remain relatively cracker friendly.

They could curb piracy immediately, since the OS can now find unique device numbers for CPU, mainboard and VGA cards, harddisks, and gets user's IP addresses.

BUT: what would happen if suddenly had to pay for windows? people would use linux more and suddenly there would be a market for linux games, and the future generation of office workers would not be familiar with windows, which would be a huge disadvantage for microsoft.

I think a fairly easily cracked windows is vital for microsoft to maintain windows rank at the top of OS.

Maybe it's true about linux. I don't know.

A proper crack for Windows reads the hardware, records it for the unique device, records the SSID and does a thorough and actual validation on Microsoft's servers. It is truly and forever cracked on that machine. That's what I'm talking about. The crack program goes online and registers all of that with Microsoft and totally fools Microsoft forever.

Bad cracks only change the local machine so that it doesn't nag.

Pushing windows 8 is helping the suffering desktop PC market, more touch screens will have to be manufactured and since we are replacing stuff, lets get a new tower too which fits all the new specs. It is a conspiracy.. rolleyes.gif

When I asked about cracked, I meant fully cracked to where Microsoft accepts it as genuine. Computer properties will show it as validated and will say that this computer has genuine Windows. Microsoft will supply updates. It will forever be genuine to Microsoft.

I don't mean just be able to use it. I mean truly genuine, although pirated and cracked.

Already available. Google "Windows Loader".

Mods delete if not allowed. ohmy.png

Pushing windows 8 is helping the suffering desktop PC market, more touch screens will have to be manufactured and since we are replacing stuff, lets get a new tower too which fits all the new specs. It is a conspiracy.. rolleyes.gif

Actually, with Win8, you don't need a touch screen. It will quickly convert to look much like Win7 with start button and all, and will do fine with mouse and keyboard. I have seen it only in stores, and I run Win7 Ultimate 64 bit and am not ready to change. I don't see a reason to spend money when I like what I have.

Actually, with Win8, you don't need a touch screen. It will quickly convert to look much like Win7 with start button and all, and will do fine with mouse and keyboard. I have seen it only in stores, and I run Win7 Ultimate 64 bit and am not ready to change. I don't see a reason to spend money when I like what I have.

True, neither do I, but pushing it by not really promoting/selling windows 7 anymore as the standard setup in new desktops they may hope to prevent the same what happened when 7 came on the market while XP was still sold and updated.

7 is fine for me, no problems works as advertised.

If the sales figures for Win 8 are to be believed, Win 8.1 won't be far behind.

Right. I remember Windows ME (Millennium Edition) which was supposedly an upgrade to 98SE but was a disaster and was followed by XP. Likewise I remember 98 quickly becoming 98SE. I remember Windows 2000.

Lately it was Vista. Who ever heard of Vista, LOL.

I too expect some significant changes in Win8 before too long. Maybe the notebook edition and the desktop edition?

windows 8 is just another windows ME , Vista with the extra "Bling"

win98 , win2k , XP , win7 are all the better OS.

hardware enthusiasts will always use win7 until win8 can prove that it's rock solid in terms of benchmark numbers. And so far none of them have made the move to win8.

hardware enthusiasts will always use win7 until win8 can prove that it's rock solid in terms of benchmark numbers. And so far none of them have made the move to win8.

It's Windows 7 with a fancy interface and some work behind the scenes. It IS rock solid (The version number is 6.2.9200) and faster than Windows 7, but the tablet interface is an absolute joke on most desktop PCs.

It's Windows 7 with a fancy interface and some work behind the scenes. It IS rock solid (The version number is 6.2.9200) and faster than Windows 7, but the tablet interface is an absolute joke on most desktop PCs.

How is it rock solid? No real evidence or numbers to actually prove it is.

+1 win7 64 bit.

Lately I've been getting suckered into helping people with their win8 machines. It's an extremely frustrating OS. I personally will be staying away from it, and just cannot recommend it to

anyone.

Why windows 7?

Why not just buy the bl**dy original version you want?

I happen to need Vista (I'm no fan) for a specific program and I'm not savvy enough to get into partitioning my hard drive, etc.

On the other hand, I hate to think of paying more $$'s to Dollar Bill.

Sometimes just can't win whistling.gif

No, MS provides updates whether the licence is legitimate or not, for obvious reasons.

No, MS provides updates whether the licence is legitimate or not, for obvious reasons.

Not all updates, just the security updates, I believe?

So let me rephrase it. Does control panel>System show this, and is there no nagging?

And can you still go through these steps and come up genuine?

thumb.png

Edited by NeverSure

Why would anyone need the knowledge to crack a Windows.

It is ready made downloadable from the internet, cracked that you pass all the Windows genuine tests.

I've been running Windows 8 PRO legally since August last year. (yes before launch)

The installation of the start button was a must with windows 8, then it functions pretty much like windows 7 did. I really don't get on with the windows 8 metro style at all.

I'm also not too keen on office 2013, I wish I had stuck to office 2010

On the whole I have found it stable and have come across no compatibility issues.

With regards to the activation, it seems to want to reactivate itself on regular occasions, this may be an anti-piracy move..

Why would anyone need the knowledge to crack a Windows.

It is ready made downloadable from the internet, cracked that you pass all the Windows genuine tests.

First, I'm 100% against piracy.

That said, If I were to do it, I wouldn't download a copy for fear of trojans, rootkits, etc. I would borrow a legitimate disk, install it and crack it. I have been able to make copies of Win 7 with my burner and they work. That is perfectly legal when you own a real disk. That's just backing up what you paid for.

That is the reason why I voted that 0% of people here know how to properly crack, to the point it appears genuine.

Windows Loader is a crack that can bypass most of the problems, but doesn't appear genuine to a skilled eye and leaves unwanted things on the computer that can cause problems.

A proper crack would appear 100% natural.

Something to the effect of being identical to a factory shipped legitimate computer software wise (without the dell/hp/asus logo on the computer and without the windows serial sticker.)

Simple (if you know about s**c) yet NEVER done by a single computer shop I have seen in Thailand.

They prefer easy and nasty rather than 20 mins work and clean.....

Saying anymore would likely break forum rules so I will refrain.....

That is the reason why I voted that 0% of people here know how to properly crack, to the point it appears genuine.

Windows Loader is a crack that can bypass most of the problems, but doesn't appear genuine to a skilled eye and leaves unwanted things on the computer that can cause problems.

A proper crack would appear 100% natural.

Something to the effect of being identical to a factory shipped legitimate computer software wise (without the dell/hp/asus logo on the computer and without the windows serial sticker.)

Simple (if you know about s**c) yet NEVER done by a single computer shop I have seen in Thailand.

They prefer easy and nasty rather than 20 mins work and clean.....

Saying anymore would likely break forum rules so I will refrain.....

I really don't know what you are talking about. There is no such thing as a "proper" crack.